Loughborough University Scholarships For African Students To Study In UK, 2016

Loughborough University Scholarships For African Students To Study In UK, 2016

Loughborough University invites applications for full-fee scholarships for full-time taught postgraduate students who are currently domiciled (permanently living) in Africa.

The scholarships are being funded through a combination of generous external funding and University funds. The University will award a limited number of scholarships and the standards required are very high.

Worth of Award

• The scholarships will cover 100% of the course fees for applicants chosen postgraduate taught course for one year (replacing any Departmental or Loughborough University scholarships or bursaries they may already have been awarded).
  • Students will be expected to fund their travel and maintenance costs through other sources. Evidence of maintenance funds must be included in the scholarship application.

Applications will be initially shortlisted and the final decision on the awards will be made by a selection panel of senior staff of the University. The selection panel will use the following eligibility criteria when assessing applications:

• Currently domiciled (permanently living) in Africa
  • Evidence of exceptional academic achievement (normally a 1st Class Honours Degree)
  • Commitment to return to their home country on completion of postgraduate programme
  • Evidence of the ability and commitment to making a significant contribution to their home country on their return
  • Full understanding of the costs involved in coming to study and live in the UK
  • Evidence of strong motivation and initiative to secure funds to cover the remainder of the costs involved

How to apply

• Students who are in possession of an offer (conditional or unconditional) of a place on a postgraduate taught course can apply for the scholarship using the application form which can be downloaded online

Applicants are advised to spend considerable effort ensuring that this application reaches the selectors in a form that is clear, well presented and which reflects your abilities and motivation.

The application should be returned (by post, fax or email) to:

International Office
Academic Registry
Loughborough University
Leicestershire LE11 3TU
UK
Fax: +44 (0)1509 223971
Email: international-office@lboro.ac.uk

Deadline: Application closes on April 30, 2016. You should apply for admission and receive an offer before this date.

For more details and to apply online, click here

1. tugume jackson

March 2, 2016 at 10:13 AM

we need scholarships.+256772468064, +25670702773755.

2. Golicha Doko

March 2, 2016 at 10:13 AM

I am undergraduate bioligy students at Wolaita sodo university. Pls give chance and contact me by 0925675795 or Golicha2015@gmail.com

3. hanan hassan si'ow

March 2, 2016 at 10:45 AM

Hi my name is hanan hassan si’ow I am somalian i am undergraduate at secondry school i need this scholership if it possible Please contect me for the email Princessxilkas1@gamil.com

4. ahmed

March 2, 2016 at 8:55 PM

my name is ahmed aden I am somali boy cleverly his edcution I want to continou my edcution please contact me yhis email axmed2448@gmail.com

5. Hamze Abdiaziz

March 3, 2016 at 5:12 AM

My Name Is Hamse I Live In HarGeiza Somalia I Need Free Scholarship If U Can

6. Hamze Abdiaziz

March 3, 2016 at 5:13 AM

My Name Is Hamse I Live In HarGeiza Somalia I Need Free Scholarship If U Can +252634824631 My Number Xamsy000@gmail.com My Email

7. flimon wogaso

March 4, 2016 at 9:11 AM

I would like to take the scholarship changes, please give chance by construction technology department. from -Wolaita Sodo ,Ethiopia . mobile phone number, 251926572533

8. bethelhem esayas

March 5, 2016 at 10:06 AM

am bety from Ethiopian I want to give the chance. am an accountant I can learn more subjects.thank you

9. Eshetu Azanaw

March 5, 2016 at 11:00 AM

I am Eshetu Azanaw from Ethiopia.I have BA degree in journalism.please contact me on +251918042073 Or eshetuazanaw@yahoo.com

10. abdi-jabar

March 6, 2016 at 1:03 PM

je m’appelle abdi-jabar et je suis djiboutien mon email est abdijabar40@hotmail.com

11. Melese Reta

March 6, 2016 at 5:23 PM

Hello there,I am Melese Reta from Ethiopia. I was graduated from Jimma university,Ethiopia in civil engineering with BSc. I would like to apply to this golden scholarship at your university,could you contact me kindly? Thanks with best regards.

12. mikal

March 7, 2016 at 11:01 PM

I’m glad to have this great opportunity. My name is Mikal Tesfamichael from Eritrea. O studied a four years nursing degree program and now I’m offering to join your university

13. mekdes yehizbalem

March 9, 2016 at 4:19 PM

Hey dear my name is mekdes yehizbalem am from Africa ETHIOPIA ,now I study my education at adama science and technology university ,yet I went to get the chance of this scholarship please contact me .cell phone +251919854204

14. Jolade Adebayo

April 8, 2016 at 3:24 PM

Would love a scholarship to study for Masters in education.

April 13, 2016 at 2:22 PM

my name duba bura, i am undergradute students of woilata sodo university ethiopia department me mathematics .if i got this chance please contact to me email:dubura65@gmail.com or my phone no:+251910467960

16. Awol Nasir

May 13, 2016 at 2:28 PM

my name is Awol Nasir.I was graduated from jimma university in Bsc.civil engineerig .I would like to apply to your university for scholarship. address:email:awe33ju@gmail.com,mobile:+251913458833 ;jimma,Ethiopia