2016 University of Ghent Scholarships for Masters Degree Students from Developing Countries in Belgium

Ghent University provides Master Grants to candidates from developing countries who wish to obtain a master’s degree at Ghent University.

During its meeting of 23rd May 2001, the Ghent University Board of Directors decided that special measures would be taken to provide postgraduate scholarships to candidates from Developing Countries who wish to obtain a master’s degree at Ghent University.

In 2016 the call will only be open for students already in their first Master year at Ghent University.

Course(s) Offered: Any approved field
Course Level: Postgraduate (diploma, masters)
Provider: University of Ghent
Country to Study in: Belgium

Eligibility (Who Can Apply?)
Students already in their first master year of one of the below mentioned programmes at Ghent University.

The following should apply for candidates to be eligible:

1). Degree: You should already have obtained a bachelor degree when you submit your application.

2). Nationality: You may apply for a Masters programme (or an International Course Programme, ICP) if you are a national of one of the developing countries on the Master Grants country list (PDF) (or the VLIR-UOS country list respectively). Priority, however, will be given to the categories on the country list with the lowest levels of development and income. Priority will also be given to students applying for an ICP-programme whose country is not on the VLIR-country list but on the UGent list.

Please note that if your country is on the VLIR-UOS country list, you should apply for the VLIR-UOS scholarship instead. See the VLIR-UOS Masters and VLIR-UOS Training Scholarships.

3). Language and proficiency: The application is to be made in English. The applicant should have a very good command of the English language. Click here to see the requirements.

Eligible groups
Citizens of Developing countries (in both the EU and non-EU)

Participating Institutions
University of Ghent (Universiteit Gent) in Belgium

Field(s) of study
The grants are available for the following Master programmes at Ghent University:

1. European Master of Science in Nuclear Fusion and Engineering Physics
  21. Master of Science in Environmental Sanitation
  22. Master of Science in Fire Safety Engineering
  23. Master of Science in Food Technology
  24. Master of Science in Geology
  25. Master of Science in Industrial Engineering and Operations Research
  26. Master of Science in Marine and Lacustrine Science and Management
  27. Master of Science in Nutrition and Rural Development (Human Nutrition)
  28. Master of Science in Nutrition and Rural Development (Rural Economics and Management)
  29. Master of Science in Nutrition and Rural Development (Tropical Agriculture)
  30. Master of Science in Physical Land Resources (Land Resources Engineering)
  31. Master of Science in Physical Land Resources (Soil Science)
  32. Master of Science in Sustainable Materials Engineering
  33. Master of Science in Textile Engineering
  34. MSc in Business Engineering (Data Analytics)
  35. MSc in Business Engineering (Finance)
  36. MSc in Business Engineering (Operations management)

Number of awards
Each year, a maximum of 10 scholarships can be awarded.

Sponsorship duration
The masters scholarships are awarded for the duration of the studies, aiming at the delivery of a Ghent University diploma after maximum 2 years of study. The scholarship is in principle paid for the total duration of the studies. In case of a 2-year study programme, the 2nd year will be paid upon successful completion of the first year.

Scholarship benefits
In 2016, Ghent University will only reward scholarships to students already in their first master year at Ghent University, following a 2-year Master programme taught in English.
The scholarship consists of an allowance of 1000 euro per month, an installation fee of 500€ and a refund of the yearly tuition fee with a maximum of 105€. In case of increased tuition fee for the master’s programme, Ghent University will only reimburse the refundable part. Airline ticket and visa costs are carried by the student.

Method of Application
Application depends on whether you are a NEW student who have not applied before (your course of study is taken into consideration during the application), OR whether you are already in a first Masters course at UGent, OR students already having official admission. For 2016, only applications from students already in their Masters course programme will be attended to.

For the complete application details, including General rules and guidelines for a successful application, please visit the official website (link to it is found below).

DEADLINES:
Call will be open from 1st of February till April 15 2016.

PLEASE NOTE:
Decisions will be announced half May 2016.

Applicants who already have received a Master Grant in the past, are not eligible.

Application Deadline: 15 April 2016
Open to International Applicants: Yes

More Scholarship Information and Application

1. mohamed

January 18, 2016 at 5:11 AM

i would like to join this university help me where and how can i find i do have bsc degree undergraduate.get my phone.0936070463 email.ugundhe99@gmail.com

2. Melese Reta

January 18, 2016 at 7:05 AM

Hello sir/madam my name is Melese Reta from Ethiopia and I was not applied to any scholapship before.I have been graduated from Jimma University,Ethiopia in Civil Engineering with B.Sc degree in June 2015.I want to be one of the student who will study master degree in your University in the related field.here I like to notice you that am one of the student who come from developing country and poor family so please aloow me to up grade my coerse.please contact me by phone number:+251912810451 or Email:melukoo2013@gmail.com

3. Temesgen Fekadu

January 18, 2016 at 7:12 AM

My name is Temesgen Fekadu from Ethiopia. I am graduated from Wollega University by Hydraulic & water and resources Engineering. Contact me by e-mail:temefeke@gmail.com or 0917845997

4. robel

January 18, 2016 at 8:29 AM

Hello everyone ; my name is Robel Nebi from Ethiopia and I was not applied to any scholapship before.I have been graduated from Haramaya University,Ethiopia in Civil Engineering with B.Sc degree in June 2015.I want to be one of the student who will study master degree in your University in the related field.here I like to notice you that our country is developing country and very poor family so please alow me to up grade my coerse.i am looking for you.please contact me by phone number:+251919298510 and email:robel1749@gmail.com

5. samuel yeshitla haylemaryam

January 18, 2016 at 9:05 AM

first of all I would like to say thankyou for this chance! my name is samuel yeshitla am from Ethiopia ( east africa ) I have BA degree in business management from diredawa university & now am work in united school in assistance director position & olso am first year hospitality & tourism management student in s.marrys university college in extension program. when you think I have an ability I have a big interest to join it! phone no 912 46 12 47 .thanks for all!

6. abdifataah osman ibrahim

January 18, 2016 at 10:50 AM

i finish high school an i was bron 1995 to somalia so i will hope to particite the scolership your honest

7. gidaju petros

January 18, 2016 at 12:38 PM

My Name is Gidaju Petros from Ethiopia,Africa.iam Graduated From Rift valley Unversity by Accounting.i Need to get this Chance For Masters Degree Program from your Organization.phone No; 0916056515; email Petrosgidaju@yahoo.com;

8. SHIBIRU DUGUMA

January 18, 2016 at 4:43 PM

My name is Shibiru Duguma Feyisa. I have Bsc in Physics and graduated from Bahirdar university which is known in Ethiopia and also studied PGDT and PGDSL programs at Bahirdar and Hawassa university respectively. since then I am working in govt schools by teaching and leading. I wish to study MSC in one of the physics field. If you are interested in my resume please contact me by the following address. email: shibiruduguma59@gmail.com and mobile +251917364632

9. mahammud Ahmednur

January 18, 2016 at 5:48 PM

Igraduated by Economics from Jijiga university in 2011.now I am working in commercial bank of Ethiopia Haro chercher branch on Customer Service Manager.how can you help me with this chance?

10. Eyasu Fitamo

January 19, 2016 at 3:34 PM

Dear madam,my name is Eyasu Fitamo from Ethiopia i have Bsc degree of Agriculture/horticulture/,i want study Msc of Human nutrition at this scholarship. please give me chance, my contact +251916025840

11. samuel yeshitla haylemaryam

January 20, 2016 at 9:46 AM

first of all I would like to say thankyou for this chance! my name is samuel yeshitla am from Ethiopia ( east africa ) I have BA degree in business management from diredawa university & now am work in united school in assistance director position & olso am first year hospitality & tourism management student in s.marrys university college in extension program. when you think I have an ability I have a big interest to join it! phone no +251912 46 12 47. thanks for all!

12. temesgen

January 20, 2016 at 9:46 AM

I’m temesgen from Ethiopia. I have Bsc. degree in civil engineering from my home country university and I want to join your university to start my master of Science in civil engineering @ your University. therefore please would you help me if there is a chance to join?

13. Bikila Gedefa

January 23, 2016 at 6:21 AM

my name is Bikila Gedefa I Have Graduated My Bs.C By Water Resources And Irrigation Engineering From Arba Minch University And Iwant To Continue My Masters In Civil Engineering In Your Institution If I Obtain The Chance I Hope My Request Will Be Granted And Here Is My Contact 251926463471 or bikilagedefa26gmail.com

14. Wako Dido Diba

January 25, 2016 at 7:22 AM

sir/madam my name wako Dido Diba from Ethiopia. I have been graduated from Bahir Dar university, Ethiopia in Natural Resource Management with B.SC in June 2014 I seeking my Ms by physical land resource(soil science ) I have a dream one day I’m soil scientists. please contact me by email -wakokiya@Gmail.com or cell phone +251916776994 or +251920643909

15. desalegn tarekegn

January 26, 2016 at 6:44 PM

Dear sir/madam first i would like to thank you for your free scholarship for every students.next to this,i have information that your universty is looking aqualified candidate in physics or geophysics and other related fields accordingly i have written this curriculum vitae/cv/ in search of a scholarship in your universty. my name is desalegn tarekegn,i am 24 years,i am unmarried,my health is normal, i have BSc degree in physics from bahir dar universty in ethiopia since 2015 june. my language skill is english with excellent speaking,writing,reading and listening.my hobbies is reading bonks,generating ideas and sharing knowledge and helping others.my special ability is doing research in my field, voluntarism to work with others. my address 0925982237/0941378862 and e_mail desalegntarekegn@gmail.com.reference, phone(0918783735). Pleas invite me to your scholarship i have an interst to learn MSc in scienc of geophysics.i am looking positive. sincerely yours; desalegn tarekegn.

16. Chala Seba

January 29, 2016 at 8:01 PM

Hello,my name is Chala Sebba. I am from Ethiopia. I graduated from Maddawalabu University with frist degree by Civil Engineering. Now I want to do my Masters with you in your University. Pleace, contact me with my Email address chala.d.sebba@gmail.com or my phone number +251916184510.

17. Golicha Doko Huqa

February 22, 2016 at 8:11 AM

name: Golicha Doko Field: Biology phone number: 0925675795 Gmail: Golicha2015@gmail.com

18. Gemeda Wakjira

February 23, 2016 at 3:40 PM

My name is Gemeda wakjira from Ethiopia. I have BA degree in Business Management. And im seeking for scholarship in MBA. please contact me through my email adress and cell phone numner below. buneewakjira@gmail.com, +251 9808095 Thanko You!

February 29, 2016 at 9:26 AM

First of all I would like to thanks Ghent University which give such opportunity to developing country! next I am Nasiro Abdulahi from Ethiopia I graduated by applied Chemistry from Arba Minch University in south Ethiopia I would like to join in Ghent University to study Msc in one field of chemistry plus I have a teaching proffesional and I work in gov’t school at this time.I you accept me I help you by my proffesional such as lab technician and teaching.Please help me I born from poor family contact me by phone+125 0923183770 or by facebook account Nasiro.Abdulahi@yahoo.Com thank you.

March 2, 2016 at 9:02 PM

Dear sir/madam first i would like to thank you for your free scholarship for every students. next to this,i have information that your university is looking a qualified candidate in agricultural science and other related fields accordingly i have written this curriculum vitae /cv/ in search of a scholarship in your university. my name is Demsie Ambaw Fenta ,i am 25 years old, my health is normal, i have BSc degree in Natural Resours Management from Debre Markos university in ethiopia since 2014 June. my language skill is English with excellent speaking,writing,reading and listening. my hobbies is reading books,generating ideas and sharing knowledge and helping others.my special ability is doing research in my field, voluntarism to work with others. my address +251925433062/+251914340445and e-mail demsiea62@gmail.com. reference, phone(+25191380605). Pleas invite me to your scholarship i have an interest to learn MSc in soil science or environmental science i am looking positive. sincerely yours; Demsie Ambaw Fenta

21. Demsie Ambaw Fenta

March 2, 2016 at 9:07 PM

Dear sir/madam first i would like to thank you for your free scholarship for every students. next to this,i have information that your university is looking a qualified candidate in agricultural science and other related fields accordingly i have written this curriculum vitae /cv/ in search of a scholarship in your university. my name is Demsie Ambaw Fenta ,i am 25 years old, my health is normal, i have BSc degree in Natural Resours Management from Debre Markos university in Ethiopia since 2014 June. my language skill is English with excellent speaking,writing,reading and listening. my hobbies is reading books,generating ideas and sharing knowledge and helping others.my special ability is doing research in my field, voluntarism to work with others. my address +251925433062/+251914340445and e-mail demsiea67@gmail.com. reference, phone (+25191380605). Pleas invite me to your scholarship i have an interest to learn MSc in soil science or environmental science i am looking positive. sincerely yours; Demsie Ambaw Fenta

22. Kelemua Ali Mekonnen

March 2, 2016 at 9:34 PM

Dear sir/madam first i would like to thank you for your free scholarship for every students. next to this,i have information that your university is looking a qualified candidate in agricultural science and other related fields accordingly i have written this curriculum vitae /cv/ in search of a scholarship in your university. my name is Kelemua Ali Mekonnen ,i am 23 years old, my health is normal, i have BSc degree in Natural Resours Management from Debre Markos university in Ethiopia since 2015 June .i hav 1year work experiance in menschen fiir menschen foundation my language skill is English with excellent speaking,writing,reading and listening. my hobbies is reading books,generating ideas and sharing knowledge and helping others. my special ability is doing research in my field, voluntarism to work with others. my address +251913806005/+251914623596and reference, phone (+251925433062). Pleas invite me to your scholarship i have an interest to learn MSc in soil science or environmental science i am looking positive. sincerely yours; Kelemua Ali Mekonnen

23. Habtamu Molla

March 5, 2016 at 8:39 PM

My name is Habtamu Molla and I am from Ethiopia. I have Bsc degree in Public Health and now I am strongly interested to study master of science in Human Nutrition in your University. So as much as possible please Give me these chance. you can contact me with my email address: habtamumolla044@gmail.com

24. Endale Demissie

March 12, 2016 at 10:01 AM

Sir/madam i’m Endale Demissie from Ethiopia. i’m 21years olds. I have graduated BA degree in Economics with CGPA of 80 above. please give a chance to learn Msc in ur country. contact me by phone 0924302240& Demissendale@gmail.com

25. Gemeda Mosisa

March 29, 2016 at 8:22 AM

My name is Gemeda Mosisa.I am from developing country Ethiopia and graduated from Bule Hora University in Bsc degree of Animal and Range science in 2015 E.U.and I would like to learn masters degree in related fields.So,I am hopefully looking for you as you help me.My phone number +251918798484 and email adress gemedamosisa@gmail.com

26. betegbar andualem

April 1, 2016 at 8:39 AM

dear madam! my name is Betegbar Andualem.I am from Ethiopia.I Have bsc degree from debre markos university in biology with GPA 3.65 in 2015.I have excellent English writing,reading and speaking ability.now i am working at teaching.i wants to join your scholar ship to upgrade my profession in to msc degree in related fields.please invite me to join your university.thank you! phone +251918282625,email betegbarandu222@gmail.com

27. balemual abebaw

April 10, 2016 at 9:49 AM

i am balemual abebaw from ethiopia. i am 27 years old. i have DVM from UOG. i kindly request you to give me chane for master in your university.please call 0931758018 / 0918150354

28. Birhanu Daba

April 21, 2016 at 7:34 PM

First of all I would like to thanks Ghent University which give such opportunity to developing country! next My name is Birhanu Daba. I am going to graduate this year after two months in B.Sc Accounting and Finance from Jimma University. I wish to study M.SC in one of the Accounting field. If you are interested in my resume please contact me by the following address. email: lemiko430@gmail.com and mobile +251935116596. thanks for your response in advance!!!!!