Apply For KAAD Graduate Research Scholarships For Students From Developing Countries, Germany

KAAD Scholarships available for students pursuing master’s degree, PhD or for a postdoctoral research project (2-6 months for established university lecturers) at a German university. There is no specific subject-preference. Applicants have to request through filling a questionnaire and sending it to the KAAD offices for applying to these scholarships.

The KAAD Scholarship Program 1 is addressed to post-graduates and to academics who already gained professional experience and who are interested in postgraduate studies (or research stays) in Germany. This program is administered by regional partner committees, staffed by university professors and church representatives. Normally documents are submitted to the committee of the applicant’s home country.

Award Includes: Not Known

Study Program: Scholarships are available for pursuing master’s degree or a PhD at a German university or do a postdoctoral research project (2-6 months for established university lecturers) at a German university.

Study Major: There is no specific subject-preference. However, the selection board has often given preference to courses and subjects that they felt to be of significance for the home country of the applicant. This holds true especially for subjects of PhD-theses. There is therefore a certain leaning towards “development oriented” studies–this does however not mean that other fields (cultural, philosophic, linguistic, etc.) cannot be of significance for a country and are ruled out.

Host Organization: German Universities

Number of Awards: Not Known

National/International Students: Students from a following developing or emerging countries (Africa, Asia, Near and Middle East (including North Africa) and Latin America) [Focus Countries Ghana, Ethiopia, Zimbabwe, Kenya, Uganda, Tanzania, Cameroon and Nigeria (Africa), Bangladesh, Indonesia, Cambodia, Myanmar, the Philippines, Thailand, Vietnam and China (Asia), Egypt, Jordan, Lebanon, Palestine/Israel and Syria (the Middle East) or Mexico, Guatemala, Colombia, Ecuador, Peru, Bolivia and Brazil (Latin America)] can apply for these KAAD scholarships.

Governing Body: KAAD

Application Procedure: Applications to be tabled in the March-session of the selection board need to be complete by end of November the previous year. Many times, applicants get admission letters (especially for Master-courses) only when these deadlines have passed. In these cases, the university has to be asked to defer the admission to the next academic year. Applications can be made already before admission letters are received. However at the end of the application process, the applicant needs to show either an admission letter or a confirmation by the university that they are eligible for the course and that the application has been received and being processed.

Submission Deadline: Applications to be tabled in the March-session of the selection board need to be complete by end of November the previous year. Many times, applicants get admission letters (especially for Master-courses) only when these deadlines have passed. In these cases, the university has to be asked to defer the admission to the next academic year. Applications can be made already before admission letters are received. However at the end of the application process, the applicant needs to show either an admission letter or a confirmation by the university that they are eligible for the course and that the application has been received and being processed.

For more details visit the official website

1. dagim lambamo

October 17, 2015 at 10:42 PM

my name is dagim lambamo BA degree from Ethiopia peals help me if u can 251912243550

2. ahmed jemal

October 19, 2015 at 7:17 PM

mechanical engineering

3. Hussein Kedir

October 23, 2015 at 11:06 AM

Hello! I am Hussein Kedir. I am from Ethiopia. I have been graduated from Jimma university with BA Degree in Educational planning and management. Now, i would like to apply to KAAD university for MA program. If i do have a chance to do, pleace call me on: +251928724671

October 24, 2015 at 6:27 PM

My name is Temesgen Tessema.I am from Ethiopia.I have been graduated from Hawwasa unveristiy whith BA degree in geography and environmental study with distinction.Currently I need furthern education.If I have chance please help me in +251935510516

5. yogo theodorius peter

October 29, 2015 at 6:57 PM

i am a kenyan and a holder of a degree in peace and conflict studies from kampala university uganda and would like to apply for scholarship to do phd in peace management. +254723360167

6. shamali ali

October 31, 2015 at 9:13 AM

my name A/razak ali i am from somalia i have been graduated in secondary school in somalia i need to help you please contact this number +252907716607

• shamali ali

October 31, 2015 at 9:21 AM

October 31, 2015 at 6:53 PM

hy my nema selamwit from ethiopia help you scholarship contact this number 0915572918

8. shewangzawmerha

October 31, 2015 at 7:18 PM

I have astrong desire to become your university student.

9. max

November 24, 2015 at 4:50 PM

I am from somalia i need master in computer science contact 00252615734406 if can

10. henok

December 6, 2015 at 10:11 AM

my name is henok zewdu from Ethiopia. I grduated BA degree Geography and Environmental study from Addisabeba university.I have Six years working experience in government workes and also finished Accounting BA degree Addisabeba university school of commerce at night session in july. now wann continue Master degree.please help me…

11. henok

December 6, 2015 at 10:15 AM

use this number +251912125672 or 2519236979 49

12. HABTAMU BIRHANU

December 14, 2015 at 8:46 AM

Hello this is Habtamu Birhanu from Ethiopia.I have been granted in Nursing from one of my country’s university and now I am looking for Postgraduate scholarship in Nursing.please contact me via email address @ habtebirhanu2004@gmail.com

13. Temesgen Fekadu

January 15, 2016 at 12:52 PM

My name is Temesgen Fekadu from Ethiopia. I am graduated from Wollega University by Hydraulic and water resource Engineering. Contact me by e-mail:temefeke@gmail.com or 0917845997