Xiamen University Scholarships for Bsc., MSc. and PhD. International Students To Study In China

The Xiamen University (XMU) in China offers scholarships to doctoral, master’s and undergraduate candidates, in the Xiamen University Scholarships.

Scholarship awardees will have their tuitions covered (a maximum of 3-4 years for doctoral programmes, 2-3 years for master’s programmes, 4-5 years for undergraduate programmes). Moreover, XMU provides monthly living allowances for outstanding master’s or doctoral candidates in accordance with the standards of Chinese Government Scholarships.

The successful recipients’ academic performance will be assessed each year and only those achieving the required standard will have their scholarship renewed for the following year.

Xiamen University Scholarships

Course(s) Offered: Any field
Course Level: Undergraduate, Graduate (masters, phd)
Provider: Xiamen University
Country to Study in: China

1). Applicants must be non-Chinese citizens in good health.

2). Educational background and age limits:

• Applicants for bachelor’s degree studies must have a high school diploma and be under the age of 25.
  • Applicants for master’s degree studies must have a bachelor’s degree and be under the age of 40.
  • Applicants for doctoral degree studies must have a master’s degree and be under the age of 45.

Selection criteria:
Scholarship assessment will be on the basis of application documents, applicant’s academic performance and overall quality, and their supervisor’s opinions.

Applicants for undergraduate programmes will be given priority if they apply with a high score in SAT, IB diploma, GCE A level test, or UCE test. Applicants for postgraduate programmes will be given priority consideration if they graduate from world-renowned universities, sister universities, or are recommended by senior professors or experts.

Eligible groups
Citizens of ALL countries (EXCEPT China)

Participating Institutions
Xiamen University, Fujian Province, P. R. China

Fields of study
All undergraduate, master’s and doctoral academic programmes are available in both the English language and Chinese language. The English-medium undergraduate, master’s and doctoral programmes are as follows:

English-medium undergraduate programmes
Colleges/Schools Programmes Degree awarded
School of Economics Economics Bachelor of Economics
Medical School Clinical Medicine(MBBS) Bachelor of Medicine

English-medium master’s programmes
Colleges/Schools Programmes Degree awarded
School of Humanities Chinese Philosophy Master of Philosophy
School of Law Civil and Commercial Law Master of Law
College of International Relations International Relations Master of Law
School of Economics International Trade Master of Economics
Coastal and Ocean Management Institute Marine Affairs Master of Science
College of Chemistry and Chemical Engineering Chemical Engineering Master of Engineering
Physical Chemistry Master of Science
School of Information Science and Technology Computer Science and Technology Master of Engineering
The Wang Yanan Institute for Studies in Economics Finance Master of Economics
Financial Engineering Master of Economics
Western Economics Master of Economics
Quantitative Economics Master of Economics
Management Economics Master of Economics
Institute for Financial & Accounting Studies Finance Master of Management
Accounting Master of Management

English-medium doctoral programmes
Colleges/Schools Programmes
College of Humanities Archaeology, Chinese History, World History, Anthropology, Chinese Philosophy
School of Management Accounting, Financial Management, Enterprise Management, Management Science and Engineering, Technology Economics and Management, Marketing
School of Economics Statistics, World Economy, International Trade, Energy Economics
Wang Yanan Institute for Studies in Economics Western Economics, Finance, Quantitative Economics, Statistics, Labor Economics, Regional Economics
School of Law International Law
Intellectual Property Research Institute Intellectual Property Law
College of Foreign Languages and Cultures English Language and Literature
School of Physics and Mechanical & Electrical Engineering Electromechanical Engineering, Condensed Matter Physics, Radio Physics, Electromagnetic Field and Microwave Technology
School of Mathematical Sciences Basic Mathematics, Computational Mathematics, Probability & Mathematical Statistics
School of Information Science and Technology Computer Science and Technology, Communication & Information System
College of Chemistry and Chemical Engineering Analytical Chemistry, Organic Chemistry, Physical Chemistry, Chemistry and Physics of Polymers, Applied Chemistry, Chemical Engineering, Chemical Technique, Biological and Chemical Engineering, Industrial Catalysis
College of Materials Materials Physics and Chemistry
School of Life Sciences Zoology , Biochemistry and Molecular Biology , Hydrobiology, Cell Biology, Genetics
College of Ocean and Earth Sciences Physical Oceanography, Marine Biology, Marine Chemistry, Marine Physics, Marine Geology, Marine Biotechnology
College of Environment and Ecology Environmental Science, Environmental Management, Environmental Engineering, Ecology
School of International Relations World Economy, Theory of Political Science, International Relations, World History
Institute of Education Higher Education, Educational Economy and Management
School of Pharmaceutical Sciences Chemical Biology
Institute of Financial and Accounting Studies Accounting, Finance

Number of awards
Up to 24 (including 8 for doctoral candidates, 11 for master’s candidates and 5 for undergraduate candidates)

Sponsorship duration
The maximum duration for the awarded scholarships are as follows:

• Undergraduate (i.e. Bachelor’s degree) students: 4-5 years
  • Master’s degree students: 2-3 years
  • Doctoral degree students: 3-4 years

It is important to note that the awardees’ academic performance will be assessed each year and only those achieving the required standard will have their scholarship renewed for the following year.

Scholarship benefits
The scholarship will cover FULL tuition fees for doctoral, master’s and undergraduate programmes. It will also provide monthly living allowance for outstanding master’s or doctoral candidates.

The first-class scholarship for doctoral and master’s candidates will have their tuition fees covered, and also offer monthly living allowance (RMB 2,000 per month for each doctoral student; RMB 1,700 per month for each master’s student). Bachelor’s candidates will not be provided with the first-class scholarship.

The second-class scholarship for undergraduate, master’s and doctoral candidates will have the awardees’ tuition fees ONLY covered for the entire duration of programme.

See official website (link to it is below) for more information.

Method of Application
Applicants are eligible for scholarship assessment only after they are admitted to the undergraduate, master’s or doctoral programme of Xiamen University.

Applying to the scholarship entails:

1. Applicants are required to make an online application first, AND then download and print the Application Form for International Students generated after successful online application.
  2. Applicants can now fill out and print the “Application Form for XMU Scholarship” found on the official website.
  3. Submission of application documents: Send by post to XMU Admissions Office the two forms and other required documents by 30 April. (Postal address: Admissions Office of Xiamen University, Fujian Province, China 361005; Tel: +86 (0)592 2184792).

It is important to visit the official website (link to it is below) for detailed information and also to access / download the “Application Form for XMU Scholarship” so as to apply for this scholarship.

DEADLINES:
The application period begins February 1 and ends on the April 30, 2016.

PLEASE NOTE:
The result is expected to be out in early to mid June and will be published on the website of the Admissions Office (see link below). Awardees will be notified via email and their certificate of award will be sent out as soon as possible.

Application Deadline: 30 April 2016
Open to International Applicants: Yes

More Scholarship Information and Application
More University Scholarship Information(XU main Scholarships page)

1. Tamirat Anjulo

February 2, 2016 at 9:32 AM

My name is Tamirat Anjulo Debena. I am from SNNPRs Ethiopian & I have LL.B Law 1st degree . Now I need LL.M law free & fully funded scholarship.Thanks for your positive replies.My phone =+251912256989, Email= malalamiracle@gmail.com Tamirat Anjulo

2. Melese Reta

February 4, 2016 at 6:40 AM

Hello my dear/madam my name is Melese Reta from Ethiopia.I was graduated from Jimma university,Ethiopia in civil engineering with B.sc degree on June2015. I would like to be one of your student who study master in civil enguneering or related field. I have great respect to your beloved community and to your university as you have very long aged relation with my country Ethiopia.I have great interest to study in your university because you have good knowlodge in civil course and other.could you contact me kindly? Phone number:+251912810451 or Email:melukoo2013@gmail.com Regards Melese Reta

3. Workineh Gezu

February 5, 2016 at 7:41 PM

Hello my dear/madam I am Workineh Gezu from Ethiopia.I graduated from Bahir dar university,Ethiopia in Natural Resource Management with BSC degree on June 2012 and I have accumulative GPA of 3.67. I would like to be one of your student who study MSC in Environmental Science or other related fields. I have great respect for your beloved University and your country. I have an interest to study in your country. This is because of my expectation to get great knowledge in my field of study. Could you contact me kindly?! my address:-phone number +251918534660 email:- workinehgezu21m@gmail.com kindly Workineh Gezu

4. Golicha Doko

February 7, 2016 at 11:21 AM

Hello Dears iam Golicha Doko from Ethiopia, iam 3rd year biology student at Wolaita Sodo University. Please give chance for me and contact me by 0925675795 or Golicha2015@gmail.com

5. niyitanga david

February 8, 2016 at 7:33 PM

hello! my name is niyitanga david from rwanda country with 20 years. i am high school graduate, i need this scholarship chance please contact me on email:niyitangadavid2@gmail.com or +250727846121

6. nsabimana bernard

February 10, 2016 at 1:30 PM

hello, i am nsabimana bernard from Rwanda ,i am currently student in university of Rwanda college of science and technology in program of water and environmental engineering i will graduate in July 2016.i would like to apply for scholarship in field of environmental management for masters degree.may u give me the chance?contact me on email:berncom1246@gmail.com

7. Irankunda Eric

February 11, 2016 at 7:30 AM

Hello! Sir/madam, i’am Rwandan with high school graduate, i’am here by appling for international student scholarship in china, it will be glade if my application is accepted, i hope if it succeed, it will be provide me with knowledge and develope my career for the benefit of my future and my country Rwanda. this is my number and my email +250722927772, irankundac0@gmail.com, please save me.

8. fetene habtamu

February 12, 2016 at 10:58 PM

hello dear my name is fetene habtamu from ethiopia i have b.a degree in managemenet.i want to learn masters any field in your university.so give me achanc and contact by +251910735211 email fetenehabtamu@gmail.com

9. Wako Dido Diba

February 23, 2016 at 8:52 PM

dear/madam my name is Wako Dido from Ethiopia.I have been graduate from Bahir Dar university, Ethiopia, by department of natural resource management on june 2014. I have a dream to enjoy my Ms program in your country and also I want to study environment al management please contact me by E-mail. wakokiya@Gmail.com or cellphone +251916776994 or +251920643909

10. Senbeta Kidist Feyisa

March 8, 2016 at 2:17 PM

My Name Kidist From Ethiopia I want To Study Electrical Engineering For First Degree

11. Abera Lula

March 15, 2016 at 8:25 AM

Hi my name is Abera Lula from Ethiopia i have diploma human resource management now if i will get this golden chance i want to study marketing management my address abera0258@gmail.com Mob 2510912025830

12. Astewul semie

March 22, 2016 at 6:07 AM

i am astewul from ethiopia.i went to ap ply from ur institution +251934593354

13. Ermias bekele

March 22, 2016 at 3:21 PM

My name is Ermias Bekele from Ethiopia I am 24 years old and I have Bsc in nursing from Addis Ababa university.I want to study in your university please contact me by my phone number +251922869024/ermiasbekele20@gmail.com.

14. asmare nigussie

March 27, 2016 at 3:28 PM

hello,dear i am Asmare Nigussie from Ethiopia,5th year civil engineering ,i am very happy to study in china,in related field please help me,i am poor in background ! i am kindly respect your country ,contact me,251926707029

15. betegbar andualem

March 27, 2016 at 5:57 PM

hello madam!my name is Betegbar Andualem.I have bachlors degree in biology from university of mu in Ethiopia.so i wants to learn ms in related fields.so please invite me by phone number +251918282626 or email-betegbarandu222@gmail.com.thank you.

16. balemual abebaw

April 7, 2016 at 1:00 AM

i am balemual abebaw from ethiopia. i am docter of vet.medicine. i realy want to learn my master in your university. please call 0918150354 or 0931758018

17. caydiid

April 18, 2016 at 3:10 PM

Hi mr/miss i am somali student graduted by becholar degree of computer sceince i am need to master degree scholarship contact me +252615026857

18. Mitiku Andualem

April 19, 2016 at 11:10 AM

i am Mitiku Andualem.i am in ethiopia.i am graduates by Geomatics engineering .Now i want to study in chaina Msc programme.tell me by +251918494896 and email andu.mitiku6@gmail.com

19. Belay Yadeta

August 18, 2016 at 1:13 PM

My name is Belay Yadeta, an Ethiopian in Nationality and I am graduated from Haramaya University in IRRIGATION AGRONOMY (MSc. Degree ). I working as Lecturer by offering different courses like Principles And Practices of Irrigation, Principles of Irrigation and Water Harvesting Technology, Irrigation and Drainage, Research Methods and Experimental Design for different departments of under graduate students) and researcher at Ambo University from 2011 to know. I have great inclination to proceed my PhD in any related to water courses or specifically Agricultural water resource management, water resource and irrigation management, soil and water conservation etc. or any related courses. My initiation to get the opportunity in your university has a great contribution for agricultural water resource related problem which is the most constraint for production and productivity of the agriculture. Here by I enclose my comment to invite you to provide me the necessary information concerning the scholarship opportunity.