National University of Singapore is offering PhD scholarship for international students with an aptitude for innovative, high calibre PhD research in Singapore. Applicants must graduates with at least 2nd Upper Honours or equivalent qualification. The N G S Scholarship is awarded to talented students with an aptitude for innovative, high calibre PhD research.
‣ The terms for the N G S Scholarship is being reviewed. Revised terms of the Scholarship will be implemented from the January 2016 intake onward.
‣ NGSS is open worldwide to all local and foreign students. You could apply for other scholarship programme(s) in NUS concurrently.
‣ Application to the different Faculties / Schools has to be done separately. Where deemed appropriate and at the discretion of the review panel’s recommendation, NGS may direct some of the applications to other departments in NUS.
School(Institutions/ Country): the National University of Singapore | Singapore
Level: PhD programme
Field(s): in all subjects offered by
Deadline: 15th May 2016
Funded By: National University of Singapore
Beneficiaries(Target Groups): NGS Scholarship is targeted for Students from any country
‣ Award No: Not Specified
To avail NGS Scholarship, candidates must see the criteria listed below:
‣ Opens worldwide.
‣ Graduates with a passion for cross-disciplinary research in science, engineering, computing, and related aspects of medicine. -
‣ Graduates with at least 2nd Upper Honours, or equivalent qualifications.
‣ The GRE is compulsory for students applying from overseas. Only strongly recommended for graduates from local institutions, e.g. NUS or NTU.
‣ TOEFL is compulsory (ONLY applicable for applicants whose native tongue or medium of undergraduate instruction is not in English).
‣ Shortlisted applicants will be notified by email or phone. Rejected applicants will be notified via email.
‣ Normally, the outcome should be known within 3 months from the closing date of the application.
‣ Shortlisted applicants are usually required to attend one interview. The usual periods of interview for the Aug intake will be in Dec/Jan; Jan intake will be in Jun/Jul.
Scholarship Application Method
‣ Applications are submitted via online.
‣ Scholarship Applications are due on15th May 2016.
‣ Application forms and guidelines can be download from the official website
‣ It is important to read the application procedure, and visit the official websites (link found below) for detailed information on how to apply for this scholarship.