2016 SOAS/Sochon Foundation Scholarship for International Students To Study In UK

The Sochon Foundation invites applications for the Sochon Foundation Scholarship for UK/EU and international students undertaking a full-time post-graduate programme in Korean Studies.

SOAS, University of London is the only higher education institution in Europe specialising in the study of Asia, Africa and the near and Middle East. SOAS is a remarkable institution. Uniquely combining language scholarship, disciplinary expertise and regional focus, it has the largest concentration in Europe of academic staff concerned with Africa, Asia and the Middle East.

Worth of Award: The Sochon Foundation scholarship, valued at £7,000 in total is for tuition fees with the remainder, if any, for living costs.

Course Level: Scholarships are awarded for pursuing MA degree programme.

Eligible Course of study: Scholarships are available in Korean Studies.

• List of subjects: MA Korean Studies (one-year programme only)
  • MA Korean Literature (one-year programme only)
  • MA History of Art (students taking three units, including dissertation, in Korea-related subjects; one-year programme only)
  • MPhil/PhD Korean Studies Research (new admissions, starting in September 2016)
  • Applicants on the following programmes of study may also apply, but will not be given preference:
  • Current MPhil/PhD Korean Studies Research full time students at SOAS and
  • Students undertaking any other full time post-graduate degree related to Korean Studies.

Eligibility:

Applicants can apply for this scholarship if they meet the following:

Open to UK/EU and overseas applicants.
-Applicants must have an offer of admission to the degree programme by the scholarship application deadline.
-Applicants must meet the English language condition of their offer of admission to study at SOAS as soon as possible but no later than 1 June 2016. If applicants offer is conditional on English, they can arrange their English test and ensure they meet the English requirements as soon as possible.

How to Apply

The mode of application is online.

• Entrance Requirement: Applicants must have minimum upper second class honours degree (or equivalent).
  • English Language Requirement: In order to ensure that SOAS students have a sufficient standard of english to study effectively, the university requires overseas students to submit evidence, during the application process, of their current level of proficiency.
  • Supporting Material: In addition to the on-line scholarship application form, applicants will also need two references. Applicants can send reference form to each of their referees together with a copy of their completed scholarship application form. The reference form may be downloaded from the box at the top right from 28 January 2016.

Application Form Link

Application Deadline: Application deadline is 3rd May 2016.

January 7, 2016 at 6:32 AM

may name zakarie abdinasir i am somali need to scholarship becouse i comblete high school there fore may parent have not money which to study university please and please help me may phone number 252907359377 or email sakariye2500@gmail.com

2. najah dayib

January 7, 2016 at 11:19 AM

My name is najah dayib muhumad i live somalia specailly hargeisa and i am last year in secondry school i will finish my school june 2016 so i am really hope full to get this chance ti contibue my study . If i get this chance please contact me my phone 2520633804225.

3. Abdurahman abdulle

January 12, 2016 at 2:58 PM

may name ıs abdurahman Abdulle a,Alı ı lıve mogadıshu somalıa ı need master Degree scholarship to your university please me e-mail abdurahman3a@hotmail.com

4. Melese Reta

January 13, 2016 at 9:25 AM

Hello sir/madam my name is Melese Reta from Ethiopia.fistly I wanna toi thanks your scholarship organization for offer thisd golden opportunity.I have been graduated in Civil Engineering from Jimma University,Ethiopia with B.Sc.degree.I would like to be one of the student who attend this scholarship opportunity in the given field.contact me by phone number:+251912810451 or Email:melukoo2013@gmail.com

5. mohamed

January 15, 2016 at 2:57 PM

my name is mohamed I am student in Somalia I completed secondary school the last year I want to learn Engineering telecommunication please accept request for you to scholarship program i want to improve my education please accept request for you to come Winer oke my life is poor and country really want to improve my country really give me chance ok please contact my email is caliyeeta@hotmail.come

6. Temesgen Fekadu

January 15, 2016 at 6:15 PM

My name is Temesgen Fekadu from Ethiopia. I am graduated from Wollega University by Hydraulic &Water Resources with distiniction in 2015. So I will interesting to get your opportunity to upgrade my education level in your University. So contact me by e-mail:temefeke@gmail.com or phone number 0917845997

7. ASHENAF GALCHO

February 2, 2016 at 3:49 PM

irst of all I would like to thanks your University to give this opportunity for Developing countries. My name is Ashenaf Galcho from Ethiopia and I am 29 years old. I was graduated from Hawassa University, in 2006 E.C (2014) by MSC Degree in Rural Development and I have also 9/nine/ years’ work experiences in Bureau of Agriculture. So my dream is to take/learn/ Doctorate (Ph.D) programme in your university in any related fields like Development studies, Development Economics, Development Management & Rural development, Rural Development and family Science, International political science; if you select my application voluntary. So please help, if you need more information about me please contact with ashenaf.galcho@yahoo.com. Thanks for all!!

8. Wario Dabaso

March 1, 2016 at 9:46 AM

my name is Wario Dabaso 3rd year economics student from Ethiopia.If I get a chance I want to study at your university/college help me,please.

9. asmare nigussie

March 23, 2016 at 9:45 PM

hello,i am asmare nigussie from ethiopia,5th year civil engineering at jimma university,i am happyto have this opportunity to study masters degree ,please help me! contact me at +251926707029

10. brhane solomom feshation

May 28, 2016 at 5:41 AM

mytname is brhane solomon from Eritrea,i have BSc degree in nursing graduated in 2009,now i wont study my MSc degree in nursing or related filed,please contact me by e.mail brhane_solo94@yahoo.com

11. Ladan

July 26, 2016 at 3:28 PM

Hi my names ladan abdirahman am from somalia i finished the secondry school and i wanna to get scholarship in university … so accept me plz my Email is {ladankhaan@gmail.com} thank u

12. Alou Tawaye Bassirou

August 15, 2016 at 2:49 PM

13. Alou Tawaye Bassirou

August 15, 2016 at 2:51 PM

Hello !!! I really enjoy study in your country . But how to get it ??? I’m nigerian ,then I’ve finished my studies of high school in 2015… Thanks for all…bye… Join me on +22791707178 I feel like to study the law if possible…