Terra Foundation Research Travel Grants provide support for research on topics concerning American art and visual culture prior to 1980. These grants enable scholars outside the United States to consult resources that are only available within the United States.
School(Institutions/ Country): | USA
Level: Grants are available to doctoral students and postdoctoral and senior scholars for short-term research travel.
Field(s): Grants provide support for research on topics concerning American art and visual culture.
Deadline: January 15, 2016.
Funded By: Terra Foundation
Beneficiaries(Target Groups): 2016 Terra Foundation Research Travel Grants are targeted for international scholars (except USA).
‣ Award No: Nine to thirteen grants are awarded annually (up to 5 grants are specifically dedicated to scholars from Asia, Africa, and South America).
The 2016 Terra Foundation Research Travel Grants accepts proposals from doctoral students and postdoctoral and senior scholars outside the United States. Grant requirements:
‣ Travel should be undertaken within one calendar year after the announcement of the selection results.
‣ Final report must be submitted within three months of completion of travel. It should include a description of the travel undertaken as a result of the grant, an assessment of the research accomplished, and a financial report detailing grant expenditures.
‣ Recipients must acknowledge the support of TFAA in any publication that results from research conducted during the grant.
‣ Awards will be announced in May 2016.
Scholarship Application Method
‣ Completed application forms and all required attachments must be written in English and must be written in English and submitted by email. Please include one copy of each of the following:
‣ Scholarship Applications are due on January 15, 2016.
‣ Application forms and guidelines can be download from the official website
‣ It is important to read the application procedure, and visit the official websites (link found below) for detailed information on how to apply for this scholarship.