Jiangsu Provincial Government invites applications from international students for the “Jasmine Jiangsu Government Scholarship” for international students. These scholarships will be provided to undertake full-time study in universities and colleges of Jiangsu province.
Jiangsu is located along the eastern coast of China and with a highly developed economy and many ancient historical sites; it has become a fascinating province for international as well as Chinese tourists.
Worth of Award
- A fee waiver of tuition, registration, laboratory experiments, internship, and basic textbooks.
- The cost of experiments or internships beyond the program curricula is at student’s own expense. The cost of books or learning materials other than required basic textbooks is at student’s own expense.
- Free on-campus dormitory accommodation, or an accommodation allowance of CNY 10000 per year.
- A living allowance of CNY1,500 per month
- Scholarship recipients registering before the 15th of the registration month (the 15th included) will be granted the full living allowance of that month.
- Recipients registering after the 15th of the registration month will only be granted half of the living allowance of that month.
- Comprehensive Medical Insurance and Protection Scheme for International Students while in China.
- College student: CNY20,000 per academic year; Duration: One academic year
- Undergraduate student / Postgraduate student: CNY 30,000 per academic year; Duration: One academic year.
- Non-degree program student / Exchange student: CNY2,000 per month; Duration: 3 to 12 months (in accordance with the agreement).
Applicants must meet the following guidelines:
- Applicants must be non-Chinese citizens in good health.
- Education background and age limit:
- Applicants for both the college and undergraduate programs must have a senior high school diploma with a good academic performance and be under the age of 30.
- Applicants for the master’s degree program must have a bachelor’s degree and be under the age of 35.
- Applicants for the doctoral degree program must have a master’s degree and be under the age of 40.
- Applicants must agree to obey the relevant laws of the PRC and meet the admission requirements of the host universities or colleges.
- Applicants must have a good academic record.
- Applicants cannot be recipients of other scholarships offered by the Chinese government, local governments or other organizations simultaneously.
How to Apply: The mode of applying is online.
Supporting Material: In addition to the application for the scholarship, the applicant must submit the following documents:
- Scanned copy of the passport photo page.
- Highest diploma / degree certificate (notarized photocopy). High school students or university students shall also provide Certificate of Enrollment from the school or the university they are studying in. Documents in languages other than Chinese or English must be attached with notarized translations in Chinese or English.
- Academic transcripts (notarized photocopy): Transcripts in languages other than Chinese or English must be attached with notarized translations in Chinese or English.
- Recommendation letters: Applicants for postgraduate studies must submit two letters of recommendation in Chinese or English from professors or associate professors with contact details of referees.
- Other relevant documents: Please Note: Submitted documents will not be returned regardless of the result of the application.
Deadline: The application deadline varies from university to university.
Click here for more details and to apply