The Canadian Nurses Foundation is the only national foundation solely committed to promoting the health and patient care of Canadians by financially supporting Canadian nurses engaged in higher education, research, home health-care and specialty certification; advocating dissemination and utilization of nursing knowledge.
‣ Study Awards are supported by the Scholarship Fund Trust Accounts investment income as designated by CNF donors, and by contributions made by corporate and individuals donors.
‣ Every year, the Canadian Nurses Foundation gives out more than $275,000 in scholarships and bursaries to advance nursing practice and knowledge in Canada.
‣ Canadian Nursing Foundation Scholarships are awarded based upon merit. We believe that supporting Canada’s best and brightest nurses will ultimately lead to superior patient outcomes and a stronger Canadian health care system.
‣ As Canada’s only national nursing foundation, we proudly accept applications from students across the country, in all regions of Canada.
‣ Before you begin the online application, please read our Guide to the online application process. All applicants are required to pay a non-refundable $35.00 fee to help cover administration costs.
‣ Online applications must be submitted no later than midnight EST on March 31. Applicants will be informed of results by the end of June.
‣ CNF gives nurses across Canada approximately $245,000 annually in scholarships and certification awards.
‣ The awards have different values, depending on the level. Generally the average value is:
School(Institutions/ Country): | Canada
Level: Baccalaureate , Master’s , Nurse Practitioner Level & PhD Level
Deadline: March 31st.
Funded By: The Canadian Nurses Foundation
Beneficiaries(Target Groups): Canadian Nursing Foundation Scholarships are Open for Canadian nurses engaged inhigher education, research, home health-care and specialty certification; advocating dissemination and utilization of nursing knowledge.
‣ Canadian citizen or permanent resident
‣ Must be writing the CNA certification exam, certification renewal exam, or certification by continuous learning
‣ Not be receiving financial support from any other source to pay for the exam fees.
‣ You must have already have completed, or
‣ be in the process of completing, at least one year in a nursing program, and
‣ have at least three complete semesters remaining after the application deadline. Application deadline is 11.59pm EST Monday March 31st.
‣ Applicants are required to apply online now (http://cnf-fiic.ca/what-we-do/research/apply-now/#.UsahCmhVg1g)
‣ Deadline for submission of applications: 11.59 pm March 31
‣ CNF will reimburse the fees of the certification exam, certification renewal exam or renewal by continuous learning for at least one nurse in each of the 20 specialties/areas of nursing practice.
‣ The selection is made by the Canadian Nurses Association Certification team.
‣ The awards are not merit based: each nurse has an equal opportunity balanced by geographic distribution of the applications received in that year.
‣ Please note that if awarded, funding is contingent on success in the 2016 certification exam, certification renewal exam, or certification by continuous learning.
‣ If you need guidance with the content of the application, please contact email@example.com
If you need technical support, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
‣ Application forms and guidelines can be download from the official website
‣ It is important to read the application procedure, and visit the official websites (link found below) for detailed information on how to apply for this scholarship.