Apply For 2016 KAAD Scholarships For Students Of Developing Countries To Study In Germany

KAAD scholarships open for applications for students of developing countries. These scholarships are awarded to students for pursuing master’s degree, PhD or for a postdoctoral research project (2-6 months for established university lecturers) at a German university. There is no specific subject-preference. Applicants have to request through filling a questionnaire and sending it to the KAAD offices for applying to these scholarships.

Study Subject(s)

There is no specific subject-preference. However, the selection board has often given preference to courses and subjects that they felt to be of significance for the home country of the applicant. This holds true especially for subjects of PhD-theses. There is therefore a certain leaning towards “development oriented” studies–this does however not mean that other fields (cultural, philosophic, linguistic, etc.) cannot be of significance for a country and are ruled out.
Eligible Course Level: Scholarships are available for pursuing master’s degree or a PhD at a German university or do a postdoctoral research project (2-6 months for established university lecturers) at a German university.

For the scholarship programme 1 of KAAD you can apply if you:
come from a developing or emerging country in Africa, Asia, the Middle East or Latin America
have a university degree and professional experience from your home country
want to acquire a master’s degree or a PhD at a German university or do a post-doctoral research project (2-6 months for established university lecturers) at a German university
are a Catholic Christian (or general belong to a Christian denomination). Candidates from other religions can apply if they are proposed by Catholic partners and can prove their commitment to interreligious dialogue
possess German language skills before starting the studies (KAAD can provide a language course of max. 6 months in Germany).

How to Apply

The first request is placed through filling the application questionnaire and sending it to the KAAD offices. Normally documents are submitted to the committee of the applicant’s home country. In the course of the application process, more documents need to be provided by the applicant and the KAAD-Partner-Committees are involved. If the pre-selection process has been positive for the applicant, the application is passed on to an independent selection board, which sits twice per year (in March and in September).

Deadline: Applications to be tabled in the March-session of the selection board need to be complete by end of November the previous year. Many times, applicants get admission letters (especially for Master-courses) only when these deadlines have passed. In these cases, the university has to be asked to defer the admission to the next academic year. Applications can be made already before admission letters are received. However at the end of the application process, the applicant needs to show either an admission letter or a confirmation by the university that they are eligible for the course and that the application has been received and being processed.

Click here for more details and to apply online

1. belayneh demissie

January 6, 2016 at 6:05 AM

sir/madam I Am Belayneh Demissie From Ethiopia.firstly i wanna to thank Your government ,whom endow us such golden opportunity.i have been graduated by chemical engineering recently on june 2015.i would like to proceed in Msc. Level by chemical engineering or related field. i have great respect and passion to Your Beloved community as we have a long aged relation with our country Ethiopia. Could You Contact Me kindly? email Belaydemissie565@gmail.com phone +251920057943 i hope you will accept me and i also be one of your great university community. thanks With best regards

2. Wondwosen Kebede

January 6, 2016 at 7:48 AM

Sir/Madam My name is Wondwosen Kebede Mulatu from Ethiopia. Firstly i would like to thanks for giving this scholarship oportunity. I am graduated in Water Resources and Irrigation Engineering from Arbaminch University Institute of Technology last june 2015.Now I would like to proceed in Msc. level by Water Resources and Irrigation Engineering or in related field of study. I aspires to this chance to be one of Lucky winner. please contact me by email kebede2245@gmail.com or phone No. +251921037345. Thanks with best regards!

3. temam sulti

January 6, 2016 at 4:41 PM

my name is temam sulti i am from ethiopia i have diploma clinical nursin. i need to get. this chanse my opportunity is to continue any releted subject please help me my contact 0912310647 email temam.sulti@gmail.com

4. ASHENAF GALCHO

January 12, 2016 at 9:22 AM

Sir/madam I Am Ashenaf Galcho from Ethiopia. Firstly I would to thank your government, whom endow us such golden opportunity. I have been graduated by rural development studies on June 2013. I would like to proceed in PhD program. Level by chemical engineering or related field. I have great respect and passion to Your Beloved community as we have a long aged relation with our country Ethiopia. Could You Contact Me kindly? Email ashenaf.galcho @yahoo.com. I hope you will accept me and I also am one of your great university communities. Thanks with best regards.

5. ASHENAF GALCHO

January 12, 2016 at 9:25 AM

Sir/madam I Am Ashenaf Galcho from Ethiopia. Firstly I would to thank your government, whom endow us such golden opportunity. I have MSC by rural development studies and I have been graduated on June 2013. I would like to proceed in PhD program. Level by chemical engineering or related field. I have great respect and passion to Your Beloved community as we have a long aged relation with our country Ethiopia. Could You Contact Me kindly? Email ashenaf.galcho @yahoo.com. I hope you will accept me and I also am one of your great university communities. Thanks with best regards.

6. mamush reta

January 22, 2016 at 7:47 PM

hello.my name is mamush reta from ethiopia. I was graduated from adama university by business administration. I would like to apply with related field. phone number +251921513831.

7. Nway Mitiku

February 4, 2016 at 9:28 AM

First of all I want to thanks the government whom endowed this opportunity for students all over the world to study abroad. My name is Nway Mitiku; and from Ethiopia. I will graduate by civil engineering after 4 months from Hawassa university – Ethiopia After my graduation I am interested to specialize my proffesion in structural engineering, archtectural, foundation or high way engineerig in one of yours country university pease contact me by my email address or phone number ‘+251923807805’ I am expecting your quick reply. yours faithfully, Nway Mitiku.

8. Melese Reta

February 11, 2016 at 11:32 AM

Hello there, I am Melese Reta from east africa, Ethiopia.I was graduated from Jimma university in civil engineering with B.Sc. Degree. I heve great interest to upgrade my level by applying to your university. Could you allow me to get learning chance in there? I have great hope on you to give me this chance, as I am from developing country, I have the responsibility to help my country after completion of my course. Email: melukoo2013@gmail.com phone:+251912810451 Thanks with best regards.

9. maxamed

March 20, 2016 at 1:11 PM

first thank you i am from somalia I am complete secondary school I want to learn engineering telecommunications pleas help me i am poor and my phone is 252907274827

10. Birhanu Daba

April 21, 2016 at 7:40 PM

First of all I would like to thanks your University which give such opportunity to developing country! next My name is Birhanu Daba. I am going to graduate this year after two months in B.Sc Accounting and Finance from Jimma University. I wish to study M.SC in one of the Accounting field. If you are interested in my resume please contact me by the following address. email: lemiko430@gmail.com and mobile +251935116596. thanks for your response in advance!!!!!

11. Moti Sintayo

May 26, 2016 at 10:55 AM

Hello,I’m Moti sintayo from Ethiopia and I’m studying the field of International Trade and Investment Management at Adama university and one year more for my graduation(2017). I want to fill my MA degree abroad. Dear sir/madam scholarship program officer please contact me by +251922785999 or mootiikoo143@gmail.com. Thanks with best regards!