The University of Sussex is seeking to attract 10 international research scholars. A scholarship will normally be tenable for one year in the first instance, renewable annually for a maximum of 3 years for full-time doctoral students. The Chancellors International Research Scholarship will cover international fees and provide a stipend which will match that provided for UK doctoral students by the UK Research Council.
School(Institutions/ Country):University of Sussex | UK
Level: postgraduate research program
Field(s): any of the courses within Social Science Schools of study at the University of Sussex.
Deadline: 29 January 2016.
Funded By: University of Sussex, UK
Beneficiaries(Target Groups): Chancellors International Research Scholarship is targeted for International Students
‣ You must be classified as an international fee paying student to apply.
‣ Applicants must commence their PhD academic studies in the United Kingdom in September 2016.
‣ Applicants must meet the University’s academic entry requirements and the IELTS English Language Requirements contained in the postgraduate prospectus
‣ Applicants will be notified of the outcome regarding their application by Friday 11th March 2016
Scholarship Application Method
‣ Applicants should apply online to the University of Sussex by Wednesday 13th January 2016, you are also required to complete and submit a Chancellor’s International Research Scholarship (CIRS) application form by 29th January 2016.
‣ Applicants will need to attach a project summary to their CIRS application form(Online Application)
The document should be no longer than 2 sides of A4 and needs to outline the overall goals and proposed timeline of the proposed research project.
‣ It should focus on the logistics of the research, rather than its theoretical or intellectual content. It must also give details of any language training and fieldwork that will be necessary in order to carry out the proposed research.
‣ Scholarship Applications are due on 29 January 2016.
‣ Application forms and guidelines can be download from the official website
‣ It is important to read the application procedure, and visit the official websites (link found below) for detailed information on how to apply for this scholarship.