Julius Nyerere Master’s Scholarship at University of Edinburgh in UK, 2016-2017

Scholarship (10)

The University of Edinburgh will award a Julius Nyerere Master’s Scholarship scholarship Tanzanian student undertaking postgraduate Master’s study for the 2016-2017 academic session. The scholarship will cover the full overseas tuition fee, living costs of £10,000, and a return flight from Tanzania to the UK. The scholarship is tenable for one academic year. In addition to their studies, the successful applicant will be expected to participate in Swahili language conversation tutorials. The application deadline is 1st April 2016.

Study Subject(s): Scholarship is awarded for postgraduate Master’s study in any subject offered by the University for the 2016-2017 academic session.
Course Level: Scholarship is available for pursuing master’s degree at University of Edinburgh.
Scholarship Provider: University of Edinburgh, UK
Scholarship can be taken at:
UK

Eligibility:
-The scholarships will be awarded to Tanzanian citizen who is normally resident in Tanzania, and who is accepted for admission on a full-time basis for a postgraduate Master’s programme of study at the University of Edinburgh. Applicants who already hold a degree from outside Tanzania will not be considered.
-Applicants should already have been offered a place at the University of Edinburgh and should have firmly accepted that offer or be intending to do so.

Scholarship Open for International Students: Tanzanian students can apply for this scholarship.

Scholarship Description: The University of Edinburgh will offer one scholarship to a student from Tanzania for postgraduate Master’s study in any subject offered by the University for the 2016-2017 academic session. The Julius Nyerere Scholarship was set up in 2009 in memory of Mwalimu Julius Nyerere who led Tanganyika to independence in 1961 and became the first prime minister and later president of Tanzania. Nyerere received a scholarship in 1949 to attend the University of Edinburgh where he obtained a Masters of Arts degree that saw him study courses in English, Political Economy, Social Anthropology, British History, Economic History, Constitutional Law, and Moral Philosophy.

Number of award(s): The University of Edinburgh will offer one scholarship to a student from Tanzania.

Duration of award(s): The scholarship is tenable for one academic year. In addition to their studies, the successful applicant will be expected to participate in Swahili language conversation tutorials. This will amount to no more than 20 hours for each scholar per semester.

What does it cover? The Julius Nyerere Master’s Scholarships will cover the full overseas tuition fee, living costs of £10,000, and a return flight from Tanzania to the UK.

Selection Criteria: The scholarship is awarded broadly on the basis of academic merit, with candidates requiring a Bachelors degree equivalent to a UK First Class Honours (‘First’) or Upper Division/Upper Second Class Honours (‘2:1’) degree. N.B. The Julius Nyerere Master’s Scholarship is highly competitive and only the best candidates are considered. Prospective applicants should note that, to date, in almost all cases successful candidates for the Scholarships have held a First Class Honours degree. Applicants with a 2:1 Honours degree will be considered if they can show a very strong track record of work experience relevant to their prospective degree.

Notification: A Selection Committee will meet in mid May 2016 to select the scholarship holder. The winners of the scholarships will be announced in late May 2016.

How to Apply: Eligible applicants should complete an online scholarship application. Please note you will not be able to access the online application form unless you have applied for admission to the University of Edinburgh and have full EASE authentication.

Online Application

Scholarship Application Deadline: The application deadline is 1st April 2016.

Further Official Scholarship Information and Application

1. ADISU BEKELE

November 2, 2015 at 6:19 PM

My name is Adisu Bekele Defa from Ethiopia and graduate from Adigrat university by economics in 2015 so i am so intresting when you give this chance for my master’s program in the same field of study. contact me phone:+251921201633 OR +25125832004 OR email:adisubekele33@yahoo.com OR adisubekele2007@yahoo.com

2. teshale mengistu

November 3, 2015 at 2:08 PM

My name is Teshale mengistu from Ethiopia. I have BA degree in sociology & social work from Jimma university.I want join your scholarship,please call 0910944757 or teshale2017@gmail.com

3. EMEBET BELACHEW

November 3, 2015 at 2:14 PM

My name is Emebet Belachew from Ethiopia. I have BSc degree in ECOTURISM AND BIODIVERSITY CONSERVATION FROM MADA WALABU UNIVERSITY.I want to join your scholarship,please call 0945818507 or emebetbelachew748@gmail.com

November 3, 2015 at 10:23 PM

Hi my name is, mariama j jalloh I am a guinee who was born in Sierra Leone please I need this scholarship (+224669563434)(+224620848417)

5. Mtwana Vuai Mtwana

November 4, 2015 at 4:44 AM

Hi my name is Mtwana from Zanzibar Tanzania i complete bachelor of supplies and procurement at kampala international university daresalam college can i get this scholarship

6. Abiy Befikadu Sime

November 4, 2015 at 11:42 AM

My name is Abiy Befikadu I am from Ethiopia studying pre-engineering at Bahir Dar University please give me this chance phone +251927149004

7. My name is Habtamu Kassa Abebe .I have Bsc degree Nurse at Wollo university of Ethiopia.I would like to join master program in Health department from a scholarship given.please snd feedback with 251 918498300 (0918498300) or Habtamu K18@gmail.com thanks .

November 4, 2015 at 12:04 PM

i wish ,i would like to join your scholarship program .please inform me with the above email number .thanks .

8. Gemechu Ayana

November 4, 2015 at 7:43 PM

I am Gemechu Ayana from Ethiopia.i have BA degree in educational planning & management from jimma university.i like your scholarship.please help me to register through my phone +251913854611

9. samson akele

November 5, 2015 at 10:50 PM

dear sir I am from Ethiopia my name is Samson akele I am under graduayet electrical and computer engineering student I want to study masters program please give me a chance contact me bay email shambelakele@gmail or phone +251922897465 thank you

10. Nuru mohammed

November 7, 2015 at 3:01 PM

My name is Nuru Mohammed from Ethiopia, i have MSc ( Masters ) in biology (Ecological and systematic zoology ) at wollo university .I wish, i would like to join your scholarship programme . please give me a chance contact me +251913683569 or my email .nurumohammed4@yahoo .com

11. Ding Kuany Keat

November 10, 2015 at 6:07 AM

To whom it may concern my name is Ding Kuany Keat I was born in south Sudan and I want to join your university as it was appreciate by many of my friend yr sincerely

12. seid

November 10, 2015 at 6:58 AM

Dear madam my name is seid shiferaw and I am from Ethiopia. I graduated in the field of textile engineering with high score and best performance. It is my dream to study my masters degree in Europe in related fields like material engineering,environmental engineering,industrial engineering or textile engineering. please realise my dream. WITH BEST REGARDS

13. Hudeyda Ahmed Mohammed

November 13, 2015 at 4:07 PM

Hello Dear! My name is Hudeyda Ahmed Mohammed. From Ethiopia. I have graduated level IV Marketing departement 2010 year. Also I am studing BA degree to graduate in this las year. By business manegement field from Rift Valley University. I am interesting to study Masters. Please help me to learning master programs by related feild. My contact adress +2519 25202523 or hudeydaa@gmail.com.

14. Binta Yaffa

November 14, 2015 at 9:04 AM

hello sir/madam, my name is Binta Yaffa from The Gambia, the smiling coast of Africa, i am a graduate and i want to further my education, i am very much interested in your scholarship, i want to study in your university, can u please take me; my number is +2203586930/ +2207207832, THANKS

15. midega temesgen

November 14, 2015 at 8:31 PM

hello everybody im midega temesgen from oromia ethiopia.im a BA degree holder in economics. again if u support me i will continue my educ. thank u for ur response. contact me 0920840941.

16. sirgota hamid

November 14, 2015 at 9:27 PM

hi/dir I’m sirgota hamid from Ethiopia. I graduate BA degree in constraction tecknology and manegment. I’m very interested in your scholership, so help me to stedy master degree in constraction technology and management or archtecture. thank you for giving these chance. contact me by email sirgotahamid11@gmail.com or phone no +251921379444

17. Gemechis Adula

November 15, 2015 at 1:45 PM

I want to follow postgraduate by your sponsorship opportunity. I have 1st degree by water supply & environmental engineering & want to upgrade by any related engineering department. Please I wait your response by mail address above. Thank you so much.

December 8, 2015 at 12:08 PM

Hello sir/madam my name is samrawit dagnaw I am from Ethiopia I am graguate for economics from samara universty I interested continu realated field masters degree pleas help me for this chance pleas call me now +251937116070/+251920063336

19. Jiregna Fikadu Wake

December 12, 2015 at 10:00 PM

Hi my name is Jiregna Fikadu Wake from Ethiopia. I have Bsc Degree in Environmental Health from Jimma University,Ethiopia and my GPA is 3.09. I am interested in this scholarship offer. contact me with phone, 0922630694 or with e-mail: Yosbekan.fikadu@gmail.com

20. abdihalim salad

December 15, 2015 at 11:45 AM

my names abdihalim salad i graduate fucalty of commerce and management i need to prepare master if u give me this good chance my email is abdihalim1994@GMail.com and my numper 00252907739865

21. Tolesa Diriba Urga

December 20, 2015 at 3:42 PM

my name is TOLESA DIRIBA URGA and I am from Ethiopia . and I am graduated by department of agribusiness and value chain management 2014/2015 G.C and know I work in Developmental bank of ethiopia at jimma district since knowledge does not have end I need to join Julius Nyerere scholarship university of Edin burgh please invite me. my phone number 0922698437 and email address robetolegute5@gmail.com thankyou

22. siyad Ibrahim ali

January 3, 2016 at 6:29 PM

my names siyad ibrahim i was grafuated last in BSc of animal science and range land and i want to study master program. i hope reply for me postive and consider my request.. for further information please don’t hesistate to contact me…. ……………seeuibrahim@gmail.com phone +251915640655 and+251916382172

23. Golicha Doko

January 24, 2016 at 8:59 AM

My name is Golicha Doko I was 3rd years biology student at wolaita sodo University. iam really to study your scholarships. so contact me by this numbers. 0925675795 or Golicha2015@gmail.com