Apply Here For £20,000 Africa Scholarship at University of Dundee in UK

Scholarship (30)

The University of Dundee in partnership with Leymah Gbowee Foundation is offering Africa Scholarship to undertake a 1 year Masters degree in the academic year 2015-16 (January 2016 entry). This is a fully sponsored scholarship that includes both tuition fees and living expenses up to a total of £20,000. Applicants will be selected on the basis of their merit and potential evidenced by the information in this application. The application deadline is 13 November 2015.

Study Subject(s): Scholarship is awarded in all subjects offered by the university.
Course Level: Scholarship is available to undertake a 1 year Masters degree at the University of Dundee.
Scholarship Provider: The University of Dundee and Leymah Gbowee Foundation
Scholarship can be taken at: UK

Eligibility: Criteria for awarding the scholarship is as follows:
-The applicant must be a Liberian, Nigerian, Ghanaian country national citizen
-The applicant must be permanently resident in Liberia, Nigeria or Ghana at the time of application
-The applicant must be female
-The awards will be given to students who are undertaking a one year taught masters programme at the University of Dundee, in the academic year 2015-16 (January 2016 entry).
-Applicants should already have been offered a place at the University of Dundee and should have firmly accepted that offer or be intending to do so.

Scholarship Open for International Students: Scholarship is open to students who are currently Liberian, Nigerian or Ghanaian nationals permanently resident in these countries and are female (must be free of immigration regulations).

Scholarship Description: The University of Dundee in partnership with Leymah Gbowee Foundation offers one African female student, from Liberia, Nigeria or Ghana, the opportunity to undertake a 1 year Masters degree at the University of Dundee fully sponsored for both tuition fees and living expenses up to a total of £20,000.

Number of award(s): There is a scholarship available for female student, from Liberia, Nigeria or Ghana.

Duration of award(s): The scholarship is awarded for undertaking one year Masters degree.

What does it cover? University of Dundee fully sponsored for both tuition fees and living expenses up to a total of £20,000.

Selection Criteria: Applicants will be selected on the basis of their merit and potential evidenced by the information in this application. Preference will be given to a candidate who has shown evidence of upholding the ethos of the Gbowee Peace Foundation Africa through sustained personal growth, involvement in community development, and a strong commitment to the advancement and education of women and youth in her home country. It is recommended that the candidate provide examples or a personal narrative that highlight leadership qualities, personal fortitude, and active participation in developing meaningful opportunities which lead to the social, educational, and/or spiritual advancement of the disadvantaged.

Notification: A University of Dundee and Gbowee Peace Foundation Selection Committee will consider applications at the end of November to select the successful applicants. All applicants will be notified of the outcome of their application by end of December.

How to Apply: To complete the application process you must complete the form and submit all relevant documentation and return by email to Gillian Sharp at the University of Dundee. Please type Leymah Gbowee Scholarship in the subject area of the email (Applicants will also be required to provide proof of their African citizenship and permanent residence).

Application Form

Scholarship Application Deadline: The application deadline is 13 November 2015.

Further Official Scholarship Information and Application

1. Sa'ad Muse

December 2, 2015 at 10:33 AM

Hii my name is Sa’ad Muse I am 19 years old I am studying software engineering in first year student Jijiga university in Ethiopia if you can help me contact to Sead.Muse12@gmail.com or +25915464289

2. Abraham V.Sarnor

December 3, 2015 at 4:05 PM

I am glad to see this information. contact number 231886255247

3. HABUMUGISHA Jean Marie Vianney

December 5, 2015 at 7:48 AM

Hello i am Habumugisha Jean Marie Vianney from Rwanda I have finished secondary school but i do not continue because of poor, please i need your sponsors be blessed thanks contact:+250782766186

4. ADISU BEKELE

December 11, 2015 at 11:31 AM

my name is Adisu Bekele Defa am citizens of ethiopia and graduate from Adigrat University by economics so if you are honoured to give this chance am so intresting. contact me via email and phones +251921201633/+251974568933 and email:adisubekele2007@yahoo.com

5. abdi rahman dayr

December 15, 2015 at 9:07 AM

hello my names is abdirahman abdilahi i am somali person i was finished secondry school for 1 year ago and i want to alow this scholership becouse i need this very much plz contact me this email or my phone 252 63 3514843

6. nimco ismail

December 16, 2015 at 10:21 AM

my name is nimco ismail l granduated ITC SO I need master scholarship from university belease contact Email:nuraismail2010@gmail.com

7. mesay haileselassie

December 19, 2015 at 1:38 PM

my name is mesay haile selassie from ethiopia. Ihave BED in psycology in Debermarkose University in ethiopia and I went to stydy my msc in your University. if I get these chanse contact me by my adress Mesay085@gmail.com.and my phone 251918088569

8. Johnstone Chotwe

December 22, 2015 at 7:53 AM

As it is ‘education is the key to sucess’ i for one seek scholarship to get educated because i barely can afford to pay. Both my parents retired when i was in my 8th grade. My dream is to see to it that i also take care of my parents and that can only happen if i get the best education. Your consideration will be highly appreciated

9. Gadore Abera sebicho

December 24, 2015 at 9:15 AM

Hi My name is gadore abera sebicho from ethiopia&2nd year applied mathmatics student at wachamo university&i intersteding your scholarship please contact at this phone +251916729462

10. abdi rahman dayr

December 24, 2015 at 3:50 PM

my name is abdirahma i am somali i finished my secondry school and i want this scholarship plz alow me this thanks all of u

11. abdi kani

December 26, 2015 at 7:52 PM

my name is abdikani I am somali sool region specially taleh district I have gratuated jeerin secondary school yet I don’t get university now iam in sudan help me my phone is 00249993357731

12. AMARASON JGRR ROGERS

December 27, 2015 at 4:35 PM

I WOULD LIKE TO APPLY

13. anteneh dessie

December 28, 2015 at 4:27 PM

dear sir/madam my name is anteneh dessie i grajuate arbaminch unversity in dep’t of meteorology&hydrology in 2007Ec.and also ma qualification is BSC.Powering my future weather,climate &water for the sustinable enviroment.. i whould like to u scholar chances..please call +251926675858…

14. Henok dender

December 30, 2015 at 9:00 PM

ello my names is henok dender i am from ethiopia i finished preparatory(high school) i want to apply this scholership pls contact my phone no +251910641051

December 31, 2015 at 8:42 AM

my name is feyisa debele from ethiopia.i hold BA degree in management from jimma universtiy in 2015.i need learn masters in sny business filed.so please contact me by email feyisadebele5@gmail.com or +251924945350

16. hayaat yusuf

January 1, 2016 at 3:36 PM

my names hayaat yusuf adem from somalia awant the scholarship iwant to intereated this for oppurtunity plze contact me my phone number 252907699997 thnk you

17. abdi

January 4, 2016 at 8:56 PM

hiegh salutation my names abdi i am from somalia but at the this moment i am in djibouti i would love too much to get scholarship so help me for getting this opportunity thanks for your offerring

18. abdi

January 4, 2016 at 8:58 PM

i am sorry forgetting my address my phone number is 0025377717637 my email abdirahman789@hotmail.com

19. abdiqani hussein abdulaahi

January 6, 2016 at 5:07 PM

This is abdiqani hussein from somalia. aim 20years . 252907621737 is my phone and abduqani123@gmail.com ismy email please help me. thank you foryour wholeness&kindness

20. Jemal Kadu

January 6, 2016 at 7:36 PM

Hello Dear Sir/madaam,my name is Jemal Kadu from the Ethiopia.I was graduated from Ambo University by BSC in Horticulture.please help me. phone: 0922093185 email: kadujemal@gmail.com

21. salim k sillah