Apply For 2016 WACCBIP New Postdoctoral Fellowship Programme For African Scholars

Applications are invited for WACCBIP New Postdoctoral Fellowship Programme for the year 2016. Applicants must be an African who received his/her PhD degree within the last three years and interested in developing a research career in the biosciences in Africa. The successful post doctoral fellow will be supported with up to $150,000 to cover a monthly salary, Research supplies and reagents, conference grant and Other related costs. The application deadline is 30th November 2015.

Study Subject(s):

Fellowship is awarded to promote the development of leadership skills and networking with other scientists in Africa. Research themes: Human genetics, Disease pathogenesis and immunity, Pathogen genomics/Bioinformatics, Host-pathogen interactions, Diagnostics, Molecular epidemiology, Target discovery for drug and vaccine development.
Course Level: Fellowship is awarded to pursue postdoctoral programme.
Scholarship Provider: Department of Biochemistry, Cell and Molecular Biology (BCMB) and the Noguchi Memorial Institute for Medical Research (NMIMR), University of Ghana, and has several regional and international partner institutions.
Scholarship can be taken at: Africa (Ghana, Mali, The Gambia, and Kenya)

Eligibility:

To apply for this fellowship, you must:
-Be an African who receivedhis/her PhD degree within the last three years and interested in developing a research career in the biosciences in Africa.
-Develop a comprehensive postdoctoral research proposal that can be completed within 2-3years.
-Be highly motivated individual interested in developing novel research directions.
-Work with minimal supervision and have a high standard for research ethics.
-Be interested in workingon one of the following priority disease areas and research themes:
-Priority Disease
-Non-communicable diseases, Sickle Cell Anemia, Diabetes, Cancers, Stroke, Chronic Kidney disease, Chronic Obstructive Lung Disease, Infectious diseases, Protozoan pathogens – Malaria, Trypanosomiasis, Fungal pathogens – Cryptococcosis, Candidiasis, Helminths – Schistosomiasis, Onchocerciasis, Soil-transmitted helminthes, Mycobacteria – Tuberculosis, Buruli ulcer, Other Bacterial Pathogens –Gastro-intestinal and blood infections, Viruses – HIV/AIDS, Ebola (EBVD), rotaviral infections, Influenza, Dengue fever.
Scholarship Open for International Students: African scientists are eligible to apply for this fellowship programme.

Scholarship Description:

The WACCBIP-Wellcome Trust DELTAS programme is seeking young African scientists to work as postdoctoral fellows in an environment that promotes the development of leadership skills and networking with other scientists in Africa. As a new centre of excellence for biomedical research, WACCBIP will generate tremendous research activities through the various graduate training programmes. The centre and its partners will therefore, provide a well-resourced research environment to promote the research careers of newly graduated PhDs. WACCBIP is co-hosted by the Department of Biochemistry, Cell and Molecular Biology (BCMB) and the Noguchi Memorial Institute for Medical Research (NMIMR), University of Ghana, and has several regional and international partner institutions.
What does it cover? The successful post doctoral fellow will be supported with up to $150,000 to cover:
– A monthly salary
– Research supplies and reagents
– Conference grant
– Other related costs.

How to Apply: Please send copies of the following required documents to waccbipleader-at-ug.edu.gh or waccbip-at-gmail.com
-Application Form
-Full CV
-Letter Of Intent (Describing their Academic and Research Background)
-Full Research Project Proposal with Budget (Max 12 Pages, Excluding References)
-PhD Certificate.

Application Form, Click Here

Scholarship Application Deadline: The application deadline is 30th November 2015.
Further Official Scholarship Information and Application, Click Here

1. abdimatiin

October 22, 2015 at 9:29 AM

Hello my Name is Abdimatiin Hussein I Live in somalia i would like to anget opportuniy to study full scholarship undergraduate scholarship please and please contact me..Abdimatiin09@outlook.com

2. Tariku Beyene

October 22, 2015 at 12:48 PM

hi iam ethiopian.iam studinp medcin.pleas help me with giving ths great chance.txs mob+251928780651

3. shamshadin kassim omer

October 22, 2015 at 5:18 PM

My name is Shamshadin Kassim Omer. I was graduated from jigjiga university, Ethiopia by BSC of electrical & computer engineering. I need scholarship please help me to get scholarship for masters degree related to electrical & computer engineering (communication stream).please contact me by Phone Number: +251920905316 Email:shadokassim@gmail.com P.o.Box 436 Harar,Ethiopia

4. YEMANE

October 22, 2015 at 9:16 PM

MOTIVATION LETTER I would like to apply for M.Sc. program. Am biologist with a special interest in Biotechnology. Currently, I am working in assisting different laboratory activities in the department of Biology, Mekelle University. I have obtained B.Sc. degree in Biology in 2014, from the Mekelle University, Ethiopia. During my Bachelor of Science studies, I worked on Diversity and use of medicinal plants at Hawzen district, Tigray, northern Ethiopia. During my senior project work I, obtained good experience of developing concepts of Biology as well as practical. I did opt for this, because I believed that higher institution are instrumental sites for further study and research plan; especially in terms of dynamism, experience sharing and human engineering. By purchasing my M.Sc. in your University which is virtual center of learning and excellence, and especially in Biotechnology, I hope to be better trained and qualified in research and other activities after graduation. I have aspired to further strengthen my knowledge, skill and attitude. The five years undergraduate program in my B.Sc. program is the basis of my perseverance towards achieving an in-depth knowledge in the field of Biotechnology. As a part of my degree course I studied various subjects relating to diverse aspects of Biology which are included in my CV. Also for the past seven years and eight months I have been working as a teacher of second cycle and high school in the department of biology. My work has helped me develop a thorough insight into return to the academic world for further growth. It has given me the confidence to pursue Bachelor of Science degree and also kindled a desire to do laboratory activity and conducting research with practical. This career with open prospects has given me constant incentive to improve myself and to gain more knowledge. As I embark upon a new stage of my life, I believe that a postgraduate study will provide a milestone in my career along with invaluable experiences that will allow me to become a successful, innovative professional and assist in accomplishing my goals. My decision to pursue graduate studies in your University is underscored by my desire to be a part of the graduate program at your institution. The pioneering works going on at the Biology department, which include the development of Biological research, perfectly match with the field of my interest. The interdisciplinary nature of Biotechnology has convinced me in taking this decision as it is the ideal choice for an exciting research career. I am confident that overall opportunity to study in your higher institution will broaden my horizons and give me an opportunity to gain world class education and help me become an excellent world citizen. I am sure that I will match all the credentials and will be able to maintain high standards at your university. Thank you very much for your consideration and time. With regards YEMANE KIDANE MESFIN

5. mekilit girma

November 1, 2015 at 9:11 AM

LETTER OF INTENT The wonders that science and technology have unfolded before us are not limited to time and space. My aim in life is to accumulate this diverse knowledge with this cherished goal in my mind. My interest in science dates back to my years in high school, where I excelled in biology and chemistry. I wish to state my view points in the following paragraphs. Midwifery, as a field, had always fascinated me even before my undergraduate college days. I believe my penchant for this field stems from the fact that it is a field providing solution to our world in different aspect. I have had the opportunity to study a number of subjuct after my undergraduate, and they have been all enjoyable and enlightening, providing me with a new and different perspective on the world in which we live. Having enjoyed doing biology and chemistry right from high school, which can be witnessed from my high school results, I succeeded in the University entrance examinations and established myself as one among the top students of the national and continued my academic career with the study of midwifery in the University of mekelle (ETHIOPIA). After four years of study, I graduated with bsc ofmidwifery degree with top ten ranked in June 2014. In the pursuit of knowledge, I have always adopted a rigorous approach in order to attain an in-depth understanding of the subject at hand. This has amply reflected in my consistent job career. After I completed my Bachelor of Science in midwifery I got the honor of working as a lecturer directly in mekelle University based on the gpa 3.69 I strongly believe that I rather learn during my young ages to be more productive and also to attain my goals in general. I consider myself to be a good candidate for this program because I am young and energetic person who has strong base in midwifery courses. And of course, I would have been a good asset in sharing knowledge and culture too. I am certain that I can do much better, if I pursue my education in this program. After I earn my masters degree , I intend to start work on my PH.D in electrical engineering and engaged in different research activities, if I get the chance , otherwise , by combing the knowledge that I got from my undergraduate study with the knowledge that I will get from this program. Thank you for considering my application Sincerely yours, mekilit girma

6. linna phiri

November 4, 2015 at 11:43 PM

My name is linna phiri from malawi am amalawian aged 22 am seeking for ascholarship from you studying journalism.wil be so pleased And Happy if you approve my application May God be with you contact me on watsup +256992678250 or call on +256881101374 my email linnahphiri@yahoo.com thank you

7. mukhtar

November 5, 2015 at 2:47 PM

mt name mmukthtar iam 20 year old i like to study universit thank you very mach my number is 2520634753869 may best weshis

8. mahamed.hasan

November 6, 2015 at 6:29 AM

I am mahamed.hasan I am Ethiopian I learn deplom management still I am in deploma pls I need to get agance for this gance pls contact me tel +251915710443 thanks to you all

9. max max