The University offers an unlimited number of scholarships to encourage high achieving Sussex undergraduates to stay with us to study for a Masters degree. The scholarships are available to UK, EU and international students graduating in 2016 who have accepted a full-time place on a Masters course at Sussex commencing in 2016.
Worth of Award
Students who graduate with a first-class honours degree are eligible for a £5,000 scholarship and students who graduate with an upper second-class honours degree are eligible for a £3,500 scholarship.
- All University of Sussex undergraduates (UK, EU and non-EU) who graduate in 2016 and progress immediately onto an eligible full-time Masters course in 2016 are eligible (see below for list of eligible courses);
- You must apply for a Masters course and receive and accept an offer of a place by 1 August 2016;
- To be eligible for a £5,000 scholarship you must graduate with a first-class honours degree;
- To be eligible for a £3,500 scholarship you must graduate with an upper second-class honours degree;
- You must meet all the University’s general entrance requirements
The scholarship relates to all full-time taught Masters degree courses at the University of Sussex (e.g. MA, MSc, LLM) excluding the following courses:
- Postgraduate diplomas (including Common Professional Examination (CPE), Law and Economics)
- Masters degrees in Social Work (if receiving a bursary)
- Social Work post qualifying Masters degrees
- PGCE courses and schools direct teaching courses
- MSc Automotive Engineering
- MA degrees in IDS apart from MA Gender and Development and MSc in Climate Change and Development
- Masters degrees at the Brighton and Sussex Medical School;
- In addition, masters students funded by the research councils (e.g. those receiving ESRC 1+3 funding are not eligible).
How to Apply
- You must apply for admission to an eligible Masters course via the University’s PG Apply online application system.
- If you are made an offer of a place, there will be an online scholarship declaration on PG Apply as part of the acceptance process. You must submit this declaration by 1 August 2016 in order to receive the scholarship.
Deadline: The deadline to receive an offer of a place on an eligible Masters course and submit the online declaration is 1 August 2016. You must allow sufficient time for the Masters application to be considered before the deadline.
Click here for more details and to apply