Application Deadline: 10 JUNE 2016
The Department of Agriculture, Forestry and Fisheries in partnership with the Nanjing Agricultural University (NAU), are offering a fully-funded postgraduate scholarship to the People’s Republic of China. The aim of the scholarship is to address the shortage of critical skills by inviting applications from eligible individuals in the Professional Masters Program who wish to further their studies and pursue careers in Fishery Science to apply for this 2017 DAFF – China Scholarship programme.
The purpose of the scholarship is to promote the following:
• Profound and professional knowledge of basic theories in Fishery Science;
• Familiarity with the World Fishery Development and comprehensive knowledge structure;
• A spirit of innovation and practice;
• Capability of independently engaging in fishery technical and rural developing tasks;
• Innovative thinking;
• Ability to carry out independent research in fisheries;
• A rigorous style of study, good morality;
• Commitment to promote the development of fisheries and agricultural industries through strengthening cooperation between South Africa and China
- Applicants should be from a fishery-related administration or extension department, university, college, institute, or business etc.
- In good health;
- Possess a Bachelor’s Degree (or equivalent) in Fishery, Biology, Environment, and related majors;
- English as a 1st language or ideally an English proficiency test score (e.g. IELES, TOEFL, etc.);
- Under the age of 40;
- Must be a South African citizen;
- Individuals with requisite credentials from previously disadvantaged groups will be given first preference.
Those who are admitted will get the full scholarship provided by the Chinese Government and issued through China Scholarship Council (CSC). Included in the scholarship (subject to the adjustment of the Government) will be: