Apply For 2016 UNU Junior Fellows Internship Programme, Japan

Apply For 2016 UNU Junior Fellows Internship Programme, Japan

The United Nations University Office of the Rector is inviting applications for Junior Fellows Internship Programme for spring 2016. Applicants must be currently pursuing or has recently completed postgraduate studies (master’s or doctoral), preferably in a field related to the University’s work are eligible to apply. The junior fellow position is unpaid (i.e. there is no remuneration), one may participate in the programme on a student visa, the applicant is required to secure accommodation on their own. Two to a maximum of five junior fellows are selected for each term.

The United Nations University Office of the Rector recruits highly qualified applicants to work as Junior Fellows at the UNU headquarters in Tokyo. Junior Fellows are recruited through a competitive application process twice per year.

‣ Graduate students interested in the work of the United Nations — and in particular, UNU — are encouraged to apply.

‣ The underlying principles of the UNU Junior Fellows Internship Programme at the Office of the Rector are centred on creating a dynamic, challenging and rewarding experience for graduate level students and young professionals.

‣ Successful candidates will contribute to the work of the Office of the Rector, the United Nations University, and the UN system as a whole. The programme provides opportunities for the development of new skills and knowledge and is a unique and constructive setting for the practical application of capacities acquired through graduate studies.

‣ The programme places a strong emphasis on the training, guidance, and hands-on experience that form the foundation of a successful and beneficial internship. The programme opens with a one-week orientation designed to familiarize junior fellows with UNU, their co-workers, facilities and the working processes within the Office of the Rector.

‣ The knowledge and practical experience gained will also be beneficial to those candidates seeking a career in the United Nations. Junior fellows at the Office of the Rector can expect to gain valuable work experience while contributing in meaningful ways to UNU’s mission.

The candidate for UNU Junior Fellows Internship programme need to meet the following criteria:

‣ is currently pursuing or has recently completed postgraduate studies (master’s or doctoral), preferably in a field related to the University’s work;

‣ is under 32 years of age at the time of application;

‣ must not have more than 5 years of work experience in their related field;

‣ has a native or near fluent command of written and spoken English;

‣ has excellent research, writing and analytical skills;

‣ can establish and maintain effective working relations with people from diverse backgrounds;

‣ demonstrates resourcefulness and creativity in problem-solving;

‣ has advanced computer skills: sound, hands-on, knowledge of standard office software (word processing, spreadsheets, databases, etc.); and

‣ has a demonstrated interest in the work of the United Nations and more specifically, in the work of the United Nations University.

Notification of UNU Junior Fellows Internship results

‣ At the end of each stage, both successful and unsuccessful applicants will be notified of the status of their application. Successful applicants will be given instructions on the next stage of the application process.

Scholarship Application Method

‣ The application process is conducted in two stages. Therefore, the total amount of time for the process depends on how far the applicant advances. Starting from the deadline for the first stage of the application, each stage takes approximately one week.

‣ Internship Applications are due on 25 October 2015.

‣ Application forms and guidelines can be download from the official website

‣ It is important to read the application procedure, and visit the official websites (link found below) for detailed information on how to apply for this scholarship.

For more Information about UNU Junior Fellows Internship

1. shamshadin kassim omer

October 20, 2015 at 9:53 PM

My name is Shamshadin Kassim Omer. I was graduated from jigjiga university, Ethiopia by BSC of electrical & computer engineering. I need scholarship please help me to get scholarship for masters degree related to electrical & computer engineering (communication stream).please contact me by Phone Number: +251920905316 Email:shadokassim@gmail.com P.o.Box 436 Harar,Ethiopia

2. Kenyi lomandeki wani

October 20, 2015 at 10:10 PM

Hi my name is kenyi lomandeki wani i finished secondary i went scholarship help me. 0956332288 or stephenkenyi83@gmail.com.

3. Gattuak Ruot Yiek Patuot

October 21, 2015 at 8:22 AM

Hi: my name is Gattuak Ruot Yiek Patuot born in 1988 from South Sudan.l completed my secondary certificate in year of 2012 and now iam looking for scholarship. Therefore lam in Ethiopia as refuge so to save life for crisis that happen. Best regard to hearing from you. phone Number:+251942603489 gattuakruotyiek@gmail.com

4. Teferi Temesgen Mekuria

October 21, 2015 at 12:32 PM

Dear Sir/Madam I am Teferi Temesgen from Ethiopia and have first degree in Educational planning and Management from Haramaya University. And have 14 years experience in Education as a teacher and supervisor. I am happy if you give me chance scholarship for master program in related field. Thank you Sincerely Teferi, Mekuria

5. sisay Regassa

October 21, 2015 at 3:57 PM

hello dear. my name is sisay Regassa. I’m from Ethiopia and I have BA degree in civic and ethical studies from Dilla university and I have interest to continue MA degree in related field, please help me. contact me via phone number +251913762851 and email sisayregasa52@gmail. com. thank you!

6. Zakarie abdinasir

October 23, 2015 at 4:49 AM

May name zakarie abdinasir i am somali i need to sicholarship becouse i complete high school there fore may parent have not money which to joined university please and please help me may phone number +252907359377 or email sakariye2500@gmail.com

7. Gudina Bokona Demie

October 25, 2015 at 4:53 AM

My name is gudina bokona.i want to study Ms in mechanical engineering,because i am going to complete my frist degre in mechanical from Adama science and technology university in Ethiopia.

8. yaasir ismaaciil subagdhame

November 2, 2015 at 3:58 AM

Dearsir/madam,my name is yasser ismael.Am somali and I am 17 years old am a highschool school graduate.please I wud love tohave scholarships from in order for I to pursue my dreams. connect me my Email. subagdhame112@gmail.com please reply me for my email

9. mohamed Ali

November 2, 2015 at 7:52 PM

My name is Mohamed Ali I from Somalia ,correctly a student at amoud university in Somalia faculty of Bacholar of business infromtion tech degree I wish to request to a chance to under go intership in your company this enableme apply my skills to hel your organization grows,also learn I hope fro positive response from your office and look forward working with you SO please help me

10. Ishmail Dauda Kamara

November 9, 2015 at 10:24 AM

Am Ishmail Dauda Kamara, i have completed my high schooling course and have obtained a school living certificate. I will appreciate it a lot if i receive your scholarship to help me further my studies.

11. Ishmail Dauda Kamara

November 9, 2015 at 10:29 AM

My email ishdaudakamara28@gmail.com Mobile +23288423786

12. Emmanuel

December 14, 2015 at 9:37 AM

My name is Dusenge Emmanuel. I was finished secondary school at Ecole Technique de Kabgayi, Rwanda.in electricity, I need scholarship please help me to get scholarship for undergratuate degree related to electrical & electronics and telecomminication engineering.please contact me by Phone Number: +250788928003 Email:dusmanuel40@gmail.com

13. Morris malanga

December 28, 2015 at 8:21 AM

Hi, Am a Zambian citizen, completed my secondary\high school level in 2012 with a full certificate with distinction, merits and credits. Am here by asking for a favor of have a scholarship in any field that you think can best suit me. Your response will be highly appreciated. Thank you