African Studies Scholarships at the African Studies Centre of the University of Oxford in UK , 2016/17

2016-17 African Studies Scholarships at the African Studies Centre of the University of Oxford in UK The African Studies Centre of the University of Oxford is proud to list the following :

Mitsui – Fully Funded, including Stipend.

Open to candidates normally resident in sub Saharan Africa

Select St Anne’s College in your application

4) Commonwealth Shared Scholarship Scheme/Ioma Evans Pritchard – Fully Funded, including Stipend – not available for 2016-17 academic year.

Be nationals of a Developing Commonwealth Country*, and not at present living or studying in a developed country.

Have not studied in a developed country for one year or more

Select St Anne’s College in your application

5) ENI – 5 x Fully Funded, including Stipend.

1) ORISHA MSc Scholarship fund: The ORISHA Fund will be able to offer two full scholarships, including stipend, for the 2016-17 academic year, to those who meet the January Deadline.

ORISHA (Oxford Research in the Scholarship and Humanities of Africa) is administered by the African Studies Committee and provides funding for postgraduate study of Africa in the Humanities.

Scholarship 1: Applicants must:

Select St Cross College as your first choice on your application form.

Scholarship 2: all colleges eligible.

2) The Eldred – Waverley Scholarship at Linacre College – Fully Funded, including Stipend.

Applicants must:

Be ordinarily resident in Sub-Saharan Africa

Intend to return to country of ordinary residents upon completion

Select Linacre College in your application

5) ENI – 5 x Fully Funded, including Stipend.

Open to candidates from Angola, Ghana, Libya, Mozambique and Nigeria Preference will be given to students from African Universities

Apply for the scholarship by filling out an application form available from St Antony’s College

Select St Antony’s College in your application

6) OCSK / St Antony’s College  – Fully Funded, including Stipend

Be ordinarily resident in Kenya

Select St Antony’s College in their application

This scholarship is managed by St Antony’s College Scholarship Committee.

7) Patrick Duncan Scholarships in Sustainable Development in southern Africa – one full scholarship

Applicants must be ordinarily resident in one of the member states of the Southern African Development Community (a list of member states is available on the South African Development Community website – link to http://www.sadc.int/member-states/), and who are applying to the full-time MSc African Studies.

Preference will be given to applicants with an interest in sustainable development in Africa, including social and economic dimensions, but especially environmental issues.

All eligible applicants will be considered for this scholarship, regardless of which college (if any) you state as your preference on the graduate application form. Successful applicants will be transferred to St Antony’s College in order to take up the scholarship.

8) Standard Bank Derek Cooper Africa Scholarships – 3x full scholarships

The scholarship is funded by the Standard Bank of South Africa Limited and is named after its longstanding former chairman, Derek Cooper.

Applicants must be ordinarily resident in one of the following countries: Angola, Botswana, Cote d’Ivoire, Democratic Republic of the Congo, Ghana, Kenya, Lesotho, Malawi, Mauritius, Mozambique, Namibia, Nigeria, South Africa, South Sudan, Swaziland, Tanzania, Uganda, Zambia or Zimbabwe. Preference will be given to nationals of Angola, Ghana, Kenya, Mozambique, Nigeria, South Africa and South Sudan.

You must also be applying to start any full-time, one-year taught master’s course within the Mathematical, Physical and Life Sciences, Social Sciences, or Humanities Divisions.

Additional Sources of Funding

Please use the Graduate Fees, Funding and Scholarships Search. Fill in your details to see exactly what you are eligible for, this might include:

For more Information about 2016-17 African Studies Scholarships

See more at:

1. belayneh demissie

January 9, 2016 at 2:13 PM

sir/madam I Am Belayneh Demissie From Ethiopia.firstly i wanna to thank Your government ,whom endow us such golden opportunity.i have been graduated by chemical engineering recently on june 2015.i would like to proceed in Msc. Level by chemical engineering or related field. i have great respect and passion to Your Beloved community as we have a long aged relation with our country Ethiopia. Could You Contact Me kindly? email Belaydemissie565@gmail.com phone +251920057943 i hope you will accept me and i also be one of your great university community. thanks With best regards

2. Jennifer A. Acheampomaa

January 9, 2016 at 2:23 PM

I had my west africa examination last year but my mum is a poor widow so I wants you to help me

3. bernard

January 9, 2016 at 5:42 PM

hello,i am burundian,25years old,i am having my studies at burundi university in psychology;happy am i to join you on this page;i wonna earnthis scholarship because my family is unable to pay fees for me eventhough i want to continue my studies;contact me on +25771323298 or on my e-mail nvianbernard@gmail.com thank you endeed

4. Brian Mokaya

January 9, 2016 at 10:46 PM

Hi,am Brian Mokaya Nyakundi from Kenya. Am 19 years old.I completed my secondary school education in 2013.I obtained a B which is equivalent to 60:percent.Unfortunately my parents were unable to raise fees for my university studies which therefore saw me not attending post secondary education. I hereby write this to politely ask for your assistance.Help me out of this by granting me a scholarship.You can reach me through this number 254711547745.Thank you.

5. Arouna

January 10, 2016 at 2:11 AM

I’m very pleased about the opportunity you give us African students! So I thank you very much! I’m Arouna from cote d’ivoire and I’m student in second year in geography at one of my country’s universities . But I’d like to get a scholarship to continue my studies in one of the European’s universities in order to improve my knowledge ! That dream count very much for me but my parents are not able to help me because of their financial situation which is bad! I really rely on you to save a dream by granting me a scholarship to permit me to extend my knowledge! I can joined on arouna38@live.fr ! the pleasure is mine and thanks too!

6. Hawo Jibril

January 10, 2016 at 8:36 PM

Hello I am very glad and thanks to you for the opportunity you provided African students my name is Hawo I live in Somalia I completed my degree of business administration relying on myself for one of my local universities but I didn’t proceed to upgrade my career of knowledge for higher than that for sake of financial limits but I ever changed my mind any moment for thinking to upgrade my career of knowledge and to be mentor the girls of my district those didn’t believe for the benefit of society for women’s knowledge but they give priority for child marriage so I sincerely request you to participate me this opportunity I am thinking to change society those women’s education is least priority which caused to them luck of health and luck of financial and security stability. Thanks in advance

7. Andrew mwaungulu

January 11, 2016 at 4:20 PM

Sir/madam thanks for this an opportunity to african people am andrew lyman from malawi age 19 Am seeking for your help to continue my education I can not afford on my on I born from poorest family in malawi & am aholder of malawi school certificate of education that i obtained on 2014, i will be very glad if my application meet ur favourable consideration for more infor;+265881437210 &+265996078910 or andymwaungulu@gmail.com

8. Zeray Weldae

January 12, 2016 at 7:52 AM

sir/madam i am Zeray Weldae from Ethiopia.first i would like thanks to you to give me this opportunity of scholarship,i have Bsc degree by Electrical&computer engineering so if you give me a chance to join in your university,i interesting to study Msc degree by Electrical&computer engineering,so please help me,you contact me by email address Zeray.ab00@gmail.com and my phone number +251919044756

9. Hamisi Kapalila

January 13, 2016 at 6:25 AM

Hi, my name is hamis kapalila from Tanzania i have compilites my diploma studies water laboratory technology 2year now, am seeking for scholatship anywhere because write now i do not have funds to develeop my Carrier, you can reach me through my namber 255(0)715428849.

10. florence muthoni

January 19, 2016 at 12:07 PM

i am looking for a scholarship…to go for further studies i am living in kenya

11. florence muthoni

January 19, 2016 at 12:11 PM

i am looking for a scholarship…to go for further studies i am living in kenya….i did my nationsl examination and got a high score…i want to pursue a career in dental surgery u can get me through +254706005915

12. Yakubu

January 19, 2016 at 2:46 PM

My name is Yakubu Fuseini from Ghana. I will a scholarship to study my masters in any field related to climate change and adaptation. I will be receiving my Bsc meteorology and climate science in July. 233248455812. I will be very greatful

13. BAKUNDUKIZE Egide Prince

January 20, 2016 at 9:51 PM

Hi! My name is BAKUNDUKIZE Egide Prince, i’m from BURUNDI. Pleasy can you helpe me to give some opportunity to study there because i need the scholarship. I have the diplôme ‘s degre A2(Informatique d’opérateur). I would like to backelor’s degre. I know very well to speak Inglish and French. My adress number is +25771125851 and My E Mail Prizo_k@yahoo.fr

January 23, 2016 at 9:38 AM

hi am beryl from kenya..a fourth year student at Egerton university taking BSC Forestry. I would like tp have your support to further this career. Looking forward for the best thank you.

15. Shibiru Taye

January 28, 2016 at 12:47 PM

sir/madam I Am SHIBIRU TAYE From Ethiopia.firstly i wanna to thank Your government ,whom endow us such golden opportunity.i have been graduated by Accounting in Diploma and I am continuing my my training BA degree in accounting .I am graduated in 2017(for the coming )year .i would like to proceed in MA. Level by Accounting or related field. i have great respect and passion to Your Beloved community as we have a long aged relation with our country Ethiopia. Could You Contact Me kindly? email shibirutaye@gmail.com phone +251923792351 i hope you will accept me and i also be one of your great university community. thanks With best regards

16. Daniel Berhe

January 28, 2016 at 8:41 PM

Hello my name is Daniel Berhe and I am from Ethiopia and also I want to study helth science joining at your university. so please help me and call me 251914000233 Thank you before every things !!!

17. Desalegn Abera

January 28, 2016 at 9:26 PM

First of all i would like say thanks for all of you who prepare this unique opportunity for alower income family students.next my name is Desalegn Abera From Ethiopia I Want To Medicine Learn In One Of The Uk University ,please Contact Me Kindly!!!Phone +251921206997 Or desabera1@gmail.com.I Hope You 100% To Support Me!!!

18. Desalegn Abera

January 28, 2016 at 9:35 PM

MY NAME IS DESALEGN ABERA FROM ETHIOPIA I WANT TO LEARN MEDICINE PLEASE CONTACT ME WITH ONE OF THE UNEVRSITY OF UK.+251921206997 or desabera1@gmail.com

19. Bridgestone

January 30, 2016 at 5:23 PM

Thank you so much for this help.i will be glad if i am offered a schorlarship to do my masters in reproductive health. i am from Ghana jakpakpo@gmail.com

20. keji Suzan

January 31, 2016 at 11:05 AM

Am a South Sudanese currently perusing a degree in International relations and diplomacy a nd hopefully will graduate this year. I will be so grateful if my dreams of futhering my education to the next level by your humbled university and this opportunity to make a change in my country. Thanks and be blessed

21. Keleng Seala

January 31, 2016 at 10:15 PM

I am Seala from Lesotho, I am aged 18 and I want to pursue my studies in Europe and I am currently not attending any college because my family has no money to further my studies. I have passed LGCSE very well and for more information contact me at +26657105111

22. Keleng Seala

January 31, 2016 at 10:36 PM

I am Seala from Lesotho and I am seeking your scholarship to study in Europe. I am currently not studying right now due to lack of money but I have obtained very good results in LGCSE For more information please contact +26657105111

23. Frazer banda k

February 1, 2016 at 4:48 AM

Am a senior high school certficate holder from malawi i want to go further with my education with your aid

24. melsewnibret

February 3, 2016 at 6:59 AM

Hello dear, I want to greating you for giving this chance. My name is melsew nibret from Ethiopia at university of Gondar. My gmail is melsewnibret@gmail.com my phone no. Is 251934658293

25. Hussein Rashid

February 14, 2016 at 2:30 AM

my name is Hussein Rashid from Tanzania, i am 19 am seeking for scholarship to study in China. currently am not study yet because I don’t have parents or anyone who are able to pay my school fees. can you help me guys.

26. tsegaye udesa

February 20, 2016 at 9:24 AM

tsegaye udesa says: I’m very pleased about the opportunity you give us African students! So I thank you very much! I’m tsegaye udesa from Ethiopia and I’m graduated in animal production and Extension at one of my country’s universities called Gondar universities. But I’d like to get a scholarship to continue my studies in one of the European’s universities in order to upgrade Msc degree by animal production and Extension and related field! That dream count very much for me but my parents are not able to help me because of their financial situation which is bad! I really rely on you to save a dream by granting me a scholarship to permit me to extend my knowledge! I can joined on tsegayeudesa76@gmail.com, and my phone no. +251926240497! the pleasure is mine and thanks too!

27. Eshetu Azanaw

February 25, 2016 at 6:16 AM

Hi dear,my name is Eshetu Azanaw from Ethiopia.I have BA degree in journalism,so i am happy if i get MA chance in humanites.please contact me on +251918042073 or eshetuazanaw@yahoo.com

28. abdifatah sulieman du alle

February 25, 2016 at 7:05 PM

hi my names abdifatah sulieman du alle I live in Somalia and I am Somalian I want to get these scholarship because I very very need so I want to be doctor specially getting medicine because my country in Somalia very very need the doctors so the country in Somalia is a country that not exist the stable I am is a country unstable and you countinue the wars so you need doctors that’s have higher education and experience that education gives the development countries specially the country of uk because the country of uk is a country that help the students they your countries continues the wars and unstable condition so the country of uk is a country that called ia a helper country so I very hope to apply my admission and consider my condition please and please they give me the chance please I waiting you

29. Am south sudaness the poor country we don't have good school , food and etc .may i have consideration then i will be happy if you give that chance

March 16, 2016 at 9:29 AM

Many thanks to you if you are going consider me

30. Gomoro deresa

March 17, 2016 at 5:16 AM

first of i like to say thanks for giving such like opportunities.my name is gomoro deresa i have Bsc by animal science now iwant to join myMsc with animal breeding please can you help me by this golden chance ?if you are interested please contact me through my email gomorodh12@gmail.com and phone 251931519115 i am ethiopian

31. asmare nigussie

March 23, 2016 at 5:10 PM

hello,i am 5th year civl engineering,at jimma university in Ethiopia,i am happy to apply this scholarship study,please give me a chance,i am poor in background,contact me@ 251926707029

32. Wario Dabaso

March 23, 2016 at 9:54 PM

My name is Wario Dabaso third year economics student from Ethiopia.If i get a chance i want to study at your university. please, help me.contact by this address:email:wariodb@gmail.com or phone no +251935909824

33. balemual abebaw

April 6, 2016 at 5:13 AM

i am balemual abebaw from ethiopia. i am docter of vet.medicine from UOG with goog GPA. i am very glad if you give me master in your universty. please contact me 0931758018 or 0918150354

34. setegn chekile

April 6, 2016 at 12:23 PM

my Name Is Setegn Chekile I Am An Ethiopian And Learn From This Unvesity Engineering Of Construction Technology And Management And My Phone Contact Is 251918569512

35. farhia

April 12, 2016 at 7:14 PM

hello i farhia from somali student i very interesting scholatship progtming i finshed school before four year ago now i dont lear any thing contac me 252907302382 thank u

36. kiixa dismus

May 20, 2016 at 1:46 PM

sir/madam,am Dismus from uganda i have diploma in building and civil engineering from technical instituition ,and i am not having hope for more ,due to luck of funds from day i lost my father,i would like submitt my request for sponsership

37. brhane solomom feshation

May 31, 2016 at 6:16 AM

i am graduated in BSc degree in nursing(BSN),now i wont to sudy MSc in your universty pleas contact me e.mail brhane_solo94@yahoo.com

38. Fahad Jama Aden

June 26, 2016 at 7:57 AM

Dear sir/madam my name is fahad jama Aden i live in kenya as a Refugee i have completed secondary level in education i would like to study software engineering in this university.i have been studying computer for 4yrs in high school. please consider my request as i would also appreciate back to u. my phone no:0708307076

39. Abebaw

July 27, 2016 at 9:26 AM

sir/madam I Am Abebaw Defersha From Ethiopia.first I want to thank Your government ,who endows us such golden opportunity.I have been graduated by Applied biology ( BSc degree).I would like to proceed in Msc Level with related field. i have great respect and passion to Your Beloved community as we have a long aged relation with our country Ethiopia. Could You Contact Me kindly? email abebawdefersha44@gmail.com phone +251918262337. I hope you will accept me and I also be one of your great universiks With best regards

40. mesay beleta

August 8, 2016 at 12:18 PM

*I’m graduated in 2016 from one of Ethiopian university. *by Electrical &Computer engineering. My contact address; 251931150172 mesay beleta@gmail.com

41. paul nyakamba

August 18, 2016 at 8:40 PM

Am 15 A candidate At Arts section SSDs in SSD my no: s 00211956131432

42. Alou Tawaye Bassirou

September 5, 2016 at 2:01 PM

Hello !!! I’m Alou Tawaye Bassirou and I live in Niger . I really enjoy this , please join me on +22791707178 or facebook Golden bash or goldenboy300@gmail.com . Thanks

43. Nteziryayo Jean de Dieu

September 25, 2016 at 11:13 AM

Hey, I hereby write this to request for a scholarship. in fact, I hold high school diploma and i would like to continue my studies of Bacholor degree in your university if am given the chance. Thank you very much may God bless you!

44. Hodo Hassan

October 2, 2016 at 9:37 AM

my name hodo hassan igratuated high school and ilike to study oxford university plz give me scholarship email.hodoabdiahi20@gmail.com.thank you.