Apply For Graduate & Undergraduate Scholarships To Study In Austria, 2016

Apply For Graduate & Undergraduate Scholarships To Study In Austria, 2016

The Scholarship Foundation of the Republic of Austria offers scholarships in the form of Grants and Research promotion to international students (except Austrians) for Undergraduate, Graduate and Postgraduate study.

Grants may be semester and/or one-year grants, or research grants. Scholarships are also awarded for research periods at scientific research institutions in Austria (e.g. universities, Austrian Academy of Sciences, National Library, National Archive).

You are invited to apply for a Scholarship of the Scholarship Foundation of the Republic of Austria if you are NOT from Austria, and fulfill the requirements outlined below.

Scholarship of the Scholarship Foundation of the Republic of Austria

Course(s) Offered: All fields
Course Level: Undergraduate, Graduate, Postgraduate
Provider: Republic of Austria Scholarship Foundation
Country to Study in: Austria
Eligible for application are

• descendents of forced labourers (regardless of their country of origin)
  • or people coming from countries that have suffered exceptionally from the Nazi regime, especially from the recruitment of forced labourers.

Students meeting the above mentioned criteria can apply to pursue research:

• on their bachelor thesis
  • on their diploma or master thesis
  • or their dissertation.

No scholarships are awarded for Bachelor-, Master- or Doctoral/PhD studies pursued in Austria, summer courses, language courses, clinical traineeships or internships.

Applicants must not have studied/pursued research/pursued academic work in Austria in the last six months before taking up the grant.

AGE LIMIT:

• Doctoral students: 40 years (born on or after March 1, 1976)
  • for other students: 35 years (born on or after March 1, 1981)

Eligible groups
Citizens of ALL countries (EXCEPT Austria)

Participating Institutions
Universities and other scientific research institutions in Austria e.g. Austrian Academy of Sciences, National Library, National Archive

Fields of study
Area of study or research include:

• Natural Sciences
  • Technical Sciences
  • Human Medicine, Health Sciences
  • Agricultural Sciences
  • Social Sciences
  • Humanities
  • Arts

Number of awards
Not specified – the quota to be awarded depends on the budget. An award is only possible once per category, a renewal is not possible.

Sponsorship duration
Scholarships are awarded for periods of 1 – 4 months

Scholarship benefits
The scholarship grant benefit paid include:

1. monthly scholarship instalment: 940 EUR
  2. accident and health insurance: if necessary, the OeAD (Austrian Agency for International Cooperation in Education and Research) will effect an accident and health insurance. The costs for the insurance have to be covered from the scholarship.
  3. The OeAD provides scholarship holders with accommodation (student dormitory or apartment). Monthly costs: 220 to 470 EUR (depending on the level of comfort requested by the scholarship holder). The scholarship holder has to pay an administrative fee of 18 EUR/month to the OeAD for the provision of accommodation. The costs for the accommodation have to be covered from the scholarship.
  4. Applicants from countries which are neither members of the EU nor members of EFTA, EEA or OECD can be granted a travel allowance. The lump sum depends on the country of origin.

Method of Application
Applications are completed online, and the following requested documents have to be uploaded for the Online Application on www.scholarships.at:

• fully completed Online Application form “Application for a Scholarship of the Scholarship Foundation of the Republic of Austria” including a CV and a project plan, describing the plans and completed preparatory work for the research stay in Austria
  • two letters of recommendation from university lecturers. For these letters of recommendation no specific form is required; they have to contain the letterhead, date and signature of the person recommending the applicant and the stamp of the university / department and must be no older than six months at the time of application
  • confirmation of supervision by a supervisor at the chosen Austrian university, university of applied sciences or research institution
  • scanned passport (showing the name and picture of the applicant)
  • university graduation certificate of your diploma, master, PhD or doctoral studies at a university outside Austria resp. proof of enrollment at a study programme at a university outside Austria
  • confirmation, that proves your participation in a study programme (Bachelor, Master/Diploma or PhD) at your home university
  • for descendants of forced labourers: processing number or photocopy of the letter of information or other relevant proofs

It is important to visit the official scholarship webpage (link to it is below) for complete information on how to apply.

DEADLINES:
The closing date for all applications is 01.03.2016

PLEASE NOTE:
Applications that are incomplete or do not meet the requirements cannot be taken into consideration.

The Funding organisation for this scholarship is OeAD-GmbH on behalf of and financed by the Scholarship Foundation of the Republic of Austria.

Application Deadline: 1 March 2016
Open to International Applicants: Yes

More Scholarship Information and Application

1. Desalegn Abera

February 12, 2016 at 4:07 PM

my name is Desalegn Abera from Ethiopia I want to study human medicine.Please if possible contact me with your university.Once i am apoor family student to complete in Ethiopia it is difficult for me.so please support me.phone+251921206997 or desabera1@gmail.com

2. Jean Bonheur Mpayimanayokuri

February 13, 2016 at 9:20 AM

Hello, Dear Sir/Madam, I am Jean Bonheur Mpayimanayokuri from Rwanda country aged 20 years old. I am male single. I have finished secondary school studies but I have no capacity to pay university fees because I am very poor, that is why I beg you and ask you a help and support so that I may get this scholarship for undergraduates in human medecine field because I want to make my dreams come true of being a doctor. Please help me to get these chances of studying abroad. You may contact me on mobile phone at: + 250728514928 Or E-mail me at: jbmpaye@gmail.com Thank you forward for your answer and help, Jean Bonheur Mpayimanayokuri

3. Bethaneya worku Andargie

March 2, 2016 at 2:38 PM

Hellow dears am Bethaneya worku am 20 from Ethiopia now am studing two degrees the first one is Engineering at Debre tabor universty and the second one is Management at Debretabor university am srong and talented women and I have good self confidence I BELIVE I can do evry thing because I know I have sgreat poential inside me and also I have big dream and if I get good chance I KNOW my dream wll become true and am really interested in this scholarship program hope you will support and give priorieties for womens if you give me this chance its my pleasure please contact me 251928463261 or you can use my facebook page Bethaneya.worku@facebook.com tank you

4. Dagnachew Temesgen

April 1, 2016 at 4:21 PM

Hello,Dear Sir/Madam,My name is Dagnachew Temesgen from Ethiopia 19 years old.Iam Biomedical engineering science student at Addis Abeba University but in this university the materials are not fullfill that are used in apractical lab iam not gain expected knowledge because the teaching mechanim more on theory.As much as possible give me a chance its my pleasure and get a better knowledge,please contact me 251984742954/251918514266.thanks for all.

5. Gatluak Tot

April 4, 2016 at 9:42 AM

It will be a wonderful chance if one like me may get that chance, i will hear from you guys soon, thank you

6. Feyisa Lemesa

April 4, 2016 at 3:49 PM

my name is Feyisa Lemesa . I’m from bahirdar University,ETHIOPIA .i will graduate near after three month by this 2016 in animal production and technology stream of study. here i am applying for this rare chance always delivered from you to the third world countries and for those developed one. From the very beginning i have no word to thank you from the depth of my heart for your such free offering.You will stay memorized for ever . To sum up,i need further your hand for successful completion of my second degree in your college. I would like if you give me your hand in my dream that i want to be specialized in livestock breeding and for the enhancement its production as well as its health through out our world including yours. finally,i will eagerly waiting for your positive answer at your convenient time. yours faithfully, Feyisa Lemesa

7. Feyisa Lemesa

April 4, 2016 at 3:50 PM

my phone number+251962923108

8. SUHAYB OSMAN MAXAMED

April 15, 2016 at 7:05 PM

hi dear my name suhayb osman maxamed i want to get scholarship plz help meh

9. fetiya

May 19, 2016 at 5:53 PM

my name is fetiya jula I’m from Ethiopia & I’m high school student next year I attend universities in my country I’m social since student I need to learn in your university by economics & business if you give me this chance I’m grt full this my no + 251937285771 contact me

10. Wasswa Lawrence

September 24, 2016 at 6:55 PM

Dear admin, Am wasswa Lawrence from uganda, am seeking for ascholarship of undergraduated of any business coarse am highly indeed of you support to most especially the 2017 undergraduated scholarships pliz help me i will be appreciative if am considered contact me through 0786796282, 256753241630.and also through hanrylawrence@gmail.com