Apply For The Carnegie African Diaspora Fellowship For African-born Academics

Apply For The Carnegie African Diaspora Fellowship For African-born Academics

The Carnegie African Diaspora Fellowship Program (CADFP) is a scholar fellowship program for educational projects at African higher education institutions. Offered by IIE in partnership with the United States International University-Africa (USIU-Africa), the program is funded by a grant from Carnegie Corporation of New York (CCNY). In the first two years of the program, the CADFP supported 110 short-term faculty fellowships for African-born academics.

Application Deadline: Tuesday, December 8, 2015 at 12 A.M. EST.

In October 2015, additional funding was secured from CCNY to support up to 140 fellowships. The program exemplifies CCNY’s enduring commitment to higher education in Africa. IIE manages and administers the program, including applications, project requests and fellowships. USIU-Africa provides strategic direction through Dr. Paul Tiyambe Zeleza and an Advisory Council he chairs.

Eligibility:

African-born academics currently living in the United States and Canada and working in higher education.
Fellows will engage in educational projects proposed and hosted by faculty of public or private higher education institutions in the following CCNY partner countries: Ghana, Kenya, Nigeria, South Africa, Tanzania and Uganda.

For African Scholars:
Scholars must have been born in Africa, live in the United States or Canada and work in an accredited college or university in either of those two countries.
To be placed on a roster of available candidates, scholars also need to hold a terminal degree in their field and can hold any academic rank. University staff, research associates and postdocs are not eligible.
Scholars submit brief personal statements and information on their academic qualifications, disciplinary expertise and administrative experience.
A letter of reference from an administrator at the scholar’s current college or university with the position of dean or higher is required.
Candidates matched with a project receive a fellowship, to engage in an educational project at an African institution for one visit of between 14 and 90 days

For African Host Institutions

Eligible types of project activities that can be requested by the African host institution are:

curriculum co-development,
research collaboration and
graduate student mentoring and training.

Fellowships

Fellowships of two weeks to one semester (14 to 90 days) in Africa are available for Diaspora scholars.
Fellowship funding to scholars includes a daily stipend, visa costs, limited health insurance coverage, international travel, domestic travel to and from the airport in Canada or United States.
The host institution is encouraged to fund housing, meals and local transportation to and from the airport in the host country.

For More Information:

Visit the Official Webpage of the  2016 Carnegie African Diaspora Fellowship Program

1. Jerry Kebede

October 13, 2015 at 5:32 AM

Hi my name is jerry, i get my degree in software engeenering. And now i learning my second degree. If you want me 251 949667077.

2. Jerry Kebede

October 13, 2015 at 5:32 AM

Hi my name is jerry, i get my degree in software engeenering. . If you want me 251 949667077.

3. Ensa kebbeh

October 13, 2015 at 10:01 AM

Please help me because am really surfering without going to school

4. Shamshadin Kassim Omer

October 13, 2015 at 5:46 PM

My name is Shamshadin Kassim Omer. I was graduated from jigjiga university, Ethiopia by BSC of electrical & computer engineering. I need scholarship please help me to get scholarship for masters degree related to electrical & computer engineering (communication stream).please contact me by Phone Number: +251920905316 Email:shadokassim@gmail.com P.o.Box. 436 Harar,Ethiopia

5. Zakarie abdinasir

October 14, 2015 at 10:42 AM

May name zakarie abdinasir i am somali ineed to scholarship becouse i complete high school may parent have not money which to joining university please and please help me may phone number +252907359377 or email sakariye2500@gmail.com

6. kedija jemal

October 14, 2015 at 11:27 AM

Hey i am kedija jemal iam from ethiopia i need a scholarship to high school now i am 10 pleas help me to gat a scholarship My phone number is 0924955719 & my emial is karekedo11@gmail.com

7. fikru abebe

October 14, 2015 at 1:30 PM

My name is fikru abebe. I was graduated from hawassa university, Ethiopia by BSC of food science and post harvest technology. I need scholarship please help me to get scholarship for masters degree related to food science and technology, food and beverage technology,food processes engineering etc.please contact me by Phone Number: +251917100082 Email:fikruabebe14@gmail.com Addis Abeba,Ethiopia

8. Tariku Beyene

October 21, 2015 at 12:57 PM

hi iam from ethiopia.i am studing medicin at wachemo univeristy.pleas help me in giving such chance.thank u for accept.if posseble call+251928780651

9. Fedesa Haimanot Hunduma

October 24, 2015 at 10:20 AM

please give me the chance of masters

10. Zuliakah Taylor Bangura

November 19, 2015 at 8:36 PM

Am zuliakah Taylor from sierra Leone i hv finish high school but my parent cant afford to send me to university please help me.this is my mail zuliakah@gmail.com