2017/2018 DAAD Development-Related Graduate Scholarship for Study in Germany

2017/2018 DAAD Development-Related Graduate Scholarship for Study in Germany
From among the large number of postgraduate courses offered by German institutions of higher education, the German Academic Exchange Service (DAAD) supports a carefully chosen selection of programmes of particular interest to junior executives from developing countries.
These degree courses, which consist of one to two years of concentrated study, provide young,academically-trained professionals in leading positions from developing countries with the opportunity to engage in postgraduate education and training in their particular field or profession.
At present, postgraduate courses are offered in the following fields:
• Economic Sciences / Business Administration / Political Economics
• Development Co-operation
• Engineering and Related Sciences
• Mathematics
• Regional Planning
• Agriculture and Forest Sciences
• Environmental Sciences
• Medicine and Public Health
• Veterinary Medicine
• Social Sciences and Education
• Media Studies
Scholarship Details:
Postgraduate courses for young professionals from developing countries
•Duration: 12-24 months, depending on the particular institution
•Internationally recognised Master’s degree
• Includes German Universities and “Fachhochschulen” (Universities of Applied Sciences)
• Support of selected programmes with a variety of scholarships
• Funded by the BMZ (Federal Ministry for Economic Cooperation and Development), but
admission also open to self-fi nanced participants or students fi nanced through government or other sources
• Academic year 2017/2018
Prerequisites and Requirements
The Typical Scholarship Holder:
• Works either for a public authority or a state or private company in a developing country and, as such, is engaged in the planning and execution of directives and projects with emphasis on development policies having a bearing on technological, economic or social areas.
• Holds a Bachelor’s degree (normally four years) in a related subject.
• Has completed an academic degree with far above average results (upper third) and at least two years of related professional experience.
• His/her academic degrees should normally not be more than six years old
Language Skills:
• For courses in German:
DSH 2 or TestDaF 4; at time of application German skills at completed level A2 are required. In addition, German language courses at level A2 or B1 are highly
recommended.
• Exception:
Candidates for some German-speaking or bilingual courses need a very good command of German at the time of application. For detailed information see the relevant course description on the following pages.
• Note:
It is not possible to pass the required German language courses (DSH or TestDaF)
without any previous basic knowledge in the German language (at least A.2.1 Level), even with the preceding six-month intensive course in Germany. Passing the language test is a formal prerequisite for graduating from the German university.
• For courses in English:
IELTS (Band 6) certifi cate or TOEFL (minimum score: 550 paper based, 213
computer based, 80 internet based)
Note: Some courses may expect a different level. For detailed information see the relevant
course description on the following pages.
Scholarship Worth:
  • 12 to 36 months (dependent on study programme) Depending on academic level, monthly payments of 750 euros for graduates or 1,000 euros for doctoral candidates
  • Payments towards health, accident and personal liability insurance cover Travel allowance, unless these expenses are covered by the home country or another source of funding
    Application documents
  • DAAD application form
  • Hand-signed CV (please use the europass specimen form at ) hand-signed letter of motivation (with reference to current occupation) research exposé (if required by university) academic letter/s of recommendation from your university;
  • The letter must have a signature and office stamp and must be of recent date (not in a sealed envelope) professional letter/s of recommendation from your employer;
  • The letter must have a signature and office stamp and must be of recent date (not in a sealed envelope)confirmation of employment from the employer.

For More Information:

Visit the Official Webpage of the DAAD Development-Related Postgraduate Scholarships for study in Germany

1. farhia

April 20, 2016 at 7:46 AM

hi my name is farhia from somalai finshed school before four years ago now i very hope to get chane for scholarship progreming computer sceince thank u

2. Enable Demissie

April 24, 2016 at 8:50 AM

Oh! i hopeful to learn Msc in ur cry please give me a chance. And I have graduated Bsc in Economics , so I want to learn Msc in political Economics. contact me by phone 0924302240&0929498952

3. Endale Demissie

April 24, 2016 at 9:04 AM

Oh! i’m hoping to learn Msc in ur cry please give me a chance because I have graduated Bsc degree in Economics And i want to learn Msc in field of political Economics contact me by phone 0924302240& 0929498952

4. Asma Abdillahi Kaourah

May 11, 2016 at 10:25 AM

Bonjour j m appel Asma Abdillahi Et je suis une Djiboutienne j aimerais continue mes étudie là bas j ai un niveaux BAC j aimerais vraiment continue mes dans votre pays en Allemagne

5. shimeles zemene

May 13, 2016 at 11:50 AM

ma name is shimeles zemene I am from Ethiopia I have bsc in ecotourism and cultural heritage mng.t .I would like to learn in German so if u r OK.contact me 0925233947&shimeleszemene@gmail.com

6. Diriba mulisa Guduma

May 22, 2016 at 5:30 AM

I am from Ethiopia I graduated from wollega university by Bsc degree in nursing after 4 years stay of study with very great distniction. now I am working in Wollega university as assistant lecturer .please contact me if I am one of the individuals who will get this chance!!!!

7. Samuel Daka

May 24, 2016 at 7:12 AM

my name samuel daka from ethiopia.i have BSC degree in statistics from Dire Dawa universiy with GAp 3.33.I ITERESTED to study my MSC DEGREE PROGRAM GERMMANY.please give a chance and help me.contact me by my phone no +251921657553&+251916306452

8. Samuel Daka

May 24, 2016 at 7:14 AM

my name samuel daka from ethiopia.i have BSC degree in statistics from Dire Dawa universiy with GAp 3.33.I would like to study my MSC DEGREE PROGRAM GERMMANY.please give a chance and help me.contact me by my phone no +251921657553&+251916306452

9. Hammda

May 24, 2016 at 7:22 PM

Hi my name is hamda i finished college in somali i have degree in midwifery i need degree scolorship thnks

10. brhane solomom feshation

May 29, 2016 at 3:14 PM

my name is Brhane solomon i’m Eritrean,i have BA degree in nursing(BSN) graduated in 2009,now i wont study my MSc degree in nursing or related filed if i get the chance please contact me by e.mail brhane_solo94@yahoo.com

11. yohannes ahmed

June 7, 2016 at 1:59 PM

my name is yohannes ahmed i have citizenship of ethiopia , i have graduate in bsc chemical engineering . now i want to study related to this coars . i am happy if i will get this chance , also i appreciat your volunter action to support developing country bless . facebook email account 251914061654 or phone 251914061654

12. Muhammad

June 9, 2016 at 2:39 PM

hello sir/madam my name is muhammed camara i live in Gambia i complete high school this year i will be very happy when i have this chance to study in your humble country which was my dream since my childhood my email alhagiecamara1@gmail.com

13. yohannes ahmed

June 14, 2016 at 6:38 PM

my name is yohannes ahmed from ethiopia . i was graduate in chemical engineering before in ethiopia well known university .now i want to proceede msc of chemical engineerimg or in related feild in your facuality of german university . phone : +251914061654 email: johnahmed1188@gmail.com

June 15, 2016 at 9:51 AM

Hello my names muzamil mohamed abdulkadir I would like to study this scholorship please contact this phone +252618375059 or Email muzamilohaaya@gmail.com thank you

15. Alemayohu

June 23, 2016 at 1:02 PM

Hi !! I am Alemayohu from Ethiopia. I do have an Bsc but I want to upgrade my educational knowledge, skill and attitude in your University. Could you please me to achieve my dream education ??

16. Nakhale daniel

June 23, 2016 at 2:06 PM

My name is Daniel in Uganda i would like to pursue an MBA i hold 2nd class upper degree in business admin.

17. Nakhale daniel

June 23, 2016 at 2:29 PM

I have no proficiency in Germany language am I eligible to apply?

18. Kebede Belay

June 25, 2016 at 12:40 AM

I am kebede belay from Ethiopia am study BA degree 3nd year from Mizan Tepi university college in Agricultural science plant science department. I have interest to study in USA if I got who can help and sponsors me some, any man or any company who can help& and sponsors me contact by these email:- kebedegibdaw@gmail.com or number:-at what’s app 09932892975

19. mohamed

June 26, 2016 at 3:38 PM

hello dear sir/madam my name is mohamed in hargiesa somalia, graduated from faculty of law in university of hargeisa now preparing a masters degree in overseas since my home is not having equal apportunity so may you help me plz?

20. Enku Ayalew

November 18, 2016 at 2:27 PM

Dear Sir/Madam, My name is Enku, i am from Ethiopia. i have a BA degree in Marketing Management from Addis Ababa University and a Business Administration degree from Lincoln university,graduated both with great distinction. and now i want to continue my education and would like to apply for phd scholarship. Hopefully you will consider my kind request. Many Thanks,