Apply For The Mandela Magdalene College Scholarships At The University of Cambridge, 2016

The Mandela Magdalene College Scholarships were announced in March 1995 when Nelson Mandela, then President of The Republic of South Africa, agreed to lend his name to the initiative.

The scheme results from a collaboration between Mr Chris von Christierson and other benefactors, the Cambridge Trusts and Magdalene College, Cambridge.

The scholarships enable graduates from South Africa to pursue one-year taught postgraduate courses of study at the University of Cambridge in subjects relevant to the needs of South Africa.

Application Deadline: December 2nd 2015

Eligibility Requirements:

• The scheme aims to support South African graduate students of outstanding academic merit and leadership potential who would otherwise be unable to take up a place at Cambridge University.
  • The scholarships are open to citizens of South Africa, normally under the age of 35 and normally resident in South Africa who have, or expect to obtain before 1 October 2016, a first class or high second class honours degree or its equivalent from a recognised University.
  • Successful applicants will be expected to return to South Africa to work or study after completing the course at Cambridge.

Scholarship Worth:

The scholarships are means tested. The maximum award covers:

• University Composition Fee at the overseas rate

• a maintenance allowance sufficient for a single student

• a return airfare, courtesy of British Airways

Application Procedure:

• This scheme is administered on behalf of the University of Cambridge and Magdalene College by the Board of Graduate Studies (for admission to the University) and the Cambridge Trusts (for funding).
  • Further information, and application materials, are available in the University’s Graduate Studies Prospectus. All applicants for admission to the University must complete and return a GRADSAF application form to the Board of Graduate Studies; applications must be completed by 2 December 2015.

Selection :

• Applications will first be assessed by the candidate’s proposed Faculty or Department at the University. If successful, the candidate’s application will be further reviewed by the Cambridge Trusts and Magdalene College. The scholarship will be tenable from 1 October 2016.

For More Information:

Visit the Official Webpage of the 2016 Mandela Magdalene College Scholarships

1. Sisay Regassa

October 20, 2015 at 6:16 PM

hello dear. my name is Sisay Regassa. I’m from Ethiopia and I have BA degree in civic and ethical studies from Dilla university and I have interest to continue MA degree in related field, please help me. contact me via phone number +251913762851 and email sisayregasa52@gmail.com. thank you!

2. mhamed

October 21, 2015 at 9:58 AM

my is mohamed salah ali i am from somalia i have a bachelor degree of community development actually I want to continue my education and i wish that i will be part of you you will consider my request as sooner thanks once again

3. bekan kitaw

October 21, 2015 at 3:17 PM

Am bekan kitaw mekonen from Ethiopia.Am a 3rd year computer science student there in jimma university,Ethiopia.Learning computer science here in ethiopia is like simply touching mouse and keyboards togethere.I have a nice results in my university interance examination and even at the campus too.I hope if I study there in u’r university I’ll do better and become sattisfied in the field too.It’s my kind request my dear that if there is any scholarship chance there in u’r campus don’t be late in informing me.No matter in which field I will take.Here is my email address bekankitawm@gmail.com or my phone number is +251917671009.Thanks in regards!

4. abdimatiin

October 23, 2015 at 9:40 AM

Hello my Name is Abdimatiin Hussein I Live in somalia i would like to anget opportuniy to study full scholarship undergraduate scholarship please and please contact me..Abdimatiin09@out­look.com

5. dibaba gurmu

October 29, 2015 at 7:57 AM

u can contact me by 0924076286. am so voluntry to study this scholarship opportunities i have frist degree in nursing email dibabagurmu@gmail.com

6. maslax

November 2, 2015 at 10:54 AM

i am from Somalia and need schoolarship, please cantact me at: mudane148@gmail.com or 00252615578518

7. Moktar mohamed yonis

December 5, 2015 at 12:05 PM

Iam bachelor of science Bsc(Biology and chemistry at amoud university , somalia.if i get this scholarship i will my poor people. Thanks for your help my mobile#: 0634662359

8. Yakubu

December 8, 2015 at 11:16 AM

I am yakubu Fuseini from ghana.I will getting my Bsc Meteorology Ana Climate Science next year july. Please can you inform me of any masters scholarships related to my field?

December 23, 2015 at 7:49 PM

first off all thank you this goldan chance ,my name is Aklilu Ermias from Ethiopia i have B A accounting rifft vally unversity .i want learm Master programme in relate study .finally please contact more information at my email -hambo3durame@gmail.com,my phone line 0916621325.thank you for helping .best regards!!Aklilu Ermias

10. yassin m.

December 25, 2015 at 7:22 AM

every person who is thinking look like me to want to learn more about the new things he must want to scollarship .I’m also want to learn in your university with you’re help thanks for accept. my address in Ethiopia gmail http://www.yassaman07@gmail.com phone number 251919442887

11. Yohanis Elias

December 26, 2015 at 10:27 PM

Hi Dear My Name Is Yohanis Elias I Gradueted From Hawasa University Department Of Governance And Development Studies , Now I Would Like To Engage In This Chance. Thank U!

12. Ewnetu Tegegn

January 3, 2016 at 2:37 PM

I am a BA Degree holder in Accounting, I would be happy if I get the chance to join your Institution. Inform me please…