Central European University announces the Future of Big Data Scholarship & Training Program, a scholarship program for students pursuing the MSc in Business Analytics or the MSc in Finance passionate about programming and data analysis.
CEU is a U.S. graduate university founded by George Soros in Budapest, Hungary. It is ranked among the world’s top 100 schools in a range of disciplines by QS and Times Higher Education, and #8 in economics and finance research grants by the European Research Council. CEU has 1,400 students and 370 faculty from 130 countries, alumni in 150 countries, and organized alumni groups in 72 countries
A London-based investment firm will award three scholarships for the 2016/17 academic year.
Worth of Award
The scholarships cover
- full tuition
- a dedicated mentor providing academic support
- a paid research assistantship for those in need of financial assistance.
- Scholarship recipients who perform well in their studies may be considered for an internship at the investment firm’s London office.
To be considered for a scholarship, applicants must:
- hold an undergraduate degree with a GPA of 3.0 or higher, or equivalent professional experience, in a quantitative field such as computer science, statistics, mathematics, engineering or economics.
- have a GMAT (or equivalent GRE) score of 600 or higher.
- demonstrate keen interest in programming, data analysis and financial markets.
- The scholarship committee may waive the GMAT requirement at its discretion. Applicants who are waived the GMAT requirement are required to take CEU’s internal mathematics test in person or online by video call.
- Beyond the formal criteria, applicants will be considered based on personal experience and qualities that may be relevant to working at an investment firm, such as a passion for data and coding; projects completed or in process; applied math, computer science and statistics courses previously taken; in-depth knowledge of programming languages, etc.
How to Apply
To apply for September 2016, please submit the following
- a completed MSc in Business Analytics or MSc in Finance Application Form.
- a competitive GMAT or GRE score of 600 or higher.
- a statement of purpose that indicates that you wish to be considered for the Future of Big Data Scholarship & Training Program.
Deadline: submit before May 31, 2016:
Click here for more details and to apply