2016/17 Microsoft STEM Scholarship In Computer Related Discipline For International Students, USA, Canada or Mexico

Applications are invited for Microsoft STEM scholarship for the 2016-2017 academic year. Scholarships are awarded to students who are currently enrolled in a four-year undergraduate bachelor’s degree program at an institution in US, Mexico or Canada and meet the other criteria for scholarship eligibility. A large majority of Microsoft scholarships will be awarded to female students, under-represented minority students (African-American, Hispanic or Native American etc.) or students with disabilities. The application deadline is January 31, 2016.

Study Subject(s): Scholarships are awarded to pursue studies in Computer Science and related STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering, and Math) disciplines.
Course Level: Scholarships are available for students who are currently enrolled in a four-year undergraduate bachelor’s degree program.
Scholarship Provider: Microsoft Corporation
Scholarship can be taken at: USA, Canada and Mexico

Eligibility: To be eligible student must:
-Be enrolled full time in a bachelor’s degree program at a four-year college or university in the United States, Canada or Mexico at the time you submit the application.
-Show satisfactory progress toward an undergraduate degree in computer science, computer engineering or a related technical discipline such as electrical engineering, math, or physics.
-Be able to demonstrate an interest in computer science. Because the scholarship is merit-based, you must maintain a 3.0 cumulative grade point average out of a possible 4.0, or a 4.0 cumulative grade point average out of a possible 5.0. Chosen recipients will be asked to provide a copy of their official transcript.

Scholarship Open for International Students: Students of Mexico, USA and Canada can apply for this scholarship.International students can also apply if they are currently studying in North America and meet the criteria for scholarship eligibility.

Scholarship Description: Microsoft awards college tuition scholarships each year to encourage students to pursue studies in Computer Science and related STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering and Math) disciplines. Chosen recipients will be awarded in recognition of their demonstrated passion for technology, academic excellence and leadership while working to make a difference in the software industry. Microsoft places great value in encouraging under-represented groups to pursue STEM fields of study. As such, a large majority of our scholarships will be awarded to female students, under-represented minority students (African-American, Hispanic or Native American etc.) or students with disabilities. Microsoft Corporation will review all applications and select final candidates on the holistic basis of eligibility, quality of application, demonstrated passion for STEM, commitment to leadership and financial need.

Number of award(s): Microsoft is offering four different types of technical scholarships for the 2014-2015 academic year to current undergraduate students: General Scholarships, Women’s Scholarships, Minority Scholarships, and Scholarships for Students with Disabilities.

Duration of award(s): Scholarship is offered for one academic year.

What does it cover? Applicants may receive either a full or partial scholarship for the academic year. Full tuition scholarships will cover tuition for the academic year as posted by the financial aid office at your college or university. Microsoft will make payments to the designated school and they’re not transferable to other academic institutions. You may use the funds for tuition only—not for other costs listed on your bursar bill, such as room and board.

Selection Criteria: This is a merit based scholarship. Students are selected based on their exceptional leadership work in the promotion of diversity in STEM disciplines at their university.

Notification: Not Known

How to Apply: The mode of application is online.

Online Application

Scholarship Application Deadline: The application deadline is January 31, 2016.

Further Official Scholarship Information and Application

1. shamshadin kassim omer

October 16, 2015 at 8:42 PM

My name is Shamshadin Kassim Omer. I was graduated from jigjiga university, Ethiopia by BSC of electrical & computer engineering. I need scholarship please help me to get scholarship for masters degree related to electrical & computer engineering (communication stream).please contact me by Phone Number: +251920905316 Email:shadokassim@gmail.com P.o.Box 436 Harar,Ethiopia

2. abdirahman

October 19, 2015 at 9:38 AM

my name is abdirahman I gratuated secondry school I want apply this university please contact me 002524334752. Or Gmail. Yes143728@gmail.com

3. Sintayyo Zewude

October 20, 2015 at 12:41 PM

you are good so i hope as you makes me to be succed in your cumpus

4. Zubeer huseen

October 20, 2015 at 8:38 PM

Hi my name is zubeer hussein i live in mogadisho I studied secondary at imaam shaafi’ school i want bacholar degree of IT plz contact me my no:+252615678273 Or E-mail:zubeer4u@hotmail.com

5. Abinet wubante

October 27, 2015 at 5:36 AM

my name is abinet wubante I want to learn more please contact me +251-918063438 or abinetwubante@gmail.com

6. Manzi norman

October 27, 2015 at 6:38 AM

Am Norman manzi if you make my dreams true having that scholar ship it would be great!

7. diriba

October 27, 2015 at 9:10 AM

hi i am diriba from ethiopia i have graduated from university of gondar by information science in if i get the chance iwant to study in ur country

8. abdu teshome

October 29, 2015 at 8:13 PM

Hi,I’m abdu from ethiopia i am undergraduat student in Addis Ababa University in Information Science,so i have seeking the chance to study within your country.

October 30, 2015 at 12:14 AM

Hi my is Foday Jawara i am from West Africa The Gambia smiling coast of Africa, I need free scholarship for computing courses.My phone number is + 2203674685 / + 2209988528 or you Email on Jawarafoday2@gmail.com Thank you!

10. ahmed

October 30, 2015 at 11:13 AM

hi my name sis ahmed nasir m parents don’t have enough money to pay ma bill in university so like to help me out to continue ma education career…thank you

• juujuu

November 2, 2015 at 6:31 PM

may name is juujuu bleas help me

11. juujuu

November 2, 2015 at 6:35 PM

my facebook is juwa2016@hotmail.com

• Ahmed osman mohamed

November 3, 2015 at 12:59 PM

my name is Ahmed osman moohamed i am secondary level specially the last year i went to graduate 2015/2016 i live in mogadisho the capital city of somalia i went to request all the managers to give me free scolarship i went to join facaulty of IT so if you can help me contact me 00252612050005 or my Dad 00252615701214

12. lalisa Talila

November 5, 2015 at 11:26 AM

I am very glad to this opportunities and i wanna apply for the scholarship on narural resource related fields, thank you for undrestanding my application, i am forward to hear from you. Your sincerly Lalisa Talila

13. Jabir Kedir Ibrahim

January 2, 2016 at 11:56 PM

my name is Jabir kedir Ibrahim from Ethiopia ,i need this scholarship .contact me on :+251922319437 or email: jabirkedir21@gmail.com

14. saeed

April 7, 2016 at 8:26 AM

hi my name is saeed yahye awad I’am secondary level last glass I would like to study the free scholarship I am from Somalia specialy Somaliland call the phone 2522634829290 or email

15. Aretas Faustine

April 10, 2016 at 8:41 PM

my dream is to become an extreme programmer through studying bachelor of computer science. Please help me to go into a better University in US to accomplish what i’ve been desired contacts +255718141657

16. My name is chaltu wake kayo.I was graduate from shashmene ICT college,Ethiopia,by diploma,I need scholarship masters degree related to ICT, plz contact me by phone number+251945877217.

May 22, 2016 at 3:33 PM

I was graduate from shashemene ICT college,Ethiopia,by diploma, i need scholarship please help me to get scholarship master degree related to ICT.please contact me by phone number +251945877217.

17. Alou Tawaye Bassirou

August 15, 2016 at 5:50 PM

Hello!!! I live in Niger and I finished my high school in 2015 . But I need a scholarship to study in America if possible . Because I really your high-level education… Thanks for all . Join me on +22791707178 …Bye