The University of Sheffield, in collaboration with the Allan and Nesta Ferguson Charitable Trust and the Sheffield Institute for International Development, offers 12 scholarships (over 3 years) targeted at international students from developing countries for a number of courses that are affiliated with the Sheffield Institute for International Development.
Worth of Award
There are four scholarships available to academically strong individuals from developing countries. Each scholarship offers the following:
- A full tuition fee waiver
- Maintenance for University accommodation and a monthly stipend
- You must hold an offer for one of the following courses to study at the University of Sheffield in 2016 by Friday 29th April 2016:• MA Cities and Global Development
• MA International Development
• MSc in Environmental Change and International Development
• MPH in International Development
• MA in Globalisation and Development
• MA in Global Justice
• MA in International Relations
• MSc in International Social Change and Policy
- You must be classified as overseas for tuition fee purposes.
- You must be self-funded to receive this award, i.e. not funded by a research council, government, private enterprise, charity or any similar organisation.
- This scholarship cannot be awarded in conjunction with any other funding awards, either from the University of Sheffield or external sources.
- Your mode of attendance must be full time.
- You must begin your studies at the University of Sheffield in 2016. This scholarship cannot be deferred.
- Receipt of the scholarship is subject to successfully meeting any condition(s) attached to your offer before the deadline provided by the Admissions Service.
- Receipt of the scholarship is subject to successfully receiving a visa to study at the University in September 2016.
How to Apply
- You will be automatically considered for the scholarship if you receive an offer to study one of the eligible courses and you are a national of, or permanently domiciled in, one of the eligible countries or territories. Your course application will be assessed by a panel of academic judges to decide whether you will progress to the final stage of the application process.
- Please use their postgraduate online application system to submit your application for an eligible course.
Deadline: You must hold an offer for one of the following courses to study at the University of Sheffield in 2016 by Friday 29th April 2016:
- If you are selected for the final stage of the application process they will contact you by 13th May 2016. At this point, they may ask you to submit a short personal statement to support your application.
- If you do not receive an email by Friday 20th May 2016 asking you to submit a personal statement for the Allan & Nesta Ferguson Scholarship you have not been selected for this award.
If you have any questions about this award please email email@example.com
Click here for more details and to apply