Any Ethiopian undergraduate regular student of the Addis Ababa University, 2nd year or higher, at One of the units listed below, and having a cumulative GPA of 3.00 and above is invited to apply for the Aklilu Lemma Scholarship Awards.
Criteria for Selection:
- Cumulative grade point average (CGPA) of 3.0 or higher; weighted 75% of total.
- Strong confidential letter of recommendation by relevant department or faculty testifying to the applicant’s serious commitment to his/her studies, good conduct and other achievements including active participation in extra & co-curricular activities and community services; weighted 20% of total.
- Short personal statement essay, not exceeding one type written Page, to allow theapplicant to emphasize any particular/outstanding aspect of his/her application; weighted 5% of total.
- 25 Meritorious students will be screened and selected by ALF Committees at different levels to be recipients of the Aklilu Lemma Scholarship Awards.
- ALF will strive to ensure participation of Female Students who fulfil the minimum CGPA requirement of 3.00.
- Successful applicants will be awarded a certificate of merit, a monthly stipend of Eth. Birr 200.00 during the academic year, and some other educational support.
- The Scholarship Award is tenable for one year and is renewable until graduation, provided the awardee maintains the CGPA required for renewal to be specified by faculty/school/institute committees at the time of selection.
- ALF does not provide scholarship for a student who is receiving scholarship/grant from another award scheme.
Accepted Subject Areas
College of Natural Sciences (CNS)
- Faculty of Life Sciences •Biology
- Faculty of Physical & Chemical Sciences
- Faculty of Computer & Mathematical Sciences
College of Health Sciences (CHS)
- School of Veterinary Medicine
- School of Medicine
- School of Pharmacy
Addis Ababa Institute of Technology (AAIT)
College of Social Sciences & Humanities (CSS &H)
- Faculty of Social Sciences
- School of Social Work.
Application Deadline; 31 July 2016
Click here for more information