Application Deadline: April 29th 2016
Award of Scholarships by the Government of the Republic of Mauritius to Students of African Union member states Higher Education is one of the key elements of growth and social development in Africa. As part of its commitment to promote capacity-building at high level across the continent, the Ministry of Education and Human Resources, Tertiary Education and Scientific Research on behalf of the Government of Mauritius, is awarding scholarships to deserving students who are resident citizens of member states of the African Union.
- Candidates should be between 18 years and 25 years of age by the closing date, and must have applied for full-time on-campus undergraduate studies at any public Tertiary Education Institutionin Mauritius for academic year starting in 2016.
- The duration of the award will be up to four (4) years
- The Scholarship will support successful candidates in meeting tuition fees and contribute to their living expenses during their studies in Mauritius.
- Furthermore, the airfare from and back to the country of origin of the student will be covered
- An application under this scheme is to be made through the sole Nominating Agency res ponsible for the processing of scholarships in the country of citizenship of the applicant.
- Such a Nominating Agency, which is typically part of the Ministry of Education in the country of citizenship of the applicant, will then shortlist and endorse the applications of selected candidates for the Scholarships and submit the duly completed and vetted application and nomination forms by 29 April 2016 to the Ministry of Education and Human Resources, Tertiary Education and Scientific Research of Mauritius, which will be responsible for final selection.
- Applicants are advised to consult their Ministries of Education in their country for the contact details of their Nominating Agencies in their country.
The following documents are available for download from the Ministry’s website.
- This Call for Application
- Guidelines for Applicants
- The document contains important information concerning the conditions of the scholarship, the application procedure, and a list of public Tertiary Education Institutions in Mauritius to which the applicants must have applied for full-time on-campus undergraduate studies.
- These should be made freely available to all prospective applicants.
- III. Application Form
- The application form constitutes the only method of application. Section FIVE (Endorsement by Nominating Agency) of the application form should be duly completed by the Nominating Agency.
- 5. The Nominating Agency is requested to email all the electronic/scanned versions of documents of shortlisted eligible candidates to firstname.lastname@example.org before 29 April 2016 and then also dispatch/courier the complete paper applications directly to:
The Ag Senior Chief Executive,
Ministry of Education and Human Resources,
Tertiary Education and Scientific Research
(Attn: Tertiary Education and Scientific Research Division)
MITD House, Pont Fer, Phoenix 73544
Republic of Mauritius
For More Information: