Application Deadline: Sunday 10th January 2016, at 11:59pm, French time.
The Kuwait Program at Sciences Po is a partnership between Sciences Po and the Kuwait Foundation for the Advancement of Sciences (KFAS). Working together, the two institutions are supporting research and teaching of excellence in the social sciences and the humanities with special emphasis on the study of the Arab World and the Gulf Region.
The Kuwait Program expands its Excellence Scholarship flagship program which was first established in 2013. Building on this success, scholarships are now offered to an even larger group of incoming students, enrolled in a Master program at Sciences Po.
The KSP Excellence Scholarship for Least Developed Countries is directed to outstanding students, covering full tuition. The current call for applications is dedicated to students admitted at the Master level at Sciences Po, in any field of study.
Eligibility to apply Nationals from Least Developed Countries may apply:
Afghanistan, Angola, Bangladesh, Benin, Bhutan, Burkina Faso, Burundi, Cambodia, Central African Republic, Chad, Comoros, Democratic Republic of the Congo, Djibouti, Equatorial Guinea, Eritrea, Ethiopia, Gambia, Guinea, Guinea-Bissau, Haiti, Kiribati, Lao People’s Democratic Republic, Lesotho, Liberia, Madagascar, Malawi, Mali, Mauritania, Mozambique, Myanmar, Nepal, Niger, Rwanda, Sao Tome and Principe, Senegal, Sierra Leone, Solomon Islands, Somalia, South Sudan, Sudan, Timor-Leste, Togo, Tuvalu, Uganda, United Republic of Tanzania, Vanuatu, Yemen, Zambia.
- Please note that the Kuwait Program also offers scholarship opportunities for students holding other nationalities: visit the official website for more details.
- Applicants must have completed their undergraduate studies in one of the above-mentioned Least Developed Countries.
- Applicants must have already submitted a full application to Sciences Po for the 2016 intake through the Sciences Po Admissions Portal (including all supporting documents and references).
- Students applying to any one of Sciences Po’s master programs are eligible (one-year master programs as well as two-year master programs).
- Students applying to a dual degree program are not eligible.
- Multiple scholarships will be awarded on a competitive basis in 2016-2017 to the best candidates based on their academic record and their project at Sciences Po.
- The KSP Excellence Scholarship is offered for the entire length of study at Sciences Po on condi-tion of sufficient academic performance (top 50% of the class).
- Students who do not meet this requirement will have their scholarship withdrawn.
Two-year master programs:
- Each recipient is awarded full tuition each year.
- In principle, the scholarship is offered for both years of study. Students enrolled on this program must show sufficient academic performance over the course of the first year or their scholarship will be withdrawn in the second year.
One-year master programs:
- Each recipient is awarded full tuition. In principle, the scholarship is offered for one year. Students enrolled on this program must show sufficient academic performance during the first semester or their scholarship will be withdrawn in the second semester.
- The scholarship is dependent on the awardees completing their course of study at Sciences Po.
- A change in master program will lead to the withdrawal of the scholarship. Please note that the scholarship is offered for students beginning their studies in September 2016 and may not be deferred.
- To apply, please send the following materials by email to firstname.lastname@example.org with ‘KSP Excellence Scholarship LDC Application 2016’ in the subject line.
- CV in English Cover letter in English of 1000 words (indicating which master program at Sciences Po you are applying for) addressed to the members of the joint selection committee, Copy of passport Completed and signed release form
- A joint selection committee will review all eligible scholarship applications
- The deadline to apply is Sunday 10th January 2016, at 11:59pm, French time.
- Students are encouraged to apply as early as possible.
- The 2016 Sciences Po admissions campaign begins in October 2015.
- Results will be announced by mid-March 2016.
For More Information:
Visit the Official Webpage of the KSP Excellence Scholarship for Least Developed Countries