Application Deadline: 28th March 2016 5.00pm.
The Wangari Maathai Scholarship Fund is an environmental innovations fund set up in memory of Professor Wangari Maathai that aims at developing actionoriented young people with strong values and commitment to the conservation of the physical and social environment in Kenya. The fund has been established by The Rockefeller Foundation, The Green Belt Movement and Kenya Community Development Foundation (KCDF).
This is the fourth public call for scholarship applications to the fund. A scholarship award from the fund is given each year to a young woman who has demonstrated passion and personal commitment to environmental conservation. This individual must also demonstrate their ability to successfully mobilize people and provide leadership in environmental advocacy.
- A young woman of between the ages of 18 – 25 years.
- Kenyan citizens currently residing in Kenya
- The scholarship is limited to applicants who have enrolled in a Kenyan University
- Ability to demonstrate the environmental conservation project(s) they have started or have been involved in and how those initiatives have impacted people in their community, in ways that have improved environmental health and sustainability, and the fund’s goals of achieving a greener, cleaner and a more sustainable community.
How to Apply:
- Detailed application guidelines and application forms can be downloaded from the following website: www.kcdf.or.ke.
- Applications NOT submitted in this form will be disqualified.
- COMPLETED APPLICATION FORMS can be submitted to KCDF by email to firstname.lastname@example.org. to be received on or before 5.00pm, 28th March 2016.
- Any other supportive documents should be scanned and sent as attachments with the filled in proposal.
- Please state on the email subject line: CfA No. WMSF/R4/2016.
- Applications delivered outside the deadline shall be automatically disqualified. Applicants must counter check with the checklist to ensure that all the required attachments are included. Incomplete applications will NOT be considered.
- Dissemination : 29th to 11th March 2016
- Deadline for Submission of Proposals : 28th March, 2016
- Screening & Review: 8th April , 2016
- Notification of Awards & Agreements Signing: 22nd April, 2016
- Disbursement of Grant: 6th May 2016
For More Information:
Visit the Official Webpage of the Wangari Maathai Scholarships Fund