Kochi University of Technology is offering Special Scholarship Program (SSP) for project-based. This special scholarship program is available for pursuing the doctoral degree program in the Department of Engineering
The 2016-2017 Special Scholarship (SSP) was established in 2003 in order to support the development of advanced research at the university through the contribution of highly capable doctoral students.
‣ Every year, Kochi University of Technology (KUT) enrolls approximately 15 selected doctoral students to work in specific research projects.
‣ Each student pursues a doctoral course in English while at the same time assisting his/her host professor in his/her research projects and receiving monthly payment in return for his/her contribution to the projects.
To be eligible for 2016-2017 Special Scholarship, applicants are required to meet all of the following conditions
‣ To have or to be scheduled to acquire a master’s degree before the KUT enrollment date
‣ To be 35 years old or under at the time of enrollment
‣ To have an excellent academic record and strong bachelors and master’s degrees from reputable universities
‣ To have the intention, adequate knowledge and research skill to work in one of the designated research projects
‣ To have high English proficiency.
Selection criteria for 2016-2017 Special Scholarship
‣ The submitted documents will be carefully examined in the course of the first screening. Only applicants who are successful in that screening will then be examined in such forms as an interview, an English written exam, an academic achievement written exam in the specialized field required for the conduct of the selected research project, etc.
‣ The interview and other formalities will be held at a place that will be appointed separately (The examination for the foreign applicants will be conducted hopefully in their country. However, the examination for the applicants residing in Japan will be conducted at Kochi University of Technology (KUT)).
‣ Notification will be made at the end of May, 2016
Scholarship Application Method
‣ Choose one or two research project(s) from the SSP Research Project List
‣ Complete and submit all required documents by post.
‣ Scholarship Applications are due on March 18, 2016.
‣ Application forms and guidelines can be download from the official website
‣ It is important to read the application procedure, and visit the official websites (link found below) for detailed information on how to apply for this scholarship.