The Centre of African Studies offers 3 MSc GAI-MA Scholarships to African residents as part of the Governance for Development in Africa Initiative funded by the Mo Ibrahim Foundation.In order to be considered for funding, applicants must first secure a place for the MSc by applying directly to the SOAS admissions office.
‣ The Mo Ibrahim Foundation has generously provided SOAS with three MSc scholarships per year for African students undertaking full?time MSc programme in the field of Governance for Development in Africa.
‣ The scholarship provides for fees, for accommodation and living cost for the year.
School(Institutions/ Country): SOAS, University of London| UK
Level: master program
Field(s): Scholarships are available for fulltime MSc programme in the field of Governance for Development
Deadline: 30 April 2016
Funded By: The Mo Ibrahim Foundation
Beneficiaries(Target Groups): This Scholarship is targeted for African students
To be eligible for GAI-MA Scholarships, applicants must meet the following criteria:
‣ Domicile/Residency: Applicants must be domiciled (or permanent residents) in an African country.
‣ Preference will be given to scholarship candidates living in Sub?Saharan Africa.
‣ Eligible Programmes: MSc (Full?time) undertaken by scholarship applicants must directly address or be applicable to the issue of Governance in Africa.
‣ Assessment: Scholarship candidates will be assessed based on their academic merit and references. SOAS is committed to accepting only those scholarship candidates who can demonstrate an ability to complete a MSc in one year.
‣ Only complete applications will be accepted. Incomplete applications will not be considered for a scholarship.
‣ The Advisory Panel expects to have made a final decision on the Mo Ibrahim Foundation MSc Scholarships by May of each year.
‣ All scholarship candidates will be notified of the outcome of their application.
‣ Applications send by email or post.
‣ Scholarship Applications are due on 30 April 2016.
‣ Application forms and guidelines can be download from the official website
‣ It is important to read the application procedure, and visit the official websites (link found below) for detailed information on how to apply for this scholarship.