Heriot Watt University Management and Languages International Scholarship To Study In Scotland

The School of Management and Languages, SML, at Heriot Watt University offer a number of scholarship awards to both home and foreign students applying to study therein.

The Heriot Watt University School of Management and Languages offers the SML International Merit Scholarship (Overseas) to all international students wishing to study a postgraduate taught programme in the School of Management and Languages.

SML International Merit Scholarship (Overseas)

Course(s) Offered: Management, Languages
Course Level: Graduate (masters)
Provider: Heriot Watt University
Country to Study in: UK

All Overseas fee paying students who have been offered and accepted a place on one of the School’s MSc programmes are eligible to apply for an SML International Merit Scholarship.

Selection criteria:
The information contained on both your MSc programme application and scholarship application forms (where applicable) is considered. When awarding the scholarships the school looks for:

• Someone who has direct subject relevance in previous qualifications and/or relevant work experience
  • A person who is academically worthy of the award i.e. has achieved high grades previously and/or has worked at a higher level.
  • An applicant who they feel can actively contribute to the course.
  • A person for whom the fee reduction could make a financial difference.
  • Somebody with a proven interest in the course subject i.e. outwith study and work.
  • English language ability.

The above areas describe the criteria the school uses to make decisions, but it may be that a person awarded a scholarship excels in only one of these areas.

The school also tries to award scholarships to applications from a variety of geographical regions so that they are all not awarded to students from one area or country.

Eligible groups
Citizen of ANY country may apply

Participating Institutions
School of Management and Languages (SML), Heriot Watt University, Scotland; United Kingdom

Fields of study
All postgraduate level taught course programmes in the fields of Management and Languages

Number of awards
In previous academic years, the School has awarded over 40 scholarships (in 2012/13) to over 65 (in 2013/14); however, for 2016/17 academic year the School will award upto 10 scholarships through this scheme.

Sponsorship duration
This is a onetime financial aid awarded as a fee abatement

Scholarship benefits
The Scholarship amount is £2000 awarded as a reduction in your fees. In other words, the scholarships are paid in the form of a fee rebate i.e. the school will reduce the amount of fees you will be required to pay by the level of scholarship awarded.

Method of Application
To be eligible to apply for this scholarship, you must be an applicant who pays the overseas fee level, have accepted your offer of a place on a postgraduate taught programme level in the School of Management and Languages, and have paid your deposit (where applicable) by the deadline date below.

Application forms are available from the SML Postgraduate Office: smlpgenquiries@hw.ac.uk.

It is important to visit the official website (link to it is below) to apply for your taught masters course of interest before applying for this scholarship.

DEADLINES:
Your application must reach the School’s Postgraduate Office by 30th June of the year of application.

PLEASE NOTE:
You must have paid your deposit (where applicable) by the deadline date.

If you have already been awarded a fee scholarship by another organisation, there would be no point to apply as the school does not pay you the money, but only reduces your fees.

With a history dating back to 1821, Heriot-Watt University has established a reputation for world class teaching and practical, leading edge research, which has made the school one of the top UK universities for business and industry.

The Heriot Watt University’s School of Management and Languages Taught Postgraduate Scholarship Scheme incorporates the following scholarship schemes: 1). Esmee Fairbairn Scholarship in Investment Management; 2). Esmee Fairbairn Scholarship (Rest of UK); 3). Esmee Fairbairn Scholarship (Scottish/ EU); 4). Ian Rushbrook Scholarship; 5). SML International Merit Scholarship (India); 6). SML International Merit Scholarship (Norway); 7). SML International Merit Scholarship (Overseas); AND 8). Tullow Group Scholarship Scheme.

Application Deadline: 30 June 2016
Open to International Applicants: Yes

More Scholarship Information and Application

1. fartun ahmed

January 21, 2016 at 9:57 AM

i here by apply for schoolship which was posted seeking schoolarship link.IAm fartun ahmed w i have completed secondary school /high school/12 pleas contacte me fartuunweerar@gmail.com/0929239911

2. samuel yeshitla haylemaryam

January 21, 2016 at 10:28 AM

first of all I would like to say thankyou for this chance! my name is samuel yeshitla am from Ethiopia ( east africa ) I have BA degree in business management from diredawa university & now am work in united school in assistance director position & olso am first year hospitality & tourism management student in s.marry university college in extension program. when you think I have an ability I have a big interest to join it! phone no + 251912 46 12 47. thanks for all!

3. Sani Mohammed

January 21, 2016 at 11:38 AM

An MPH(Masters of Public health) student 5 months in advance of gratuation seeking Public health related scholarships for MSc or PhD”

4. BAKUNDUKIZE Egide Prince

January 21, 2016 at 12:22 PM

Sir/ Madam. My name is BAKUNDUKIZE Egide Prince. I’m from Burundi, i have diplome In Informatique d’opérateur’s degre A2. I need the scholarship. Pleasy,can you helpe me to give me some opportunity to study there. I would like to Backelor’s degre. My adress number is +25771125851 and My E Mail Prizo_k@yahoo.fr

5. gidaju petros

January 21, 2016 at 1:18 PM

sir/madam I am gidaju petros From Ethiopia.firstly i wanna to thank Your government ,whom endow us such golden opportunity.i have been graduated by accounting on augest 2014 with GPA 3.50.i would like to proceed in Msc. Level by accounting or related field. i have great respect and passion to Your Beloved community as we have a long aged relation with our country Ethiopia. Could You Contact Me kindly? email petrosgidaju@ yahoo.com phone 251916056515i hope you will accept me and i also be one of your great university community. thanks With best regards

6. bernard

January 21, 2016 at 6:03 PM

hello;i am very happy to meet you here;i am burundian,my name is bernard,25years old,student in psychology at burundi university,2nd bachelor;please i need getting such an occasion in order i continue my studies abroad because i have such a dream.nor,mally in burundi,youth doesn’t get these opportunities because thet do not have access to wµebsites;this is why i would like to benefit this even if my family is not able to pay for me;please help me and i promise you honesty and respect in developpind the world;contact me on +25771323298 nvianbernard@gmail.com

January 26, 2016 at 9:12 AM

hello I am eyasu agalo from Ethiopia I’m asking you to help me to give me some opportunity to study university there .I would like to master degree if you accept contact with my address number 0916102556 and my email eyasuagalo@yahoo.com

8. samuel yeshitla haylemaryam

January 26, 2016 at 9:48 AM

first of all I would like to say thankyou for this chance! my name is samuel yeshitla am from Ethiopia ( east africa ) I have BA degree in business management from diredawa university & now am work in united school in assistance director position & olso am first year hospitality & tourism management student in s.marrys university college in extension program. when you think I have an ability I have a big interest to join it! phone no + 251912 46 12 47. thanks for all!

9. Abera Lula

March 14, 2016 at 1:10 PM

Hi my name is Abera Lula from Ethiopia i have BA degree human resource management now am work flower or rose farm PLC Company agronomist. if i will get this chance i am happy my address abera0258@gmail.com mob 2510912025830

10. ayaan yousuf mahamed

March 24, 2016 at 11:32 AM

hi my name is ayaan yousuf ilive in hargeisa somali iwould like to give me this chance plz contact me ina this emal

11. ayaan yousuf mahamed

March 24, 2016 at 11:33 AM

hi my name is ayaan yousuf ilive in hargeisa somalia iwould like to give me this chance plz contact me in this email ubahadan56@gmail.com

12. balemual abebaw

April 6, 2016 at 11:02 AM

i am balemual abebaw from ethiopia. i am docter of vet.medicine from UOG. i realy want to learn my master in your universty. please contact me 0931758018 or 0918150354