Ontario Graduate Scholarship (OGS) For Canadians & Foreign Students In Canada, 2016

Applications are invited for Ontario Graduate Scholarship (OGS) Program from Canadian citizen, Permanent Resident, or Protected Person and international students who are studying in Ontario with a student study permit. The value of scholarship is $5,000 per term up to a maximum of $15,000 per academic year. Each OGS award is issued for a minimum of one academic year (i.e., two consecutive academic terms) and a maximum of two years (i.e., six consecutive academic terms). OGS is a merit-based scholarship. Each participating school has its own unique OGS application and deadlines vary by school.

Study Subject(s): Scholarships are awarded in all disciplines of academic study.
Course Level:
Scholarships are available to graduate students (master’s or doctoral levels) attending participating schools (Brock University; Carleton University; University of Guelph; Lakehead University; Laurentian University; McMaster University; Nipissing University: OCAD University; University of Ontario Institute of Technology; University of Ottawa; Queen’s University; Ryerson University; University of Toronto; Trent University; University of Waterloo; Western University; Wilfrid Laurier University; University of Windsor and York University) in Ontario.
Scholarship Provider:
Scholarship can be taken at:
Canada

Eligibility: To be considered for an OGS, a student must be:
-A Canadian citizen, Permanent Resident, or Protected Person [under subsection 95(2) of the Immigration and Refugee Protections Act (Canada)] at the time of the OGS application deadline date.
-International students who are studying in Ontario with a student study permit under the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act (Canada) are eligible for the allotted international student award.
-Enrolled or plan to enrol in a full-time program of study at participating schools for the 2015-2016 academic year that leads to a graduate degree and is approved for operating grant purposes by the ministry.
-Enrolled in 60% or more of a full course load, or 40% or more for students with permanent disabilities.

Scholarship Open for International Students: Canadian citizen, Permanent Resident, or Protected Person and international students who are studying in Ontario with a student study permit are eligible to apply.

Scholarship Description:
The Ontario Graduate Scholarship (OGS) Program provides funding to students in graduate studies at the master’s and doctoral levels. It’s a merit-based scholarship, with awards available to graduate students attending participating schools in Ontario in all disciplines of academic study. The OGS program is jointly funded by the Province of Ontario and the university awarding the scholarship. Ontario contributes two-thirds of the value of the award and the university provides one-third. For 2015-2016, Ontario provided about $30 million towards these scholarships and participating schools provided $15 million.

Number of award(s): Not Known

Duration of award(s): Each OGS award is issued for a minimum of one academic year (i.e., two consecutive academic terms) and a maximum of two years (i.e., six consecutive academic terms). Master’s students can receive OGS awards for a maximum of 2 academic years. Doctoral students can receive OGS awards for a maximum of 4 academic years. All students are subject to a lifetime maximum of six academic years per student.

What does it cover? OGS awards are based on the number of terms your consecutive studies within an academic year:
-$10,000 for 2 consecutive terms of study
-$15,000 for 3 consecutive terms of study

Selection Criteria: OGS is a merit-based scholarship. Your application will be assessed and ranked using criteria determined by the school you’re planning to attend.

Notification: All successful applications will be notified by the school that you’ve applied to.

How to Apply: Each participating school has its own unique OGS application.

Scholarship Application Deadline: Application, document and review details for this scholarship vary by school. Check with your school’s Graduate Studies Office for deadline information.

Further Official Scholarship Information and Application

1. Zakarie abdinasir

October 14, 2015 at 10:50 AM

May name zakarie abdinasir i am somali ineed to scholarship becouse i complete high school may parent have not money which to joining university please and please help me may phone number +252907359377 or email sakariye2500@gmail.com

2. fikru abebe

October 14, 2015 at 3:26 PM

My name is fikru abebe. I was graduated from hawassa university, Ethiopia by BSC of food science and post harvest technology. I need scholarship please help me to get scholarship for masters degree related to food science and technology, food and beverage technology,food processes engineering etc.please contact me by Phone Number: +251917100082 Email:fikruabebe14@gmail.com Addis Abeba,Ethiopia

3. Shamshadin Kassim Omer

October 14, 2015 at 3:42 PM

My name is Shamshadin Kassim Omer. I was graduated from jigjiga university, Ethiopia by BSC of electrical & computer engineering. I need scholarship please help me to get scholarship for masters degree related to electrical & computer engineering (communication stream).please contact me by Phone Number: +251920905316 Email:shadokassim@gmail.com P.o.Box 436 Harar,Ethiopia

4. ibrahim

October 15, 2015 at 7:10 AM

I want to study in canada i save my life time money to have access into canada university please help me into canada schools especially ontario my number is +2348033777764

5. Abakar musa Hamed

October 26, 2015 at 4:49 PM

I need to study in Canada university

6. Wondimagegn Nigussie

October 29, 2015 at 3:26 PM

To sir/Madame, hey am wondimagegn Nigussie from Ethiopia. i have BA in Accounting with GPA 3. 72 at GC 2012. Currently i have to looking postgraduate MBA free scholarship. And also am very interested to apply in your honorable university of USA & Canada. So please help me by giving this chance. for more information please contact me via email address & Mobile. email ; wondmagegn2006@gmail. com Mobile ; (251) 912183640. p o. box 2254 Hawassa, Ethiopia.

7. Hawakoroma

November 9, 2015 at 5:33 PM

I will be higly honoured to study in canada here is my contact +23277302292

8. Zewdu Teshome

November 23, 2015 at 7:43 PM

my name is Zewdu Teshome from Ethiopia and I was graduated from Haramaya university in BSc degree of Hydraulic Engineering. Therefore, I want to study this scholarship . Please contact me by phone no 0913491005 or email zewduteshome82@gmail.com. Thank you for your kindness and I am waiting you to inform me.

9. zayid ismail

November 29, 2015 at 1:27 PM

sir/madam my name is zayid ismail from Somalia am searching this scholarship because am finished high school but I don’t have money to study university plse help me I wanna to join special Toronto university thank you too much I wish to accept me my request contact me my Email:: zayidismail@gmail.com or phone:: 252634677447 thanks

10. said nur cadde

December 11, 2015 at 7:22 AM

i am 19 yrs only and i am in somalia i would like to be your applied person if you can because i like to learn developed universities if you gave me and i graduated in high school so i have one year experience and now i didnt learn any university because i cannot that so please help me and contact with my phone as well as possible 00252907716485 or +252907610163

11. Abdirahman

December 16, 2015 at 8:54 PM

Hi every one i’m Abdirahmaan and i have studed the high school and i have finnished it a few mounths ago and still i dont a get an education beceuse of money for fee money for fee

12. samuel

December 26, 2015 at 5:02 PM

I am samuel i did my k.c.s.e but getting money to join university has been large problem.If given achance to join school again under help to canada my life will not be the same.To end i want to thank you in advance..home country is kenya phone no is 0714574872 or e-mail samuelochieng318@gmail.com

13. abdinasir Omar abdi

January 6, 2016 at 3:38 PM

Hello my name is abdinasir Omar abdi I’m from somalia I would like to get this scholarahip please someone to help me abdinasiromar0@gmail.com or +252616734997 wish you the best