- University degree with a minimum of Second Class Honours Upper Division
- Not more than 35 years of age for Masters an 40 years for PhD at the time of taking up the award.
- NYSC or Exemption certificate
- Academic Transcript
- Candidate must possess A or B grades in at least five relevant subjects including English and Mathematics.
- Candidate must be between 18-22 years old
- WAEC/NECO (May/June) Certificates obtained at one seating and must not be more than 2 years old at the time of taking up the Award.
Candidates applying for Undergraduate or postgraduate BEA Scholarship are to attach photocopies of the following to their application forms:-
- WAEC or NECO Certificate for UGs and Degree Certificates ( L” Degree and/or Masters Degree) for postgraduate (PG) applicants
- Birth Certificate (National Population Commission)
- Certificate of State of origin/Local Government
- Four (4) coloured passport size photographs on a white background,
- Original Medical Certificates will be required after nomination has been made with Chest x-rav result, HIV / AIDS, Hepatitis Band Tuberculosis Tests from a Teaching Hospital, General Hospital, National Hospital or any Hospital as designated by the Awarding Countr.
- Police Clearance certificate is optional till nomination has been made.
- Data page of current International Passport (optional) till nomination has been made.
- PG applicants are to include :-i. Academic Transcript
ii. Research proposal/Plan
iii. Letter of appointment if employed
iv. Confirmation of appointment, and
v. Willingness of employer to release applicant if successful.
Note (For all Applicants)
- Since the BEA countries are non-English speaking, applicants should be prepared to undertake a mandatory one year foreign languare of the country of choice which will be the standard medium of instruction; and
- All applicants for Hungarian Scholarship must visit the website: www.stipendiumhungaricum.hu
Venue of Interview
All eligible applicants are to report for interview at the venues scheduled for their respective Zones of origin for proper identification. Two sets of the Printed Completed application forms are usually submitted at the various interview centres with the following attachments:
- Two sets of Photocopies of Educational Certificates and Testimonials of previous schools attended with the originals for sighting;
- One certificate is accepted i.e WAEC of May/June only; Statement of results must be confirmed by WAEC and forwarded to the Director/Secretary, Federal Scholarship Board, Abuja;
- Two copies of Birth certificate
- State of Origin/LGA certificate duly signed, stamped and dated;
- Four (4) passport sized coloured photographs on white background;
- Academic transcripts and NYSC certificates will be required from applicants for Postgraduate Studies.
2016/2017 BEA Interview Venues and Dates from 7th – 10th March, 2016
|S/N||Zone Venue||Monday 7th March||Tuesday 8th March||Wednesday 9th March||Thursday 10th March||Friday 11th March|
|1.||North-West Dutse Jigawa||Sokoto and Zamfara||Kano and Kebbi State||Kaduna and Katsina States||Jigawa State||Collation of ResultsCollation of Results|
|2||North-East FCG, Yola||Borno and Yobe States||Bauchi and Gombe States||Taraba State||Adamawa State||Collation of Results|
|3||North Central Govt. College Marduguri||Kwara State and FCT||Niger and Plateau States||Kogi and Nasarawa States||Benue State||Collation of Results|
|4||South-West Abeokuta Grammar School||Ondo and Oyo States||Lagos and Osun States||Ekiti State Ogun State||Ogun State||Collation of Results|
|5||South-SouthFGGC Calabar||Edo and Rivers State||Delta and Bayelsa States||Akwa Ibom State||Cross Rivers||Collation of Results|
|6||South East FSTC Awka||Ebonyi and Abia States||Imo State||Enugu State||Anambra State||Collation of Results|
Candidates nominated and finally selected by the awarding BEA countries will be required to submit to Federal Scholarship Board the following:
- Photocopies of Authenticated academic certificates;
- Data page of current International passport, and
- Specified Medical Reports & Police clearance certificate.
- Complete the Application Form online
- Print the completed Application form
- Submit two set of the printed Application form at the venue of the interview as scheduled above
- BEA processing does not attract any processing fee. Therefore, beware of fraudsters!
- Double Entries will be disqualified
For More Information: