Apply For Global Challenges Scholarship Program (GCFP) in Germany, 2016-2017

Transparency International School on Integrity (TISI),Vilnus, Lithuania- Scholarships, 2016

The Volkswagen Foundation is supporting Global Challenges Fellowship to conduct research for journal articles and/or policy papers and participate in a series of small working group discussions and seminars. Applicants must hold an academic degree (master’s, PhD or equivalent) in the social sciences, humanities and/or law. The application deadline is November 23, 2015.

Study Subject(s): Fellows will work within one of the following focal research areas: Peace & security, Humanitarian assistance & human rights.
Course Level: Fellows conduct research for journal articles and/or policy papers and participate in a series of small working group discussions and seminars.
Scholarship Provider: Volkswagen Foundation
Scholarship can be taken at:
Germany

Eligibility: –Applicants (in particular those working in the field of public policy) from Brazil, China, India, Indonesia, Iran, Mexico, Nigeria, South Africa and Turkey are eligible to apply. Applicants must be residents of these countries at the time of application.
-Applicants must hold an academic degree (master’s, PhD or equivalent) in the social sciences, humanities and/or law.
-Applicants must have at least three years of demonstrated professional experience at the time of application. Those with at least 15 years of demonstrated policy-making experience or seven years of experience since earning their PhDs will be considered for the senior fellowship. Other applicants will be considered for the junior fellowship. Please indicate and substantiate your request to be considered for a senior fellowship in your cover letter.
-Applicants must be able to communicate fluently (speaking and writing) in English, the working language of the program.
-Applicants must have a demonstrated record of policy engagement and submit an innovative research proposal.
-Full-time CEU employees and graduates are ineligible to apply within six years of the completion of their studies or contracts (i.e., degrees must have been received and contracts must have ended no later than December 31, 2009). Part-time or temporary employees of CEU are ineligible within three years of the completion of their contracts (i.e., contracts must have ended no later than December 31, 2012).

Scholarship Open for International Students: Researchers from Brazil, China, India, Indonesia, Iran, Mexico, Nigeria, South Africa and Turkey are eligible to apply for this Germany Fellowship Program.

Scholarship Description: The School of Public Policy (SPP) and the Institute for Advanced Study at Central European University (CEU IAS) in Budapest, and the Global Public Policy Institute (GPPi) in Berlin invite applications from outstanding researchers from nine countries (Brazil, China, India, Indonesia, Iran, Mexico, Nigeria, South Africa, Turkey) to participate in the Global Challenges Fellowship program for the 2016–17 academic year. This unique collaborative program seeks to bridge policy theory and practice to generate mutually beneficial and groundbreaking exchanges between the two areas. The goal is to encourage fresh perspectives on some of the most pressing global public policy challenges by forging closer ties between policy practitioners and academics from Europe and outside the “established West.”

Number of award(s): Not Known

Duration of award(s): The maximum fellowship period is eight months. Fellows will spend about 75% of their time at SPP and CEU IAS in Budapest and 25% at GPPi in Berlin. Applications for shorter stays (a minimum of four months in Budapest) will be considered only in exceptional cases. If following the standard schedule, fellows will arrive on October 1, 2016, and stay in Budapest until March 30, 2017, when they move to Berlin for a two-month stay, until May 30, 2017. The fellowship is not renewable and cannot be extended.

What does it cover? Fellows receive an allowance for accommodation in Budapest and Berlin as well as a monthly stipend. Fellows are expected to reside in Budapest and Berlin during their fellowship, pursue their research agendas and participate in the intellectual life of SPP and CEU IAS. Senior fellows will receive a net monthly stipend of 2,500 Euros for the duration of the program to help support their stay in Budapest and Berlin. Junior fellows will receive a net monthly stipend of 1,500 Euros. In addition, all fellows will receive a housing allowance for their stays in Budapest and Berlin. Fellows also receive limited funds (up to 2,000 Euros) for travel to and from their home country and between Budapest and Berlin, as well as health insurance coverage.

Selection criteria: Fellows will be chosen by a selection committee with representatives from the three program partners. The selection process will include interviews with shortlisted candidates. The committee will consider primarily the quality of the research proposal, publication record, research agenda, relevance and feasibility of the proposed project, record of policy engagement and proficiency in the English language.

Notification: Applicants will be notified when their applications have been received and when the evaluation process has been completed. We will not share reviews with applicants.

How to Apply: Fellowship applications must be submitted online as detailed below.
-Step 1: Register at this website
-Step 2: After registration, you will receive a password. You need this password in order to complete the application form and upload the required documents in PDF format to this website

Scholarship Application Deadline: The application deadline is November 23, 2015.

Further Official Scholarship Information and Application

1. teshale mengistu

November 3, 2015 at 10:50 AM

My name is Teshale Mengistu from Ethiopia. I have BA degree in sociology from jimma university.please contact me 0910944757 or teshale2017@gmail,com

2. mahamed kassim ali

November 3, 2015 at 6:29 PM

my name is mohamed kassim i have bba degree in social study from psu univerity in garowe somalia good lucky contact me oo2520907754367 or moha.qasim@gmail.com

3. Wonzachin Seid

November 3, 2015 at 6:55 PM

My name is wonzachin seid from Ethiopia. I have Bsc degree in information technology from wollo university.please contact me +251920185950 or wonzachin76@gmail.com

4. Memory Mambwe

November 4, 2015 at 3:18 PM

My names r Amorah Memory Mambwe, Zambian nd wish to study medicine under undergraduate program

5. Gadisa Tasisa

November 5, 2015 at 9:00 PM

You are on the good way

6. Gadisa Tasisa

November 5, 2015 at 9:01 PM

You are on the good way…..

7. Ngaima ndorleh

November 6, 2015 at 12:45 AM

I want to be part of this scholarship, I want to be a medical doctor. I’ m a young man of 20, years of age and I have completed my primary education. I’ m a LiBERIAN. Thanks,

8. Tarekegn

November 6, 2015 at 4:53 AM

Hello Dear Iam Tarekegn from Ethiopia i have a Bsc in elec&comp.engineering i wish this chance. Contact me 0915620188. Thanks

9. nesrudin kemal feto

November 9, 2015 at 5:48 PM

because of different of economic and oppressive problems i cannot continued my next education programme.so i need help from my fellow human.

10. Tesfu Lemma

November 9, 2015 at 7:12 PM

If I got this chance really I am contribute specially The problem related to the global, Like climate change, degradation of resources, which its degradation threats human life in future and also wild life which human being life depend on it. so please I want to study Msc degree related to NRM . so pick me and make me to study more let me contribute some thing to the word within my life. thank you

11. Ding Kuany Keat

November 10, 2015 at 6:32 AM

To whom it may concern. my name is Ding Kuany Keat I was born in south Sudan therefore I have keen interested to join yr university as it was appreciate by many friends. to get me this is Ding Kuany @gmail.com or Ding Kuany Keat current number is+251932020987. Yr sympathy is much appreciate if you will accept my request.

12. bashiir

November 10, 2015 at 11:57 AM

my name is bashiir I, am somali citizen with degree degree of development studies, I have very strong interest to this scholarship for more details contact me 252907787017 or bashir -133@gmail.com

13. Neway Shawul Tessema

November 10, 2015 at 1:10 PM

My name is Neway Shawul, I am from Ethiopia i have BA degree in Economics from haromaya university . I have great interest to learn in your university if you give a chance please contact through my email adders yawen.shawul@gmail.com.

14. Noel Ezekiel

November 12, 2015 at 1:04 PM

My name is NOEL EZEKIEL,I am from TANZANIA i have degree in accounting from university of Arusha., I have very strong interest to this scholarship for more details contact me +255767907780 OR ezekielnoel093@gmail.com

15. DARTEY Tété Aimé

November 13, 2015 at 1:45 AM

I am DARTEY Tété Aimé.i will be pleased to be part of you by scolarship.

16. abdalla

November 15, 2015 at 7:56 AM

mi name is ayman i’m from somalia i have degree in public health from university mogadisho please contact me 252907681770 tnx

17. alhagie jarjusey

November 15, 2015 at 1:54 PM

hi my name is alhagie jarjusey i am seeking an opportunity to further my education my emal is alhagiejarjusey@yahoo.com or contact me on 2203734035

18. HABUMUGISHA Jean Marie Vianney

December 5, 2015 at 8:32 AM

hello dear i am Habumugisha Jean Marie Vianney from Rwanda i have finished secondary school and am full orphan so that i need your internship scholarship for your university please help me dear thanks be blessed my contact:250782766186

19. Kidan nguse

December 17, 2015 at 8:01 PM

Dear,Mr/Madam my name is Kidan Nguse /female/,my profession is Bsc NURSE from Ethiopian unversitiy Aksum and my cGPA is 3.32 and i need your help please help me i need upgraed/special/ my knoledge and skill inorder to suport the comunity. My history is very dager ,b/se my familly is unillutret so i am exposed to under age marrige and my education up to dgree finshe stiragly by dayly lober, i don’t have suport from any other side, so if you help me contact no_ +251914206457.

20. Tolesa Diriba Urga

December 20, 2015 at 4:04 PM

my name is TOLESA DIRIBA URGA and I am graduated from Adama science and technology university in 2014/2015 by department of agribusiness and value chain management and know I work in Developmental bank of ethiopia at jimma district since knowledge does not have end I need to join my master degree please invite me my phone number 0922698437 and email address robetolegute5@gmail.com thankyou

21. abdikani

December 26, 2015 at 9:04 PM

my name is abdikani I am somali originated from sool region specially for taleh district I graduated from jeerin high school and now I’m in Sudan country yet I didn’t get a university I would like to learn about business and management please help me in order to continue the education so you can contact me at this phone 00249993357731

22. Amanuel mesfin

December 29, 2015 at 8:56 AM

I like the chance Plese help me . 0934893440

23. mohamed

January 14, 2016 at 6:01 AM

my name is mohamed I am student in Somalia I completed secondary school the last year I want to learn Engineering telecommunication please contact my email is caliyeeta@hotmail.com

24. ENATHA CYUZUZO

March 29, 2016 at 11:41 AM

my name is ENATHA CYUZUZO it is very gratfull to this opportunity please help me for contact on+250786681640 and cenathabitemboo@gmail.com kind regars,

25. ENATHA CYUZUZO