Apply For 2016 WTO Internship Programme for Postgraduate Students In Geneva Switzerland

The World Trade Organization Secretariat maintains a limited internship programme for post-graduate university students wishing to gain practical experience and deeper knowledge of the multilateral trading system. This is the WTO Internship Programme. Only a limited number of such internship posts is available.

Intake to the programme is on a continuing basis, with no specific recruitment period. There is no opening or closing date for applications.

WTO Internship Programme

Course(s) Offered: Internship
Course Level: Postgraduate
Provider: World Trade Organization
Country to Study in: Switzerland

Interested candidates should follow the procedures and conform to the eligibility criteria set out below.

Please note:-
As part of the internship programme, WTO also offer the WTO Accessions Internship Programme (see http://www.wto.org/english/thewto_e/acc_e/acc_internship_e.htm), sponsored by the Government of China, within the framework of the MOU on the “China’s LDCs and Accessions Programme” established in July 2011. Four internship positions are available on an annual basis under the Accessions Internship Programme.

Eligibility criteria are as set out below:
Interns are recruited from among nationals of WTO Members and countries and customs territories engaged in accession negotiations.
Interns will have completed their undergraduate studies in a relevant discipline (e.g. economics, law, political science, international relations), and shall have completed at least one year of their postgraduate studies.
The minimum age for an intern shall be 21 years and the maximum age 30 years.
A roster of suitable candidates is maintained from which interns are selected. In addition to the regular internship programme, the need may also arise to recruit interns at short notice for particular tasks. These recruits will also be drawn from the roster. Names will not be maintained on the roster for longer than one year.
Eligible groups
Citizens of 159 member countries (as of 2 March 2013) – see WTO Members and countries (with dates of membership).
Also, citizens of customs territories engaged in accession negotiations are also eligible.

Participating Institutions
World Trade Organization, Geneva, Switzerland.

Please note that internships take place in Geneva, Switzerland ONLY.

Fields of study
Assignments given to interns are intended to enhance interns’ knowledge and understanding of the WTO and of trade policy more generally. However, the needs of the Division recruiting an intern will be paramount in determining the precise nature of assignments.

Number of awards
At any particular time, only a limited number of such internship positions are available

Sponsorship duration
Internships are generally of a duration of up to 24 weeks, the length of the internship depending on the project the interns is requested to work on, and on the needs of each Division.

The granting of an internship does not entail in any way the right to an extension thereof nor to a vacancy in another part of the Secretariat. Interns may nevertheless apply to external vacancies.

Internships can start at any time during the year.

An internship can be terminated by the WTO Secretariat or by the intern with one week’s notice.

Scholarship benefits

Paid interns receive a daily allowance of CHF 60 (including week-ends and official holidays falling within the selected period). No other remuneration of any kind shall be paid.

Internships take place in Geneva, Switzerland only. Travel expenses to and from Geneva cannot be paid by the WTO, and such travel is not covered by the Organization’s insurance. Interns are also responsible for their own insurance cover for illness and accidents while they are working at the WTO.

The WTO may also employ unpaid interns funded from external sources.

Method of Application

Online applications are strongly encouraged to enable WTO to store your profile in a permanent database.

Applicants will be contacted directly if selected.

Please visit WTO’s official E-Recruitment website at www.wto.org (link to it is below). The system provides instructions for online application procedures.

DEADLINES:

PLEASE NOTE:
The Director responsible for an intern will write an evaluation report at the end of the internship, and the intern will also be required to evaluate the internship. Both evaluations will be placed on file.

An agreement will be established between the intern and the Director of the Human Resources Division, specifying the conditions of service and details of any remuneration.

Interns are treated like secretariat staff members during their stay insofar as their obligations, in particular with regard to confidentiality.

Application Deadline: Rolling / Ongoing
Open to International Applicants: Yes

More Scholarship Information and Application

1. Nesredin mohammed ibro

October 13, 2015 at 9:19 PM

l am graduated from Samara university,Ethiopia in BA degree in sociology. l am very interested to get this scholarship to study masters

2. shifera gebeyehu

October 13, 2015 at 9:43 PM

my name is shifera gebeyehu am want this scholarship am a vission one a docuter this case to give this chance at this time study at Adigrat university by clincal nursing.email.shifeg3@gmail.com

3. Shamshadin Kassim Omer

October 13, 2015 at 11:52 PM

My name is Shamshadin Kassim Omer. I was graduated from jigjiga university, Ethiopia by BSC of electrical & computer engineering. I need scholarship please help me to get scholarship for masters degree related to electrical & computer engineering (communication stream).please contact me by Phone Number: +251920905316 Email:shadokassim@gmail.com P.o.Box; 436 Harar,Ethiopia

October 14, 2015 at 6:32 AM

October 14, 2015 at 6:34 AM

My jama hasan abdilah I have degree human resource mangent in golis universety somaliland hargaysa I need help for schrolship

6. bayisa sintayehu

October 14, 2015 at 6:44 AM

my name is sintayehu I’m graduate by nurse I want ur help to get schoralship

7. abdulmatiin

October 14, 2015 at 9:55 AM

Hi My Name Abdimatiin abdilahi I live in somalia I’m very interesting university if yo success plz contact me Abdimatiin09@outlook.com

8. tesfay haftu

October 14, 2015 at 3:29 PM

My nameis Tesfay Haftu G/maryam . I was graduated from Debre markos university, Ethiopia by BED degree in mathematics . I need scholarship please help me to get scholarship for masters degree related to mathematics and related fields (communication stream).please contact me by Phone Number: +251933917710 Email:haftutesfsh2@gmail.com P.o.Box; 65256 addis abeba ,Ethiopia

9. fikru abebe

October 14, 2015 at 3:34 PM

My name is fikru abebe. I was graduated from hawassa university, Ethiopia by BSC of food science and post harvest technology. I need scholarship please help me to get scholarship for masters degree related to food science and technology, food and beverage technology,food processes engineering etc.please contact me by Phone Number: +251917100082 Email:fikruabebe14@gmail.com Addis Abeba,Ethiopia

10. Mwumvaneza paul

October 15, 2015 at 9:39 PM

I think this is good and help tobuild strongest world tank you

11. teka mossie

October 16, 2015 at 4:15 PM

my name Teka Mossie From Ethiopia i Have LBB in law in dire dawa universty.im glade to be selected to this pricious chance.contact me email:tekamossie@Yahoo.Com Phone +251921863427.

12. Saidou Baldeh

October 24, 2015 at 2:24 PM

Hello,I am from the Gambia.I completed my college in 2012 And now teaching as a qualified teacher. I am seeking for a scholarship to do my degree course.

13. abere

October 27, 2015 at 9:46 AM

I want ur scholarship

14. Saidou Baldeh

October 27, 2015 at 12:41 PM

Hello,I am pleased to received your messages.I would love to be part of the lucky ones to get the scholarship.

15. Eyobed Gebresslasie

October 27, 2015 at 7:54 PM

I need u Help to recived scolarship

16. mohamed ahmed mohamud

October 28, 2015 at 6:35 PM

hallo my name is Mohamed I need u help and I like to get scholarship please contact me 252634816029

17. Didie kachigamba

October 29, 2015 at 3:57 PM

I have honors Degree in Medical Laboratory Sciences From Malawi College Of Medicine.

18. mohamed

October 31, 2015 at 9:41 PM

my name,s mohamed c/risaq adam from somalia please I need help and iam very very very intrest to get my chance please contect me eith my phone +2520634204262 and my EMAIL :mohamedqalinmaal@gmail.com

19. Fana Zeremariam Negash

November 10, 2015 at 10:21 AM

first i would like to tank you for this great and very important apourtunity,My name is Fana Zerenariam Negash i am from eritrea located in east horn africa,iam 23 years old ,i graduated in 2013 by banking and financein diplom in colluage of buisness and economics halhale and i really want to take this scolarship.tank you for every thing.

20. samuel yeshitla haylemaryam

January 5, 2016 at 3:00 PM

first I would like to say thankyou for this chance! my name is samuel yeshitla am from Ethiopia I have BA degree in bussiness management from diredawa university& am work in united acadamy in assistant director position & olso naw am first year hospitality&tourism management student in s.marry university college in extension program. when you think I have an ability I have big interst to goin thes scolar!!! thanxs for all.

21. samuel yeshitla haylemaryam

January 5, 2016 at 3:05 PM

samuel yeshitla phone no 0912 46 12 47

22. belayneh demissie

January 21, 2016 at 5:30 AM

sir/madam I Am Belayneh Demissie From Ethiopia.firstly i wanna to thank Your government ,whom endow us such golden opportunity.i have been graduated by chemical engineering recently on june 2015.i would like to proceed in Msc. Level by chemical engineering or related field. i have great respect and passion to Your Beloved community as we have a long aged relation with our country Ethiopia. Could You Contact Me kindly? email Belaydemissie565@gmail.com phone +251920057943 i hope you will accept me and i also be one of your great university community. thanks With best regards

23. noah mussie

April 13, 2016 at 1:07 PM

first i would like to thank you for this great and very important apourtunity my name is noah mussie i m 25 years old from ethiopia and i m study dental technician and now i need your help because i need more to know and working by this course at my life so plise i need your help to take me a god chooseing my chance plise this is my face book adress noh.mussie90@gmail.com thanks so…much

24. brhane solomom feshation

May 23, 2016 at 7:52 AM

my name is brhane solomon feshation from Eritrean ,i have BAdegree in nursing(BSN) from recognized universty i wont study my MSc degree related this fieled if i got scholarship or suponser please contct me by e.mail brhane_solo94@yahoo.com