Ofid scholarship award( OFID’s Scholarship Program) sponsors outstanding young students from developing countries through graduate studies in a development-related discipline.
‣ The OFID Scholarship Portal is now open to receive applications for 2016/2017.
‣ The applicant must be from a developing country, and he/she must first obtain admission to pursue a Master’s (graduate) degree in any recognized university/college in the world.
Field(s): Scholarship is awarded in development-related discipline
Deadline: May 1, 2016 for 2016/17 academic year.
Funded By: The OPEC Fund for International Development
Beneficiaries(Target Groups): Ofid scholarship award is targeted for Students of developing country except OFID Member Countries (Angola, Afghanistan, Armenia, Azerbaijan, Antigua, Albania, Benin, Botswana, Burundi, Burkina Faso ,Bangladesh, Bahrain, Bhutan, Barbuda, Belize, Barbados, Brazil, Bolivia, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Cameroon, Cape Verde, Chad, Central African Republic, Comoros, Congo DR Republic of Congo Cote d’lvoire, Cambodia ,Chile, Colombia, Costa Rica and Cuba, Djibouti, Dominica, Dominican Republic, Egypt, Equatorial, Guinea, Eritrea, Ethiopia, Ecuador, El Salvador, Fiji, Gambia, Ghana, Guinea, Guinea- Bissau, Grenada, Guyana, Guatemala, Guyana, Haiti, Haiti, Honduras, India, Jordan, Jamaica, Kenya, Kazakhstan, Kiribati, Korea DPR, Kyrgyz Republic, Kosovo Lao, Lesotho, Lebanon, PDR Liberia, Madagascar, Malawi, Mali, Mauritania, Mauritius, Morocco, Mozambique,
‣ Must be between the ages of 23-32 at the time of submitting his/her application.
‣ Must have obtained or be on the verge of completing their undergraduate degree with a Baccalaureate from an accredited college/university, or its equivalent.
‣ Must have a minimum cumulative GPA of 3.0 or higher on a 4.0 rating system, or its equivalent.
‣ Must be matriculated at an accredited university for the upcoming academic year starting August/September 2013, and must maintain full-time status for the duration of the Master’s Degree.
‣ Must be a national of a developing country (except OFID Member Countries)
‣ Must select a subject of study that pertains to OFID’s core mission, such as: economics of development (poverty reduction, energy and sustainable development), environment (desertification), or other related science and technology fields.
Eligibility Criteria of Ofid scholarship award
‣ Applications will be evaluated based on the information provided. Therefore, all questions should be answered as thoroughly as possible.
‣ Only the winners will be notified by June 13, 2016.
‣ Ofid scholarship award Applicants must complete the on-line application.
‣ Within the on-line application, applicants must upload the required documents as listed below:
‣ Scholarship Application Due Date: The OFID Scholarship for Developing Countries Students application deadline is May 1, 2016.
‣ Application forms and guidelines can be download from the official website
‣ It is important to read the application procedure, and visit the official websites (link found below) for detailed information on how to apply for this scholarship.