New Zealand Development Scholarships For Students From developing countries, 2016/17

New Zealand Development Scholarships (NZDS) give candidates from selected developing countries an opportunity to gain knowledge and skills through study in specific subject areas which will assist in the development of their home country.

‣ Awardees are required to return to their home country for at least two years after the completion of their scholarship to apply these new skills and knowledge in government, civil society or private business organisations.

‣ NZDS are funded by the New Zealand Aid Programme, the New Zealand Government’s overseas aid and development programme.

‣ They are managed by the New Zealand Ministry of Foreign Affairs and Trade (MFAT). NZDS are for postgraduate study in New Zealand and are availalbe to candidates from specific Latin American and African countries, some Chinese provinces, and from Nepal, Timor-Leste and Mongolia. NZDS are also available for undergraduate study to candidates from Timor Leste.

School(Institutions/ Country): | New Zealand

Level: Scholarships are available for full-time postgraduate study (i.e. Postgraduate Certificate, Diplomas and Masters degrees) in New Zealand except for China, Nepal and Mongolia which are available also for PhD study and in for Timor Leste which are awarded for both undergraduate and postgraduate study (Postgraduate Certificate, Postgraduate Diploma, Masters (research and/or coursework) and Doctoral)

Field(s):  2016 New Zealand Development Scholarships are awarded for study related to Agriculture Development and Renewable Energy (for Africa and Latin America); For China: Preference will be given to candidates who apply to study in academic disciplines relating to one or more of the following: Rural development; Food safety and biosecurity; Tourism and small business development and Agriculture Development; For Mongolia and Nepal: Preference will be given to study in academic disciplines relating to one or more of the following: Agriculture Development, Renewable Energy, Private Sector Development and Public Sector Management; For Timor Leste: Preference areas are Private sector development (business and commerce), Technology, Tourism and hospitality, Agriculture Development (including fisheries and forestry), Governance, peace and justice and Environment and resource management and for the Caribbean:Preference will be given to Agriculture Development, Renewable Energy and Disaster Risk Management.

Deadline: The application deadline is 31 July 2016 but for China is 18 May 2016 and for Timor-Leste is 30 April, 2016.

Funded By: The 2016 New Zealand Development Scholarships funded by the New Zealand Aid Programme, the New Zealand Government’s overseas aid and development programme. They are managed by the New Zealand Ministry of Foreign Affairs and Trade (MFAT).

Applicants must meet the following requirments to be eligible for  2016 New Zealand Development Scholarships

‣ Be a minimum of 18 years of age at the time of commencing your scholarship.

‣ Be a citizen of the country from which you are applying for a scholarship.

‣ Not have citizenship or permanent residence status of New Zealand, Australia, USA, Canada, European Union countries, United Kingdom, Japan, Israel, South Korea, Qatar, United Arab Emirates, Saudi Arabia.

‣ Important note: this condition does not apply to applicants from the Cook Islands, Tokelau or Niue, or applicants from Samoa with dual Samoa-NZ citizenship.

‣ Have resided in your home country for at least two years immediately prior to commencing your scholarship.

‣ Important note:this condition does not apply to applicants who are members of the diplomatic corps or their dependants, and may not apply to applicants for Short Term Scholarships.

‣ Have at least 2 years of work experience (part time or fulltime, paid or voluntary).

‣ Important note:this condition does not apply to applicants from the Pacific who are applying for a pre-service scholarship -Not be serving military personnel.

‣ Be able to satisfy Immigration requirements for international student entry to New Zealand or the country in which you will undertake your scholarship (i.e. medical checks, police clearances/character checks, etc.)

‣ Be academically and linguistically able to obtain an Offer of Place for the proposed programme of study from the tertiary institute where you will undertake your scholarship.

‣ Not have been previously terminated from a New Zealand Government Scholarship

‣ Seek a qualification that will contribute to the sustainable development of your home country

‣ Commit to return to your country for a minimum of 2 years at the end of your scholarship.

Selection Criteria for 2016 New Zealand Development Scholarships

‣ Preference will be given to candidates who demonstrate strong academic ability, leadership qualities, and a commitment to the development of their home country.

‣ Preference is also given to candidates who are 39 years of age or younger at the time of commencing their scholarship.

Scholarship Application Method

‣ Apply for an Offer of Place (admission) at your preferred one of the ten eligible New Zealand education institutions using their usual application process for international students.

‣ Once you receive admission to a New Zealand institution, download the New Zealand Scholarships application form and complete all sections.

‣ Submit 2 copies of your completed application form, with all attachments and supporting documents (including an Offer of Place) by the deadline to the Ministry of Foreign Affairs and Trade via post But applicants from China and Timor-Leste should submit their application to their respective New Zealand Embassy.

‣ Scholarship Application Due Date 30 April 2016.

‣ Application forms and guidelines can be download from the official website

‣ It is important to read the application procedure, and visit the official websites (link found below) for detailed information on how to apply for this scholarship.

For more Information about 2016 New Zealand Development Scholarships

1. Melese Reta

February 11, 2016 at 11:05 AM

Hello my dear/madam,my name is Melese Reta from Ethiopia. I have been graduated from Jimma university,Ethiopia in civil engineering with B.Sc.degree on June 2015.I have great interest to study in your university.could you contact me kindly?I would like to study master by agricultural development because more than 80 of my country’s life is base on anceint agriculture,so I like to develop my country’s life style. I have great hope on you to give me this golden opportunity. My Email:melukoo2013@gmail.com phone number:+251912810451 thanks with best regards.

2. Seid Gumataw

February 22, 2016 at 5:56 PM

Hello my dear my name seid Gumataw.I am from Ethiopia.I have Bsc degree in applied chemistry with commulative GPA 3.81 from Bahir Dar University ,Ethiopia. I have a strong commitment to learn MSc degree at the feild of science streams in your scholarship with a Good talent. If you gave me a chance ,contact me by email gumatawseid@gmail.com or by phone number +251920794478 ,thank you.

3. Seid Gumataw

February 22, 2016 at 5:58 PM

Hello my dear my name is seid Gumataw.I am from Ethiopia.I have Bsc degree in applied chemistry with commulative GPA 3.81 from Bahir Dar University ,Ethiopia. I have a strong commitment to learn MSc degree at the feild of science streams in your scholarship with a Good talent. If you gave me a chance ,contact me by email gumatawseid@gmail.com or by phone number +251920794478 ,thank you.

4. Eshetu Azanaw

February 27, 2016 at 8:38 PM

Hello,i am Eshetu Azanaw from Ethiopia.i have BA degree in journalism at Bahirdar university,Ethiopia.please contact me on +251918042073 or eshetuazanaw@yahoo.com

5. Endale Demissie

March 7, 2016 at 10:26 AM

Hello! my name is Endale Demissie from Ethiopia i’m awarded BA degree in Economics please help I want to learn Msc contact me 0924302240 & Demissendale@gmail.com

6. Bubacarr

March 10, 2016 at 3:48 PM

Hello, my name is Bubacarr Njie from The Gambia presently residing in Italy. I have a certificate in commercial studies.I can be reached on 3510659538 Or e-mail me at bubanjie@ymail.com. Looking forward to hear from you 😊.

7. Assen, Abdu Kemal

March 17, 2016 at 10:00 AM

Hello,dear sir/madam I am Assen, Abdu Kemal. I have graduated from Dilla University, Ethiopia on July 2015 with BSc. degree in Natural Resource Management . And I have a great interest to study my Msc. in Renewable Energy becaue Ethiopia needs an experts to sustain it’s strategy and policies on Green Energy Production suit with Climate Change Reduction. If get this golden opportunity, I will fill this gap and is good chance to me as well as my country too and also you will satisfy.

8. TESFAYE TANTU HIDOTO

March 18, 2016 at 9:32 PM

I AM INTERESTED TO GET THIS CHANCE; SO I NEED YOUR HELPS FOR THIS GRATEFUL JOB.

9. Remedan Kasim

March 21, 2016 at 8:07 PM

I Am Remedan Kasim From Ethiopia I Have First Degree Bsc In Field Of Rular Development And Agricultural Extension In 2010 G.C From Ethiopia, Haramaya University And I Have 6 Years Work Expireance In My Home Country So I Want To Study Master Degree In Related To My Fields In Your Scholar Ships Award, My Contact Address Phone No +251913230554 , Email : Kasimremedan11@gmail.Com

10. asmare nigussie

March 25, 2016 at 10:08 PM

hello ,i am Asmare Nigussie from Ethiopia 5th year civil engineering at jimma university,i am happy to study masters degree in your university,if you give me a chance ,please help me! i am poor in background,contact me by 251926707029

11. sophia ronald

April 4, 2016 at 7:11 AM

Am sophia ronald, from Tanzania (African Country ) I have certificate in accounting and finance but I would like to learn more through this scholarship, for more infomation 255638342 or my email address sophiaronald9 @gmail. com

12. balemual abebaw

April 7, 2016 at 1:38 AM

i am balemual abebaw from ethiopia. i am 27 years old. i have graguated as docter of vet.medicine from UOG. i realy want to learn my master. please call 0931758018 or 0918150354

13. debela diriba

April 16, 2016 at 6:44 PM

i am native to ethiopia. i have graduated in Bsc civil engineering a year ago and im lecturer now.so i friendly request if u gave me the chan ce im very glad

April 18, 2016 at 6:39 PM

i have undergraduated from gondar univ-BA in biotechnology this is my phone number +251922208272

15. Birhanu Daba

April 24, 2016 at 7:04 PM

My name is Birhanu Daba from Ethiopia.I am graduating in Bachelor of Accounting and finance from jimma University, Ethiopia, under the full support of the Ethiopian government.Now I’m looking for free tuition scholarship to enroll for Master of Science in either of the field like accounting and finance, business administration,other related fields. Thank you very much in advance for all your time and cooperation. With Best Regards

16. Mekonen Abera

May 12, 2016 at 11:51 AM

My name is Mekonen Abera from Ethiopia. I was graduated from Wollega University,Ethiopia,Nekemte in BA degree in Banking and Finance,under the full support of govenment.Now i need support to get scholarship in the relative field of my BA degree.Thank you for your support.My mob.+251963360500.

17. Nhom Akot Tong Akot

June 7, 2016 at 2:56 PM

I have been undergraduated in Business Administration. To recognise my request u can contact:+211955507608