University of the Thai Chamber of Commerce invites applications from national and international prospective students for its PhD Program in Economics in Thailand. UTCC Graduate Scholarships will be granted to a limited number of well-qualified applicants for exemption from tuition and annual university fees.
The PhD program in Economics at University of the Thai Chamber of Commerce (UTCC) produces the high-quality economists and the professional researchers. The doctoral graduates from the program will have in-depth knowledge and understanding and will possess the skills necessary for conducting advanced researches to extend the body of knowledge in the field of Economics.
Worth of Award: Scholarship includes full tuition fees and other university fees for three years. Applicant receives stipend 8000 Thai baht per month for three years.
In order to apply for scholarship, applicant must follow the given criteria:
1.Applicants must have a master’s degree or a bachelor’s degree with GPA at least 3.25 on the 4.00 scale.
2. Applicants must pass the interview in accordance with the regulations of University of the Thai Chamber of Commerce.
3. Applicants must have an official result of the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) or other equivalent standardized test scores.
4. Applicants from overseas who use English as their first language are exempted from the requirement (3).
5. Applicants who graduated from an international program where English is used as the medium of instruction are exempted from the requirement (3).
6. Applicants must follow the study plan according to the interview committees’ recommendation, which may require applicants to take additional courses.
7. If an applicant’s qualifications do not meet the above requirements, the application may be reviewed and approved by the University’s Committee of the Graduate Studies.
How to Apply: Applications can be submitted by e-mail or via post.
Supporting Material: The required components for complete application packet are as follows:-
-A completed application form
-Two official copies of undergraduate and graduate transcripts.
-Three letters of recommendation.
-TOEFL score or an equivalent English test.
-Three passport-size photos.
-A photocopy of identification card/passport.
Deadline: The application deadline is June 1.