Apply For 2016 YALI East Africa Regional Leadership Program For Africans

Apply For 2016 YALI East Africa Regional Leadership Program For Africans

YALI Regional Leadership Center East Africa which is part of President Obama’s Young African Leaders Initiative and one of the four regional hubs that provides transformational learning and improved leadership skills to young Africans. We request your support in spreading the news about this exciting program to international students on your campus.

Application Deadline: October 20th 2015

Cohort 4            –           January 10, 2016 to March 24, 2016
Cohort 5            –           February 7, 2016 to April 29, 2016

Located at Kenyatta University, in Nairobi, Kenya, the Center is more than a location for learning or a venue for collaboration; it is a philosophy, a forward-leaning culture of diversity that invites dreaming and thinking differently to define and realize one’s potential. The program is inclusive, embracing future leaders regardless of religion, ethnicity, socio-economic status, gender, or disability.

Selected participants aged 18-35 years, drawn from 14 countries in East and Central Africa; namely Kenya, Uganda, Tanzania, Rwanda, Burundi, Somalia, Sudan, Ethiopia, Eritrea, Djibouti, Democratic Republic of Congo, Central Africa Republic, South Sudan, and Congo, engage in innovative leadership training across three tracks of study of (1) Business and Entrepreneurship, (2) Civic Leadership, and (3) Public Management.

The YALI Regional Leadership Center East Africa is a diverse and dynamic learning environment that will provide the training, networking, business and entrepreneurial skills to enhance your ability to lead.

Eligibility:

Competition for the YALI Regional Leadership Center East Africa is merit-based and open to young East African leaders who meet the following criteria:
Are 18 to 35 years of age at the time of application submission,
Are citizens and residents of one of the following countries: Burundi, Central African Republic. Republic of the Congo, Democratic Republic of the Congo, Djibouti, Eritrea, Ethiopia, Kenya, Rwanda, Somalia, South Sudan, Sudan, Tanzania, Uganda,
Are not U.S. citizens or permanent residents of the U.S.
Are eligible to receive any necessary visa to Kenya, and
Are proficient in reading, writing, listening and speaking English.

Study Tracks:

Business and Entrepreneurship
Civic Leadership
Public Management

Selection Criteria

Selection for participation in the YALI Regional Leadership Center East Africa will be conducted as a merit-based, open competition. All eligible applications will be reviewed by a selection panel. Chosen semi-finalists will then be interviewed before a final selection is made and an invitation to join the program is issued.

Selection panels will use the following criteria to evaluate applications:

A demonstrated leadership in public service, business and entrepreneurship, or civic engagement.
Active engagement in public or community service, volunteerism, or mentorship.
The ability to work cooperatively in diverse groups and respect the opinions of others.
Strong social and communication skills.
An energetic, positive attitude.
A demonstrated knowledge, interest, and professional experience in the sector/track selected, and
A commitment to apply leadership skills and training to benefit your country and/or community after the program.
Applicants will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, ethnicity, color, gender, religion, socio-economic status, disability, sexual orientation, or gender identity.

Benefits:
The participants immerse themselves in a 12-week course of study, three weeks of residential learning on-site at the Center in Nairobi;
Eight weeks of virtual distance learning via technology from their home countries; and a final week on-site at the Center in Nairobi for wrap-up and presentations.
The Center benefits the participants by linking them to a network of other young leaders from East Africa empowering them by enhancing their skills and confidence to lead; providing guidance from some of the best business and leadership minds in Africa; and opportunities for internships, among other benefits.

Timeline:
The dates for the Cohorts are listed below: –
Cohort 4            –           January 10, 2016 to March 24, 2016
Cohort 5            –           February 7, 2016 to April 29, 2016
Cohort 6            –           February 28, 2016 to May 20, 2016
Cohort 7            –           April 3, 2016 to June 24, 2016

2016 YALI East Africa Regional Leadership Program Cohort 4 & 5

For More Information:

Visit the Official Webpage of the YALI East Africa Regional Leadership Program

1. ASCHALEW GETACHEW

October 8, 2015 at 12:55 PM

I AM 2ND YEAR UNIVERSITY STUDENT CIVIL&ARCITUCTURAL DEPARTMENT I WANT TO GET SCOLARSHIP PLESS..

• Anonymous

October 13, 2015 at 11:28 PM

hi. my name is muktar abdi iam somali i would like to get this chance i,m 32 years old contact 252634472417 email qaalib5@gmail.com

2. sisay Regassa

October 9, 2015 at 5:17 PM

hello dear. my name is Sisay Regassa. I’m from Ethiopia and I have BA degree in civic and ethical studies from Dilla university and I have interest to continue MA degree in related field of studies, please help me. contact me via phone number +251913762851 and email sisayregasa52@gmail.com. thank you!

3. Mohammed Ahmed

October 10, 2015 at 4:01 PM

My Name is Mohammed Ahmed I am from Ethiopia I have BA degree in Sociology and Social work from Ambo University. I am graduated in 2014/15. I am 23 yers old. pls help me i have interest to follow MA by releted fields pls contact me by this phone No +251920456815

4. isse feisal mohamed

October 11, 2015 at 9:37 AM

iweould like to get scholar ships african countries

5. zerihun sorsa Geleso

October 11, 2015 at 1:22 PM

i would like to say thank you for your giving me this chance i hope ,i,m zerihun sorsa Geleso from Ethiopia i like to get this great chance in medical laboratory science please call me on +251910106060 thank you for all

6. Aloys Nahigombeye

October 14, 2015 at 4:16 AM

The future of our Africa lies in African youth hands.Thanks for hinting African youth knowledge to development

7. Aloys Nahigombeye

October 14, 2015 at 4:20 AM

The future of Africa lies in African youth hands.Thanks for enhancing African youth with hints to development

8. Irankunda Ervin

October 14, 2015 at 7:10 AM

Hello… Am Irankunda Ervin from Burundi. Am 22 years old, am a finalist in Electromecanic, I would get that opportinuty to continu my studies in the USA, that’s my dream. Please, am avalaible on +257 75 657 085 or ervinirankunda@gmail.com

9. Mulugeta Chifraw Sisay

October 16, 2015 at 7:08 AM

hello! i am mulugeta from ethiopia i am pre engineering student.

10. I would like to enjoy with this opportunity that encourage best & democratic government in East Africa! my name is Endalamaw Adane , I am 27 years old,l have the first degree in BED. law& governance from Mekell University, I am Ethiopian, my phone

October 23, 2015 at 12:46 AM

it is best way to bring democratic culture in East Africa .

11. mariama j jalloh

October 24, 2015 at 12:16 PM

Hi my name is, mariama j jalloh I am a guinee who was born in Sierra Leone I need this scholarship please help me (+224669563434)(+224620848417)

12. NDAYIZEYE Dieudonné

October 26, 2015 at 8:49 AM

my name is ndayizeye dieudonné from burundi in East Africa and resident burundi,i really need this scholarship,help me to get this chance.i have 25 age and i want to study public management.please contact me on:+257 71550951 or my email:dieudonnendayi11@gmail.com

13. Mengesha tadele

October 27, 2015 at 1:22 PM

Am 25 years old & i have LLB degree in law pls contact me on+251931815483

14. max

December 4, 2015 at 12:42 PM

I am from somalia i have computer sceince if possible i need contact 00252615734406

15. teka mossie

December 5, 2015 at 10:36 PM

hello.Dear/madam My name is Teka Mossie From Ethiopia.I Have LLb Degeree at Law In Dire Dawa University.Im Glade to learn leadership related course at master level to contribute for Ethiopia For Leadership Sector.Please Select Me Im Eger to Learn? if Posible Contact Me Through Email Tekamossie@Yahoo.Com Phone. 251921863427

16. hussen abdela

December 7, 2015 at 5:49 PM

It is nice i’m etiopian want to us this opportunity please contact me wiz above email adires 10q

17. Jabir Kedir Ibrahim

January 3, 2016 at 1:17 PM

my name is Jabir kedir Ibrahim from Ethiopia ,i need this scholarship .contact me on :+251922319437 or email: jabirkedir21@gmail.com

18. Goitom Mikael

January 8, 2016 at 6:00 PM

Let me first extend my gratitude for giving this opportunity. My name is Goitom Mikael from Eritrea living in Ethiopia as urban refugee. I am looking for enrollment in Ma Business and Entrepreneurship.I have graduated Bsc in Statistics from Adigrat University, Ethiopia, under the full support of The Ethiopian government and UNHCR.So, please contact either via my Facebook address or cellphone +2519 61 06 59 46.Thank you very much for all your concerns and time.

19. frew mamuye