2016 Mobility Grants for Students From African Universities to Study In Switzerland

The North South Cooperation of the University of Zurich (UZH), in collaboration with the Oeuvre St.-Justin Fribourg, invites applications for mobility grants for three students from African universities for the academic year 2016-2017. Scholarship can be taken at University of Zurich, Switzerland

The University of Zurich (UZH) aims to enhance cooperation with African universities by fostering partnerships in the fields of research, education, and building institutional capacity. Grants are awarded for research programme. Grants are available to learn any of the courses offered by the university.

Worth of Award

The grant covers the following costs:
-Travel expenses up to CHF 1,500 for a flight to and from Switzerland
-Up to CHF 400 per semester for German language classes at UZH
-Monthly allowance for living costs, study materials, and insurance:
-For students in a Master’s degree program: CHF 1400 (CHF 900 granted by the UZH North-South Cooperation; CHF 500 granted by the Oeuvre St.-Justin Fribourg)
-For PhD students: CHF 1700 (CHF 1200 granted by the UZH North-South Cooperation; CHF 500 granted by the Oeuvre St.-Justin Fribourg)
-Accommodations and breakfast are offered free of charge at Justinus Haus Zürich
-Please note: If the grant holder leaves Switzerland more than ten days before the end date of the mobility grant, the monthly allowance will be paid pro rata (e.g. if the grant holder leaves 3 weeks early, the last grant installment will only cover ¼ month).

Applicants can apply for this grant if they fulfill the given criteria:
The main applicant must be a full professor at UZH.
-The mobility student must be enrolled as a master’s degree student or PhD student at an African institution of higher education and research during the planned stay at UZH.
-Contacts must already be established between the institute of the supervising UZH professor and the mobility student’s home institution.

• Mobility students from African universities are eligible to apply for mobility grants.

How to Apply

Applications must be submitted by an UZH professors. Incomplete applications and applications handed in directly by mobility students will not be considered. Please submit the completed application form and all required documents to the Coordinator North-South.

Evaluation Criteria

• Supervising UZH professor’s interest in collaborating with the mobility student’s home institution
  • Academic achievement of the mobility student
  • Motivation of the mobility student in choosing UZH
  • Compatibility of the mobility student’s research project and/or study plan with the activities of the host institute

Report: At the latest three weeks before the end of the mobility grant, the grant recipient and the supervising professor must submit a final report to the Coordination Center North-South. The last installment of the grant will only be paid after receiving the final report.

Deadline: Applications for the academic year 2016/17 must be submitted by 15 February 2016 at the Coordination Center North South. The decision on awarding the grants will be announced by 4 April 2016.

Click here for more details and to apply

1. Gemeda Wakjira

January 13, 2016 at 4:56 PM

Heloo, I am Gemeda Wakjira from Adisa Ababa Ethiopia. I have BA degree in Business Management. I want to study masters programme in Masters of Business Administration /MBA/. Please, contact me through adress below. Thank You! Email: buneewakjira@gmail.com

2. Jennifer A. Acheampomaa

January 14, 2016 at 2:44 AM

hi am from Ghana I had my west africa examination certificate last year but my mum is a poor widow who cant help me further my education so I wants you to help me

3. Wondwosen Kebede

January 15, 2016 at 8:01 AM

sir/madam I am Wondwosen Kebede From Ethiopia.firstly i wanna to thank Your government ,whom endow us such golden opportunity.i have been graduated by Water Resources and Irrigation engineering recently on june 2015.i would like to proceed in Msc. Level by Irrigation engineering or related field. i have great respect and passion to Your Beloved community as we have a long aged relation with our country Ethiopia. Could You Contact Me kindly? email kebede2245@gmail.com phone +251921037345 i hope you will accept me and i also be one of your great university community. thanks With best regards

4. mohamed

January 16, 2016 at 8:09 AM

my name is mohamed I am student in Somalia I completed secondary school the last year I want to learn Engineering telecommunication please accept my request for you to improv my education I am student poor and country really I want high level education really to improv my education please accept request my email is caliyeeta@hotmail.come

5. BAKUNDUKIZE Egide Prince

January 20, 2016 at 10:08 PM

Hi! My name is BAKUNDUKIZE Egide Prince, i’m from BURUNDI. Pleasy can you helpe me to give some opportunity to study there because i need the scholarship. I have the diplôme ‘s degre A2(Informatique d’opérateur). I would like to backelor’s degre. I know very well to speak Inglish and French. My adress number is +25771125851 and My E Mail Prizo_k@yahoo.fr

6. Melese Reta

January 23, 2016 at 8:28 PM

Hello sir/madam,my name is Melese Reta from Ethiopia.I was graduated from Jimma University on June 2015 in Civil Engineering with B.Sc.degree.I would like to proceed master in your University by Civil Engineering or related field.as you know am from poor country,so I cannot study master without your help and your support,please contact me kindly and allow me to be your student who study master in your University. My phone number: +251912810451 OR Email:melukoo2013@gmail.com Thank you with best regards!!

7. samuel yeshitla haylemaryam

January 24, 2016 at 8:49 PM

fitst of all I would like to say thankyou for this chance! my name is samuel yeshitla am from Ethiopia ( east africa ) I have BA degree in business management from diredawa university & now am work in united school in assistance director position & olso am first year hospitality & tourism management student in s.marrys university college in extension program. when you think I have an ability I have a big interest to join it! phone no + 251912 46 12 47. thanks for all!

8. Eshetu Azanaw

February 23, 2016 at 10:46 AM

my name is Eshetu Azanaw from Ethiopia .I have BA degree in journalism.please contact me on +251918042073 Or eshetuazanaw@yahoo.com

9. Desalegn Abera

March 1, 2016 at 2:12 PM

My name is Desalegn Abera from Ethiopia.I’m a 2nd year university student.Now i need to study my education more by medicine or engineering.So please assist me.contact me by desabera1@gmail.com or +251921206997

10. Jarmo

March 4, 2016 at 4:28 PM

I am a late bloomer as I srettad to run at the age of 51. My son, who is a marathon runner was my inspiration. I picked up a race kit for him, and was immediately struck by the community of runners , and had to join! I am now 55 and have been happily running for 4 years.My problem is my ongoing battle with injuries. I have perpetual problems with both hips and last winter I had two tears to my right meniscus. I really, really love to run, but if I’m going to be able to keep running into my 60s and 70s, I need to learn how to prevent further injuries, as well as manage my weak spots . Please, I would LOVE to win this book!!!

11. Fahad Jama Aden

June 26, 2016 at 7:46 AM

my name is fahad jama Aden i live in kenya as a Refugee i have been studying computer for 4yrs in secondary school iam now a form4 leaver i would like to study software engineering in this university.please consider my request heartedly feeling the atmosphere iam leaving in and the standard of my eduction .i would have appreciate heartedly if u consider my request. my phone number:0708307076