Apply For Hjort Research Scholarship for International Students in Norway, 2016

Apply For Hjort Research Scholarship for International Students in Norway, 2016

Hjort Scholars intend to increase co-operation between Hjort scientists and reputable scientists internationally whose research is deemed to promote scientific innovation and understanding of marine ecosystems, with the ultimate aim of increasing the sustainable harvest of living resources.

‣ The planned research should fall within one or more of the themes in the Science Plan. Contact needs to be established with at least one member of the Centre before producing the plan for the visit.

benefits (Value/ Inclusions):

Award No: For 2016, a total of two Hjort Scholars will be awarded.

Scholarship Duration: The grants should be used within the period from 1 February 2016 to 31 December 2016.

Scholarship covers: The grant amounts up to 50.000,-NOK and should be used within the period from 1 February 2016 to 31 December 2016. The Grant shall be paid to the Hjort Scholar to cover documented expenses related to a research visit to the Hjort Centre, Bergen, Norway. Eligible costs include travel (low-fare tickets), accommodation and work-related consumables. Salary is not included. A short budget should be included. Here the maximum rate for living costs per month is presently 29 000 NOK. Travel expenses come in addition.

School(Institutions/ Country): | Norway

Level: Scholarship is available for undertaking research at Host Institution in the city of Bergen, Norway. Hjort Scholars are expected to deliver at least two seminal lectures during the guest period – an introductory lecture at the start of the guest period and a summary lecture at the end.

Field(s): The planned research should fall within one or more of the themes in the Science Plan.

Deadline: 1 February 2016 to 31 December 2016.

Funded By: Hjort Centre for Marine Ecosystem Dynamics, Norway

Beneficiaries(Target Groups): Hjort Research Scholarship is targeted for Scholars from all countries are eligible to apply.

The Hjort Scholar will be actively included in a creative and ambitious research environment consisting presently of 90 researchers having access to one of the most extensive research infrastructure existing, spanning from modern laboratories, marine biological stations and advanced research vessels to extensive biological and physical time series.

The Hjort Research Scholarship application needs to be produced in co-operation with a member of the Hjort

Centre, as listed under ‘People’ at Hjort Centre’s website.

‣ This Principal Contact Person is the formal applicant. The Institutional Contact Person/ Principal Contact Person should be a research scientist within the Hjort Centre.

‣ The planned research should fall within one or more of the themes in the Science Plan. Contact needs to be established with at least one member of the Centre before producing the plan for the visit.

Notification:

‣ A committee will evaluate the received applications shortly afterwards; the outcome is scheduled to be announced in January 2016, firstly by e-mail.

Scholarship Application Method

‣ The Candidate’s CV (max. 4 pages) as well as a Letter of Support (PDF) from his/her home

institution should be attached to the letter (not required for emeritus status). These documents should be sent electronically to the Director of the Centre.

‣ Scholarship Applications Deadline: The application deadline is 1 December 2015.

‣ Application forms and guidelines can be download from the official website

‣ It is important to read the application procedure, and visit the official websites (link found below) for detailed information on how to apply for this scholarship.

For more Information about Hjort Research Scholarship

1. Zakarie abdinasir

October 13, 2015 at 9:25 PM

May name zakarie abdinasir i am somali i need to scholarship becouse i complete high school there fore i went to study computer science may parent have not money which to joined university please and please help me may phone number +252907359377 or email sakariye2500@gmail.com

2. shifera gebeyehu

October 13, 2015 at 9:33 PM

my name is shifera gebeyehu am want study a docture because my vission want a docture this case to give this chance this time am study at Adigrat university but clinical nursing.email.shifeg3@gmail.com

3. Shamshadin Kassim Omer

October 13, 2015 at 11:54 PM

My name is Shamshadin Kassim Omer. I was graduated from jigjiga university, Ethiopia by BSC of electrical & computer engineering. I need scholarship please help me to get scholarship for masters degree related to electrical & computer engineering (communication stream).please contact me by Phone Number: +251920905316 Email:shadokassim@gmail.com P.o.Box 436 Harar,Ethiopia

4. liban

October 14, 2015 at 10:19 AM

my name is liiban i am from somalia and i comlete my high school .i need this scholarship

5. fikru abebe

October 14, 2015 at 11:46 AM

My name is fikru abebe. I was graduated from hawassa university, Ethiopia by BSC of food science and post harvest technology. I need scholarship please help me to get scholarship for masters degree related to food science and technology, food and beverage technology,food processes engineering etc.please contact me by Phone Number: +251917100082 Email:fikruabebe14@gmail.com Addis Abeba,Ethiopia

6. Irankunda Ervin

October 14, 2015 at 12:47 PM

Hello. My name is Irankunda Ervin from Burundi. Am in the last year, am studing Electromechamic engeering. I would like to improve my studies in Norway. Please, contact me on +257 75 657085 or ervinirankunda@gmail.com

October 15, 2015 at 4:57 AM

October 17,2015 my name is MIHRATU GIRMA now i am studing Hydraulics and water Resource Engineering at j imma university pleace give me chance to study my Msc at Norway contact me +251921068327

8. Fayisa Lemsa

October 15, 2015 at 7:19 AM

Hello! my name Fayisa Lamesa. I have graduated from bahirdar university, ETHIOPIA.I’ve Bsc degree in animal science and technology with gpa 3.95 .here I honestly requesting you to give me your hand to improve me in livestock research across our glob. my email address: feyalamiwlg1983@gmail.com my phone +251 9 25 09 28 33 finally, I’m eagerly waiting for your positive answer at your convenient time. yours faithfully, Fayisa Lamesa.

9. a.rahman

October 15, 2015 at 12:05 PM

HELLO my name is a.rahman I was gratuated qalah secondry schoolfrom somalia and I need scholarship so IAm requesting you to accept my request

10. MUHEREZA OBEDI

October 17, 2015 at 12:25 PM

Hello.my name is my Muhereza obedi from Uganda.i completed high school level A.Uganda advanced certificate of Education .but i could not get my way to university due to luck of school fees. am very grateful and hopeful to extend my application to desk.there for i will be glad if you favour me with opportunity from organisation.thank you for considering me. Yours truly Muhereza obedi E-mail.muherezao@yahoo.com.Telephone +256785016756

11. Tigabu Ashager

October 17, 2015 at 6:37 PM

my name is Tigabu Ashager I was graduated from jigjiga university In Construction Technology and Management so requested To give Me Chance Of Scholarship If Accept Me Please Contact Me By 0912448407 Or tigabua2013@gmail.com

October 18, 2015 at 8:59 AM

my name is ahmed seid from ethiopia. i am studying veterinary medicine at mekelle university(undergraduate).i have no father who family who help me to attend the school.so please please help me to get scholarship in your university.i have GPA of 3.81. if i get this golden chance please contact me with my phone +251938467333 or email aseid9452gmail.com. thanks a lots

13. dagim lambamo

October 18, 2015 at 9:10 AM

dear madam my name is dagim lambamo BA dgeree i want to start ms in yours school if u can acept my adress +251912243550

14. Mastewal Abebe

October 18, 2015 at 9:47 AM

Dear madam/sir, i’m Mastewal Abebe, from Ethiopia, i have completed BA degree in economics since 2014. Now i need scholarship to master in economics related courses. My phone no +251918555723, email mastewalbb@gmail.com

15. Tarekegne Ngussie

October 18, 2015 at 10:08 AM

Dear madam/sir, my name is tarekegne ngussie i’m from Ethiopia, i’m BA degree graguated in Management since 2014, Now if i get chance i need the shcolarship and master in management related courses. My phone no +251931860839 email tarekegnengussie33@gmail.com

16. damtew

October 18, 2015 at 9:06 PM

am damitewfrom ethiopia aminterested toget scholarshpebecauseiwanttostudy norwayby geting thischance please helpme our aime to be adoctor andhelp poorsocitisknow am studing pshchiatry nurs indillauniversity please thisgoldenchanceforme that cams from the poor family inbussinessemailmamo6784@gmail.com iaim togetthis chance thanks!!!!

17. debela gudina

October 19, 2015 at 4:28 PM

hello,my name is debela gudina I graduated from Gambella university in Animal science .If this chance given me please contact me through this phone nomber +251921191782

18. ADISU BEKELE

October 28, 2015 at 4:47 PM

hello,my name is Adisu Bekele I graduated from Adigrat university in Economics .If this chance given me please contact me through this phone number +251921201633 email:adisubekele33@yahoo.com

19. ABDULAI KAMARA

November 19, 2015 at 10:45 PM

AM ABDULAI A GRADUATE AT F.B.C UNIVERSITY OF SIERRA LEONE,I WANT TO MASTER IN DEVELOPMENT STUDIES MY CONTACT IS +23299267596 OR ABDULAIKAMARA98@GMAIL.COM

20. khalid mohamed

November 20, 2015 at 1:05 AM

hi please choose me my name is khalid mohamed i am from somali please contact me my phone number +252 63 4447889

21. shindo nunow

November 22, 2015 at 12:23 PM

hello my name is dhindo lam from ethiopa and l have degree level bcs lwant to cntinoue my master plz contact me00251961399627/shiindho2122@gmail.com

November 23, 2015 at 4:32 PM

My name is Temesgen Tessema and I am from Ethiopia. I was graduated BA degree with Geography and Environmental studies.Currently I need furthern education.If I get opporitunty please call me in +251935510516

23. abdikani

December 27, 2015 at 9:19 PM

hi my name is Abdikani I’m Somali originated from Sool region specially Taleh district I graduated from Jeerin secondary school which located in Taleh district now I’m in Sudan and yet I didn’t get a university please let me a chance in order to continue the education and I would like to learn about business and management please you can call me this phone 00249993357731