Apply For 2016 The Commonwealth Scholarship and Fellowship Programme For International Students, UK

The Commonwealth Scholarship and Fellowship Plan (CSFP) is one of the largest and most prestigious scholarship schemes for international study in the world. Since it was established in 1959, around 30,000 individuals have benefited – 25,000 of them have held awards funded by the UK government, managed by the Commonwealth Scholarship Commission in the United Kingdom (CSC).

Application Deadline: April 1st 2016

The Commonwealth Shared Scholarships is offered by the CSC for citizens of developing Commonwealth countries in 2016. These scholarships are funded by the UK Department for International Development (DFID), with the aim of contributing to the UK’s international development aims and wider overseas interests, supporting excellence in UK higher education, and sustaining the principles of the Commonwealth

Commonwealth Shared Scholarships are offered for selected taught Master’s courses, and are usually tenable for one year only. These scholarships do not cover undergraduate courses, PhD study, or any pre-sessional English language teaching.

To apply for these scholarships, you must:

• Be a Commonwealth citizen, refugee, or British protected person
  • Be permanently resident in a developing Commonwealth country
  • Be available to start your academic studies in the UK by the start of the UK academic year in September/October 2016
  • By August 2016, hold a first degree of at least upper second class (2:1) honours standard
  • Not have studied or worked for one (academic) year or more in a developed country
  • Be unable, either yourself or through your family, to pay to study in the UK
Intended beneficiaries:
  • High-quality postgraduate students who have not studied extensively overseas before, who would not otherwise have the opportunity to study in the UK, and who have the potential to enhance the development of their home countries with the knowledge and leadership skills they acquire.

Scholarship Worth:

Shared Scholarships are jointly funded by the CSC and participating UK universities. Each Scholarship provides:
  • Approved airfare from your home country to the UK and return at the end of your award (arranged by the university; funded by the CSC)
  • Approved tuition and examination fees (funded by the CSC)
  • Stipend (living allowance) at the rate of £1,034 per month, or £1,268 per month for those studying at universities in the London metropolitan area (rates quoted at 2015-2016 levels) (paid and funded by the university)
  • Thesis grant towards the cost of preparing a dissertation, where applicable (claimed from and paid by the university; funded by the CSC)
  • Warm clothing allowance and visa reimbursement, where applicable (paid and funded by the university)
  • Study travel grant towards the costs of study-related travel within the UK or overseas (claimed from and paid by the university; funded by the CSC)
  • Excess baggage allowance, up to an annual approved limit, when returning home (claimed from and paid by the university; funded by the CSC)
  • No additional allowances are available for spouses or other dependants.

How to Apply

• You should apply to study an eligible Master’s course at a UK university that is participating in the Shared Scholarship scheme. Here is a list of participating universities and eligible courses.
  • You must make your application using the CSC’s Electronic Application System (EAS) – information on how to use the EAS, including detailed guides, is available at http://bit.ly/cscuk-shared-scholarship
  • Before applying, you must check with your UK university for their specific advice and rules for applying, and for their own closing date for applications. Here is a list of contact details
  • You can apply for more than one course and/or to more than one university, but you may only accept one offer of a Shared Scholarship. The CSC will not accept any applications that are not submitted via the EAS to your UK university or applications directly from individuals.
  • All applications must be submitted by 23.59 (BST) on 1 April 2016 at the latest. Each university has its own closing date for applications, and most fall before 1 April 2016. You must submit your application by the date advised by your UK university.

For More Information:

Visit the Official Webpage of the 2016 Commonwealth Shared Scholarships

1. Shamshadin kassim Omer

October 15, 2015 at 8:56 PM

My name is Shamshadin Kassim Omer. I was graduated from jigjiga university, Ethiopia by BSC of electrical & computer engineering. I need scholarship please help me to get scholarship for masters degree related to electrical & computer engineering (communication stream).please contact me by Phone Number: +251920905316 Email:shadokassim@gmail.com P.o.Box 436 Harar,Ethiopia

2. bamlaku mamo yibeltal

October 17, 2015 at 8:43 AM

bamlaku.mamo@gmail.com

3. tofik mohammed

October 17, 2015 at 8:06 PM

my name is Tofik Mohammed Amado I am graguated from Haramaya University by BA Economics to get mor e informetion cotact me by 0922816418 or tofe mmd@gmial.com

4. Efeson Esawa

October 19, 2015 at 10:06 AM

I Want to get scholarship

5. NDAYIZEYE Dieudonné

October 23, 2015 at 8:08 AM

my name is Ndayizeye Dieudonné From Burundi,i need this scholarship,i have degre in scB ,please help to get your scholarship.i would like to join and study your scholarship.please contact me on my number phone: +257 71550951 or my email :dieudonnendayi11@gmail.com

6. Negase Girma

October 25, 2015 at 5:20 AM

my name is Negase Girma Hailu from Ethiopia. I have BSC degree in chemistry from Hawassa university in 2013G.c.if the will of God and those who gave this chance I want to learn masters by related fields. Please help me.

7. Abiy Befikadu Sime

October 28, 2015 at 11:44 AM

My name is Abiy l am studing at Bahir Dar University Ethiopia l need scholarship pleace help me.

October 29, 2015 at 1:36 PM

Am yoal samuel gai tut and l have completed grade 12 in ethiopia and l need an scholarchip for university level please help and contact me on these phone +251965757452 and thanks

9. Nsabimana Emmanuel

October 30, 2015 at 7:49 AM

my name is nsabimana Emmanuel.I am Rwandan I need a scholarship I finished my high school in 2013 in combination of mathematics economics and geography and I get national scholarship now i am in second year in national university of Rwanda ,thank you, my contact 0789474530

10. sani usman

November 8, 2015 at 8:42 AM

I am berry happy wen I see this

11. Abshir

November 22, 2015 at 8:03 PM

Dear All My name is Abshir ibrahim, from ethiopia and i have graduated Bsc of professianal nursing for a facelity of 2009, and know looking to join with you to study with my MPH program, Regards

12. dominic mutua

November 24, 2015 at 7:48 AM

hi,I’m Dominic Mutua,a graduate of B.ed(science)-physics and chemistry at Egerton university, Kenya. I’m happy to find you online.I want to pursue Msc -inorganic chemistry or M.ed(science education)…so kindly help me acquire such a scholarship.

13. Getachew kebede fantay

January 5, 2016 at 4:32 PM

im Getachew kebedefrom ethiopia.im gratuated in app bio from z u/sity of Hawassa.even i want to continue my further studies but impossible due to lack finance.im well in education gratuated with GPA of 3.12.if u select me among one of z lucky ones i will succeed and put my great effert in one of z host u/sities.pls contact me in my cellphoe..251912235358.10q.

January 11, 2016 at 8:22 AM

my name is dase kisi.I learn in jimmaa university mechanical engineering. I can graduate after 2018 GC.

15. dase kisi

January 11, 2016 at 8:23 AM

16. Aura Emmanuel

January 13, 2016 at 1:34 AM

My Name Is Aura Emmanuel From Gulu (Uganda) Senior Six Leaver Waiting For The Result In March 2016 Looking For Schoolarship In Degree In Telecommunication Engineering From Abroad 2016. My Contact;0775736548/0718956900 #Thanks

17. Melese Reta

January 14, 2016 at 5:14 AM

Hello sir/madam my name is Melese Reta from Ethiopia.Firstl I want to thanks your scholarship organizations for you offering this scholarship opportunity for students.I was graduated from Jimma University,Ethiopian in Civil Engineering with B.Sc.degree.I would like to be one of the students who attend this golden scholarship opportunity in the related field.please contct me by phone no:+251912810451 or Email:melukoo2013@gmail.com Thaks with best regards!!

18. Temesgen Fekadu

January 14, 2016 at 7:16 PM

My name is Temesgen Fekadu from Ethiopia. I am graduated from Wollega University by Hydraulic & Water Resources Engineering with distiniction in 2015. So I want to ascholarship to upgrade my education level in your University.so contact me by e-mail:temefeke@gmail.com or 0917845997

19. mohamed

January 15, 2016 at 2:16 PM

My name is mohamed I am student in Somalia I completed secondary school the last year I want to improve my education please accept request for you I want to scholarship program please help me and my country i am student poor and country really I want to learn Engineering telecommunication please contact my email is caliyeeta@hotmail.come

20. samuel yeshitla haylemaryam

January 15, 2016 at 9:19 PM

first of all I would like to say thankyou for this chance! my name is samuel yeshitla am from Ethiopia ( east africa ) I have BA degree in business management from diredawa university & now am work in united school in assistance director position & olso am first year hospitality & tourism management student in s.marrys university college in extension program. when you think I have an ability I have a big interest to join it! phone no 912461247. thanks for all!

21. BAKUNDUKIZE Egide Prince

January 20, 2016 at 6:58 AM

My name is BAKUNDUKIZE Egide Prince, from Burundi. I need the scholarship. plazy help me to give me some opportunity. I would like to backelor’s degre. My contact number is +25771125851 and my E Mail prizo_k@yahoo.fr