CCMW (Canadian Council of Muslim Women) is offering Lila Fahlman Scholarship for Muslim women. Scholarships will be awarded to women who are enrolled in a full-time undergraduate or graduate degree or certificate programs at a Canadian college or university. Two scholarships of $1000 will be awarded. These scholarships are open to Canadian Muslim women. Preference for one of the
scholarships may be given to a Muslim woman of African descent.
The L Fahlman Scholarship is named after the late Dr. Lila Fahlman, a renowned educator and founder of CCMW (Canadian Council of Muslim Women).
The scholarship is sponsored by CCMW with generous donations from Ash-Lee Maritime Inc., Fadumo Gurey, CCMW members and friends.
Two scholarships of $1000 will be awarded to two Canadian Muslim women who are enrolled in a full-time undergraduate or graduate degree or certificate programs at a Canadian college or university.
Preference for one of the scholarships may be given to a Muslim woman of African descent.
Have what it takes to avail Lila Fahlman Scholarship?
A Muslim woman student who is:
‣ Has had experience with the Canadian Council of Muslim Women, which could include volunteering, membership, or through workshop participation.
‣ A Canadian citizen or a permanent resident of Canada. Please stipulate clearly which category you fall into.
‣ Enrolled in a full-time graduate or undergraduate diploma or certificate program at a Canadian college or university for the academic year 2016-2017.
‣ Committed to completing the full academic year. Should the candidate not complete the year, they must return the funds.
‣ Making a recognized positive contribution to society through civic engagement and/or volunteering experience. -Demonstrating financial need.
‣ Scholarship recipient to be announced early fall 2016.
‣ Download the application form below, complete the application requirements, and submit all applicable application materials according to the instruction in the application form by the deadline, May 29 2016.
‣ Scholarship Applications are due on May 29 2016.
‣ Application forms and guidelines can be download from the official website
‣ It is important to read the application procedure, and visit the official websites (link found below) for detailed information on how to apply for this scholarship.