Chinese Government and WMO are offering new scholarships for international students to study in China. Scholarships are available for pursuing undergraduate, masters and doctoral degree programs in the Nanjing University of Information Science and Technology and the Hohai University in China.The WMO scholarship program supports undergraduate students for no more than 5 years, master students for no more than 3 years and doctoral students for no more than 4 years.
School(Institutions/ Hosting Countries): | China
Field(s): meteorology, hydrology, and water resources supervision & management in China.
Deadline: 29th January 2016
Funded By: Ministry of Education of P. R. China.
Beneficiaries(Target Groups): Chinese Government Scholarship-WMO Program is targeted for international students
‣ Award No: not specified
‣ Scholarship Duration: This program supports undergraduate students for no more than 5 years, master students for no more than 3 years, or doctoral students for no more than 4 years.
Chinese Government Scholarship—WMO Program is a scholarship established by MOE for World Meteorological Organization (WMO) to sponsor international students to study and conduct research in meteorology, hydrology, and water resources supervision & management in China.
To be eligible for Chinese Government Scholarship-WMO Program, applicants must:
‣ be a citizen of a country other than the People’s Republic of China, and be in good health;
‣ be a high school graduate under the age of 25 when applying for undergraduate programs;
‣ be a bachelor’s degree holder under the age of 35 when applying for master’s programs;
‣ be a master’s degree holder under the age of 40 when applying for doctoral programs.
‣ CSC reviews the placement results, approves the List of Scholarship Winners and sends the admission documents to WMO Secretariat before 15 June 2016.
Scholarship Application Method
‣ Apply to WMO Secretariat for CGS opportunity. It is your own responsibility to consult WMO Secretariat for details and requirements of this Program and make sure you are eligible for the scholarship.
‣ Apply to your target university for Pre-admission Letter once recommended by WMO Secretariat as an eligible candidate.
‣ Complete the online application procedure at CSC Online Application System for International Students, submit online the completed Application Form for Chinese Government Scholarship and print a hard copy. Submit all your application documents to WMO Secretariat before the deadline.
‣ Only applications of recommended candidates from WMO Secretariat will be considered. No other applications or individual application directly sent to CSC will be considered. Candidates holding Pre-admission Letter will be placed in the host university; those without Pre-admission Letter should accept CSC’s placement of university.
NOTE: You should consult WMO Secretariat for Instructions of CSC Online Application System for International Students and Agency Number.
‣ Scholarship Application Due Date: Applications should be sent to CSC by WMO before 29th January 2016.
‣ Application forms and guidelines can be download from the official website
‣ It is important to read the application procedure, and visit the official websites (link found below) for detailed information on how to apply for this scholarship.