Application Deadline: May 31st 2016
The Ministry of Education and Science of The Republic of Macedonia announces this Call for Applications for students who will study at public Universities in the Republic of Macedonia, where the teaching language is Macedonian.
The scholarships are available to outstanding students, not older than 28 years, from People’s Democratic Republic of Algeria, United States of America, Republic of Angola,Republic of Armenia, United Arab Emirates,Republic of Azerbaijan, Barbados, Republic of Belarus, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Federative Republic of Brazil, Republic of Burundi,Kingdom of Cambodia,Republic of Cameroon, Republic of Chad, People’s Republic of China, Republic of Cyprus, Republic of Croatia, Czech Republic, Denmark, Arab Republic of Egypt, Republic of Estonia, Federal Democratic Republic of Ethiopia,Republic of Fiji, Republic of Finland, Gabonese Republic,Georgia,Republic of Ghana,Hellenic Republic,Republic of Hungary,Republic of India, Republic of Indonesia,State of Israel, Republic of Iraq, Japan, Hashemite Kingdom of Jordan, Republic of Kazakhstan,State of Kuwait,Lao People’s Democratic Republic, Republic of Latvia, Lebanese Republic,Libya,Republic of Lithuania,Malaysia, Republic of Mali,United Mexican States,Republic of Moldova,Mongolia,Kingdom of Morocco,Republic of Namibia, Kingdom of Norway,Sultanate of Oman,Islamic Republic of Pakistan, Palestine,Republic of Philippines, Republic of Poland, Portugal,State of Qatar,Romania, Russian Federation,Kingdom of Saudi Arabia, Slovakia, Republic of Slovenia, Kingdom of Spain, Democratic Socialist Republic of Sri Lanka, Republic of Sudan, Kingdom of Sweden,Republic of Tajikistan, United Republic of Tanzania, Kingdom of Thailand,Tunisia, Turkmenistan, Republic of Uganda,Ukraine,Republic of Uzbekistan, Socialist Republic of Vietnam,Republic of Zambiaand Organization of American States.
As eligible for the scholarship shall be considered candidates who:
1. Are currently enrolled in the final 4th year of secondary education or who possesa 4-year secondary education (high school) degree;
2. Have a return airplane ticket from/to the applicant’s home country;
3. Are not older than 28 years of age;
4. Have a good knowledge of the English language.
The scholarship provides for:
· tuition fees, in full;
· visa and residence permit fees
· return air fare from the applicant’s home country;
· accommodation and food (full board) in the University dorms;
· additional monthly allowance of 5000 MKD (approximately 120 USD);
· Free intensive course for learning Macedonian.
All interested candidates should refer to www.stipendii.mon.gov.mk and www.mon.gov.mk for more detailed information regarding the scholarships and the process for application.
Documents to be submitted
Candidates are required to provide certified copies from the following original documents:
· Official high school diploma or certificate (where available);
· Official transcripts;
· Proof of English proficiency. All students whose first language is not English are required to provide evidence that their spoken and written command of the English language is appropriate.
· Official document certifying the candidate has no criminal convictions and is not under criminal investigation at the moment of application certified with Apostle Stamp. Candidates should note that with the exception to some countries, these are two separate documents;
· Official general medical report, including medical tests for HIV and Hepatitis C;
· An electronic copy of the Passport which must be valid for the next 5 calendar years;
· In addition, as part of the application candidates are required to summit two letters of recommendation from two academic professors/teachers who are well acquainted with the candidate’s academic abilities.
All submitted documents must be in English or certified translations in English.
Candidates should submit their application together with all supporting documents to the following address
Ministry for Education and Science of the Republic of Macedonia
Saints Cyril and Methodius Street, No.54
Republic of Macedonia
All prospective candidates should note that in addition to sending the official copies of all required documents via post, they must also send scanned copies of the required documents to the following e-mail: [email protected] .
For More Information: