Apply For 2016 Danish Government Scholarships For International Undergraduate Students

Danish Government Scholarships

Each year the University College of Northern Denmark (UCN) applies a number of scholarship places for non-EU citizens who are enrolled on a study programme at UCN.

These scholarships, which are set by the Danish Ministry of Higher Education and Science (Danish Government Scholarships), cover part of the few successful student’s tuition fees.

Danish Government Scholarships

Course(s) Offered: Any
Course Level: Undergraduate (Bachelors)
Provider: Univ Coll of Northern Denmark
Country to Study in: Denmark

The scholarship can only be considered provided the student fulfills the below requirements:

• is a citizen of a country outside the European Union (EU) and the European Economic Area (EEA);
  • has no permanent residence in an EU or EEA country;
  • is NOT studying in Denmark through an exchange program or any other study agreement which is waiving the tuition fee;
  • has shown good academic results previously from former studies or passed exams;
  • has passed an English language test, preferable an IELTS test with a score of 6.0 or similar recognized test with a high score provided for academic studies.

Note: Before being able to come into consideration for a scholarship, you must be enrolled in a programme at UCN.

Eligible groups
Citizens of ALL countries (EXCEPT EU/EEA students)

Participating Institutions
University College of Northern Denmark

Fields of study
Any English-taught study programme at UCN

Number of awards
A limited number of scholarships are awarded

Sponsorship duration
Scholarships may be awarded for the entire duration of a study programme or for single semesters.

Scholarship benefits
UCN’s scholarship programme covers 30-50 % of the tuition fees, which means that the rest must be paid by the student.

Students who are awarded a scholarship from UCN may under certain circumstances also receive an additional partial monthly living costs scholarship.

Method of Application
To be considered for a scholarship, applicants must fill in the scholarship application form including a motivation letter stating the reasons for applying to UCN and the reasons for applying for the specific programme in question. In addition, applicants must apply and be accepted to one of the English-taught study programmes which UCN offers.

Furthermore the students must attach other required documentations. Please see scholarship webpage for complete list of documents. The application documents must be sent as one merged pdf file by e-mail to UCN.

It is important to visit the official website (link to it is below) for complete information on how to apply for this scholarship.

DEADLINES:
There are two application rounds every year – the September intake and the February intake. The application period for the September intake is 1 February – 15 March; while the application period for the February intake is 1 October – 1 November.

The application period for September 2016 intake ends 15th March 2016; while that for February 2017 ends 1st November 2016.

PLEASE NOTE:
After each application period, UCN will select the best candidates among the applicants.

All applicants will be informed about the result of the selection process made by UCN.

All candidates on UCN’s priority list must start the application for residence permit to Denmark before they get the final decision on the scholarship application as they will otherwise risk being late for the study start.

Application Deadline: 15 March / 1 November 2016
Open to International Applicants: Yes

More Scholarship Information and Application

1. Gadi Tuyisenge

January 26, 2016 at 8:38 AM

I want study abroad next year 2017 because I didn’t received A-Level result please help me I need your scholarship and I awaiting your good answer If you accept my wishes you contact me with my Email:gadytuyisenge@gmail.com Thanks!

2. Tuyisenge Gadi

January 26, 2016 at 8:39 AM

3. Golicha Doko

January 26, 2016 at 8:41 AM

Name; Golicha Doko Huqa Country; Ethiopia Level; 3rd year(undergraduate) Phone; 0925675795 E-mail; Golicha2015@gmail.com

4. samuel yeshitla haylemaryam

January 26, 2016 at 9:45 AM

first of all I would like to say thankyou for this chance! my name is samuel yeshitla am from Ethiopia ( east africa ) I have BA degree in business management from diredawa university & now am work in united school in assistance director position & olso am first year hospitality & tourism management student in s.marrys university college in extension program. when you think I have an ability I have a big interest to join it! phone no + 251912 46 12 47. thanks for all!

5. SHIBIRU DUGUMA

January 26, 2016 at 1:12 PM

First of all I thanks your university for endowing this opportunity. I am from Ethiopia and have been graduated with Bsc in physics in 2014 from Bahirdar university. At this time I am working in government school and waiting for study master program in one field of physics. please let me the way on the next address. email:-shibiruduguma59@gmail.com

6. Chala Seba

January 26, 2016 at 1:54 PM

I am graduated from Madda walabu University in 2015 by Civil Engineering with BA. Now I want to do my masters in your University. You can contact me with Email chala.d.sebba@gmail.com or my phone number +251916184510.

7. Samuel conteh

January 26, 2016 at 2:41 PM

Hello, am Samuel from sierra Leone . I have sat my wassce examination which is the last exam to sat in my country to go to university , i think this may be the greatest opportunity for me to study out of my country, but my greatest pain here is that, how can i apply for it? i hope and pray that someone will pick me up and change my story,,, please contact me on email http://www.samuelconteh297@gmail.com or +23277319647. God richly bless you as you help me out..

8. Hanna Hussen

January 30, 2016 at 11:07 PM

my name is Hanna Hussen. l am from Ethiopia. l finished my secondary Education by good result & l want to study my bachelor degree a broadly to better chance. lf l can get, this chance l will be good community of your university.thank you.

9. Hanna Hussen

January 30, 2016 at 11:11 PM

my name is Hanna Hussen. l am from Ethiopia. my phone number is 0910691835

10. abdiqani hussein

January 31, 2016 at 7:53 PM

name is abdiqani I am student in Somalia I completed secondary school after 3years agoI want to scholarship program pleaseaccept request for you to improv my education please please accept request I am student poor and country really please contact my email is abduqani123@gmail.com

11. Frazer banda k

February 1, 2016 at 4:38 AM

i want to study abroad if u can take me i will be glad…am a senior high school certificate holder from Malawi

12. Aklilu

February 8, 2016 at 10:50 AM

first of all I would like to say thankyou for this chance! my name is Aklilu Ermias from Ethiopia ( east africa ) I have BA degree in Accounting from riff vallyv university & now i am working in vision Fund micro finance insititution in teller postion.i want to learn masters progr in my related field .when you think I have an ability I have a big interest to join it! phone no + 251916621325. email hambo3durame@mail.com thanks for all!

13. hanan hassan si'ow

March 2, 2016 at 11:08 AM

Hi my name is hanan hassan si’ow I am somlian I was graduated at high level school i need this scholership if it possible so please contect me for my e-mail princessxilkas1@gmail.com

14. seble yimam

March 8, 2016 at 11:45 AM

Hello Sir /Madam,my name is Seble Yimam I’m from Ethiopia I’m engineering student ,pls I need to study in Denmark in scholarship so,pls pls pls help me to achieve my dream. contact me +251948939464 or +251929374712 e_mail_sebleyemariamlij.syy@gmail.com

15. mandefro gashaw

March 15, 2016 at 7:43 PM

Bahrdar,Ethiopia from mandefro gashaw 15/03/2016 Denmark Hello dear/madam may name is mandefro gashaw.I live in Ethiopia.I graduate in statstics(first degree)but may great interest is learning Engineering.so if possible inform me. mandefro gashaw Thank you.

16. mandefro gashaw

March 15, 2016 at 7:45 PM

Bahrdar,Ethiopia from mandefro gashaw 15/03/2016, To Denmark. Hello dear/madam may name is mandefro gashaw.I live in Ethiopia.I graduate in statstics(first degree)but may great interest is learning Engineering.so if possible inform me. mandefro gashaw. Thank you.

17. Abera Lula

March 17, 2016 at 10:35 AM

Hi my name is Abera Lula from ETHIOPIA i have human resource management diploma now if i will get this golden chance i want to study marketing management.my address abera0258@gmail.com mob 2510912025830

18. Basaye Roba

March 18, 2016 at 5:10 PM

Hey: I am Basaye Roba from Ethiopia..; first of thank you for given opportunity for better life: I am second year Arba minch university students and I study Civil engineering :please help me to win this chance: send you email to me and I scan my Documents for : phone nnumbe+251941027361

19. Tamrat Tulu

March 23, 2016 at 10:21 PM

Dear sir/madam First of all I would like to thanks your univerisity to give us this chance.My name is Tamirat Tulu from Ethiopia.In this moment I’m a 3ed year student in ASU univerisity in civil engineering.I want to study this cours or relats to my feild in your univerisity b/c I want to be a real engineer and I want to do same architecheral design.For this reason I want to one of the member of student in your univerisity.If your university give me this chance pleas contact me by this E mail addres(Tam2016de@gmail.com) or by phone number(251932119423).THANKS!

April 1, 2016 at 6:20 AM

hey i am belayneh zegeye from ethiopia. first of thank you for given apportunity for better life i graduate by conistruction techinologe diploma.now if will get this golden chance i went to study civil engineering please help me to win this chance sand you my phone:0916637233 and 0912121665 belaynehzegeye@gmail.com

21. MELESE ABRIHAM TIRORO

April 30, 2016 at 5:21 AM

+251926546146

22. Abraham Abdulai

May 5, 2016 at 10:00 PM

Hello! I am Abraham Abdulai, am from Sierra Leone, I am high school graduate. I will pleased if I get your Scholarship program to study nursing in your university. I hoping to be invited into scholarship program. May God bless.