Apply For £5,000 Desmond Tutu Scholarship at University of Edinburgh in UK

Scholarship (22)

University of Edinburgh is inviting applications for Desmond Tutu Masters Scholarship for Africans. The scholarship will be awarded to a student from Africa who is accepted for admission on a full-time basis for a postgraduate Master’s programme of study within the School of Divinity. The scholarship will cover the full overseas tuition fee and a maintenance allowance of £5,000. The award will be tenable for one academic year. The application deadline is 1st April 2016.

Study Subject(s): Scholarships are provided to study within the School of Divinity at University of Edinburgh.
Course Level:  Scholarships are available for pursuing master’s degree level at University of Edinburgh.
Scholarship Provider: University of Edinburgh, UK
Scholarship can be taken at:
UK

Eligibility: –The scholarship will be awarded to a student from Africa who is accepted for admission on a full-time basis for a postgraduate Master’s programme of study within the School of Divinity.
-Applicants should already have been offered a place at the University and should have firmly accepted that offer or be intending to do so.
-The scholarship will be awarded broadly on the basis of academic merit with candidates requiring a Bachelor Degree equivalent to a UK first class or 2:1 Honours degree.
-In addition to the above academic qualifications, the selection panel will also take into account the financial circumstances of applicants to ensure that as far as possible a student’s financial situation does not impede a university education.

Scholarship Open for International Students: The students of Africa (Algeria, Angola, Benin, Botswana, Burkina Faso, Burundi, Cameroon, Cape Verde, Central African Republic, Chad, Comoros, Côte d’Ivoire, Djibouti, Egypt, Equatorial Guinea, Eritrea, Ethiopia, Gabon, Gambia, Ghana, Guinea, Guinea-Bissau, Kenya, Lesotho, Liberia, Libya, Madagascar, Malawi, Mali, Mauritania, Mauritius, Morocco, Mozambique, Namibia, Niger, Nigeria, Republic of the Congo, Rwanda, Sao Tome and Principe, Senegal, Seychelles, Sierra Leone, Somalia, South Africa, Sudan, Swaziland, Tanzania, Togo, Tunisia, Uganda, Western Sahara, Zambia and Zimbabwe) can apply for this scholarship.

Scholarship Description: This scholarship was set up in 2009 to commemorate the Honorary Degree of Doctor of Divinity conferred by the University on the Most Reverend Desmond Tutu. During the graduation ceremony Archbishop Tutu spoke of the historic links between Africa and the University of Edinburgh: “Some of our first black physicians were people who had trained here and there is a long tradition that links this university with our part of the world.” The scholarship will cover the full overseas tuition fee and a maintenance allowance of £5,000. The award will be tenable for one academic year.

Number of award(s): Not Known

Duration of award(s): The award will be tenable for one academic year.

What does it cover? The scholarship will cover the full overseas tuition fee and a maintenance allowance of £5,000. The award will be tenable for one academic year.

Selection criteria: The scholarship will be awarded broadly on the basis of academic merit.

Notification: A Selection Committee will meet in May 2016 to select the scholarship holder. The winner of the scholarship will be announced by June 2016.

How to Apply: The mode of applying is online. Eligible applicants should complete an online scholarship application. All applications must be submitted no later than 1st April 2016. Please note you will not be able to access the online application form unless you have applied for admission to the University of Edinburgh and have full EASE authentication.

Online Scholarship Application

Scholarship Application Deadline: The application deadline is 1st April 2016.

Further Official Scholarship Information and Application

1. Zakarie abdinasir

November 2, 2015 at 7:11 PM

May name zakarie abdinasir i am somali i need to scholarship becouse i complete high school there fore may parent have not money which to joined university please and please help me may phone number +252907359377 or email sakariye2500@gmail.com

2. Beekan Gurmesss

November 2, 2015 at 9:12 PM

I am graduated with Bsc in hydraulic and water resource engineering from jimma university (Ethiopia) I want to apply MSC program pls help me

• Morris Taylor

November 10, 2015 at 5:18 PM

my name is Morris Taylor, I’m a Liberian, I was born December 28,1991,I graduated from high school since 2010 ,I really want to continue my education but I have no support now ,I really want your support

3. Gemechu Jebeso Morketo

November 2, 2015 at 11:13 PM

Hi! I’m Gemechu,From Ethiopia.First of all I would like to thanks u for working the advencement of knowledge overall world.This is what I also searching for.Now I have Bsc degree in wood science (forest science,plant science) with 3.74 CGPA.For the next I Want to study my Msc in related fields. I hope i may win.For please contact me by +251922042114 cell phone number.Thank you.

• tezera

November 7, 2015 at 5:55 PM

My name is Tezera Kalu from Ethiopia I have Bsc degree in urban planning and I need Msc degree in it and related field so please help me. for further information call me on this no.(2510913417556) thank you!

4. Gemechu Jebeso Morketo

November 2, 2015 at 11:15 PM

Hi! I’m Gemechu,From Ethiopia.First of all I would like to thanks u for working the advencement of knowledge overall the world.This is what I also searching for.Now I have Bsc degree in wood science (forest science,plant science) with 3.74 CGPA.For the next I Want to study my Msc in related fields. I hope i may win.For all please, contact me by +251922042114 cell phone number.Thank you.

5. mekonnen kumela

November 3, 2015 at 6:41 AM

my name is mekonnen kumela from Ethiopia.i have BA degree in statistics from haramaya university.please contact me +251919192644 or mekonnen.kum@gmail.com

6. BEREKET BALCHA LAGEBO

November 3, 2015 at 7:46 AM

IAM FROM ETHIPIA. GRADE 12.AGE 18 E.C. I WANT TO COVER SEVEN CONTINET.IAM HAPPY TO GET CHANCE .

7. teshale mengistu

November 3, 2015 at 10:31 AM

My name is teshale mengestu from ethiopia. I have BA degree in sociology from jimma university.my phone nunber 0910944757 or teshale2017@gmail.com

8. Gretta Laurielle Ntungane

November 3, 2015 at 10:38 AM

Hello my name is Gretta,I finished the high school and I am graduated. So,I would like that chance and please join me…

9. Haleluya

November 3, 2015 at 11:44 AM

Hello I am from Ethiopia I have Bsc in civil Engineering. I need Msc in structural Engineering. If it is available in your institution please help me to get the chance.

10. abdirahim

November 3, 2015 at 12:22 PM

i went scholarship

11. Alemu Adole Dedefo

November 3, 2015 at 1:28 PM

Hi,i am alemu adole from ethiopia i have a degree in Business management from Africa Beza University college god bless you for this.

12. EYOB CHURUKO

November 3, 2015 at 2:03 PM

Scholaship

13. sargaal yoorka

November 3, 2015 at 5:18 PM

hi i am abdirzak i gratuated for golden primery and secondry school and i went to join scholarship for ather people

14. sakaria ismail

November 4, 2015 at 4:48 AM

my name is zakaria ismail lam study at last level of secondary but l would like to share my brothers and my sister the knewledge and l want to get scholarship for this university b/c this university is the mosr usingfull for this world and am interesting so l requested to join this university my phone is 002520634590261 thanks for your help

15. Adane getachew

November 4, 2015 at 6:14 AM

it’s best opportunity to me i hope i will be one of u’r student. i was gratuate in 2006 e.c with BSc degree in water resource and env’tal engineering from the most famous ethiopian university of Haramaya University.

16. Amelework Tesfaye

November 4, 2015 at 10:26 AM

hello sir/Madam my name is Amelework Tesfaye. I am 28 years old. Thanks a lot for the notice you have informed me to join your scholarship, I’m from Ethiopia and I have first degree in mathematics from Dilla university and I have six years of work experience on related fields and now I am 5th years civil Engineering BSC student in hawassa university, I have interest to continue masters (post graduate) in related field, please help me and my contact address is phone :- +251912059447 or +251925545494 and my e-mail is amelework.tesfaye@yahoo.com. Thank you

17. Abebetsehay

November 4, 2015 at 8:28 PM

I would like thanks to your help for Saharan country’s’s

18. Abebetsehay

November 4, 2015 at 8:33 PM

I’m a university if your country gives a chance for scholarship I would like to follow

19. Ezekudo bryt

November 5, 2015 at 9:15 PM

pls stop updating me

20. najiib mohamed

November 8, 2015 at 9:28 AM

my name is najiib i have live in somalia i finished mugadisho university i want to make this scholarships master degree please help you thaks my email najiibmaxamed83@gmail.com or my phone is 252907448886

21. kufa kafu milo

November 8, 2015 at 10:31 AM

hello i am kufa kafu milo.i have Bsc In Water Resource&irrigation Engineering,now I Want To Apply Msc By Related Course,so Plc Help Me.My Phone Number,+251921360868

22. Thomas mutobe

November 8, 2015 at 11:16 AM

Hello am thomas from zambia.G12,Age 18…I would like to study chemical engineering

November 8, 2015 at 11:21 PM

How can I apply for am a undergraduate I wnt to apply for engineering

24. Ding Kuany Keat

November 10, 2015 at 6:47 AM

To whom it may concern. My name is Ding Kuany Keat I was born in South Sudan. am undergraduate student in food science and nutrition. Therefore I need yr participation to help me as you know that South Sudan terror it self in which there is no education. to get me Ding Kuany @gmail.com or+251932020987. yr sympathy is well appreciate it if you will accept my request. sincerely yours.

25. bikila kebena

November 10, 2015 at 11:03 AM

my name is Bikila kebena am graduated with Bsc in construction technology and management at madawalabu university in 2015. I am from Ethiopia.

26. Twene Kyeremeh Samuel

November 10, 2015 at 12:56 PM

my names Twene Kyeremeh Samuel i live in Ghana i need to get a chance in this scholarship so please kindly contact me +233540858663 or my Email : twenekyeremehsamuel@yahoo.com i hope to become i like man

27. Gidey Tsegay gebru

November 11, 2015 at 7:11 PM

Hi! I am Gidey Tsegay from Ethiopia I have Bsc degree in civil engineering from wolayta sodo university. I need to help. Me for master’s program. If you can contact me by. Gideytsegay321@gmail.com. Or 0914108631 thanks for your help

28. Kulong Thomas Dak

November 13, 2015 at 7:33 AM

Hi my name is Kulong Thomas Dak,i was born in south sudan i have finished in univesity of juba so i realy have interest in scholarship so would highly apperciate your comment so for more information contact me +211954329714.may GOD BLESS YOU.

29. Hillary mwiinga

November 13, 2015 at 9:30 PM

Hi sir/madam I am a need,I just completed my grade 12 and I need to go to the university,please help me…

30. Hillary mwiinga

November 13, 2015 at 9:32 PM

I really need your help,please.

31. MEKETE

November 27, 2015 at 8:31 PM

Hello, this is the voice of great Ethiopian boy, my name is Mekete Mulualem, FIRST I want to say I thank you. I have completed my BSc dgree in Ethiopia in DPT of Mechanical Engineering with great distiniction. I want to study in your university on related field of study. PLEASE I am looking for you, contact me meketemulualem@gmail.com

December 3, 2015 at 1:43 PM

I can’t access to the link to sign up to the application. the link only shows sign in please try to fix it sooner

33. dear my name is ebrahim .from ethiopia.I have Bsc degree in electrical and computer engineering from jimma university. i need to study Msc if i get the chanec from your university.please contact me phone no +2519856132. i an from ethiopia

December 4, 2015 at 8:24 PM

i an interested to study Msc please contacet me

34. HABUMUGISHA Jean Marie Vianney

December 5, 2015 at 7:54 AM

Hi dear i am Habumugisha Jean Marie Vianney from Rwanda i would like to request you a scholarship, i have finished secondary school but i lose school fees, please i need your help thanks be blessed contact:250782766186/250728083741

35. abdihalim salad

December 15, 2015 at 11:34 AM

my name is abdihalim salad yussuf i am somali i need scholarship my country are poor and also my parent then can’t joint to the university my number 00252907739865

36. Shamshadin Kassim Omer

December 24, 2015 at 6:12 PM

My name is Shamshadin Kassim Omer. I was graduated from jigjiga university, Ethiopia by BSC of electrical & computer engineering. I need scholarship please help me to get scholarship for masters degree related to electrical & computer engineering (communication stream).please contact me by Phone Number +251920905316 Email:shadokassim@gmail.com P.o.Box 436 Harar,Ethiopia

37. abdi kani

December 26, 2015 at 8:21 PM

my name is abdi kani I am somali sool region specially taleh district I have graduated jeerin secondary school now I’m in sudan yet i didn’t get a university please help me in order to continue my education contact me this phone 00249993357713 thank u

38. mohamed abdiaziz ali

January 3, 2016 at 2:04 PM

my name mohamed abdiaziz ali i’m somali ineed to scholarship becouse i complete alwaxa high school i went to make this scholarship master and degree or phd please help me becouse my parent have not money and family is poor please help me my phone number 252907983704 or email muslim1295@nokiamail.com

39. samuel yeshitla haylemaryam

January 7, 2016 at 4:03 PM

first of all I would like to say thankyou for this chance! myvname is samuel yeshitla am from Ethiopia I have BA degree in business management from diredawa university &now am work in united school in assistance director position & olso now am first year hospitality&tourism management student in s.marry university in extension program . when you think I have an ability I have abig interest to join this scolar thanks for all!!! phone no 912 461247