Applications are invited for NRF scholarship available to part-time registered doctoral students in order to enable them to complete
doctoral studies. Support will be provided to students currently pursuing research based doctoral degrees in all areas of Science,
Engineering, Technology and Mathematical Sciences (STEM) as well as the Social Science and Humanities (SSH) at public universities. For the 2017 academic year, the value of the bursaries will be a maximum of R10 000 per month for ten months or R100 000 per annum.
School(Institutions/Country): South Africa
Level: Scholarship is available to part-time registered doctoral students in order to enable them to complete doctoral studies.
Field(s): Support will be provided to students currently pursuing research based doctoral degrees in all areas of Science, Engineering, Technology and Mathematical Sciences (STEM) as well as the Social Science and Humanities (SSH) at public universities.
Deadline: 29 June 2016
Funded By: National Research Foundation
Beneficiaries(Target Groups): this Scholarship is targeted for South African citizens.
The NRF Scholarships funding programme aims to provide funding to part-time registered doctoral students in order to enable them to complete doctoral studies and thereby increase graduation and throughput rates.
‣ Currently, the NRF mostly provides funding for full-time studies.
The Department of Science and Technology (DST) has committed funding to part-time registered doctoral students to complete their studies.
‣ NRF Scholarships are open to only bonafide South African citizens or permanent residents
‣ Applicants must currently be registered for a doctoral degree and be in final year of the research activities
‣ Students who are academically deserving but financially needy will be given priority
‣ Priority will be given to those that are in the process of finalizing their thesis for examination and/or preparing a submission of a manuscript to an accredited journal
‣ All NRF scholarships awards should be held as primary funding towards the research study.
‣ Fellowships must not be held simultaneously with a fellowship from any other government or NRF administered source.
‣ Fellowship-holders are allowed to hold non- binding supplementary grants or emoluments to half the value of the NRF award or should the host university have an institutional capped value, the award can be supplemented to the university capped value for the level of study.
‣ Applicants must apply on the NRF Online system at: https://nrfsubmission.nrf.ac.za and follow the application process set out in the attached call/framework document and funding guide.
‣ Please attach the necessary documents in one PDF file in the following order: ID document, proof of permanent residence (if applicable) and certified academic transcripts, HR support letter.
‣ Scholarship Application Deadline: The closing date for submitting applications is 29 June 2016
Application forms and guidelines can be download from the official website
‣ It is important to read the application procedure, and visit the official websites (link found below) for detailed information on how to apply for this scholarship.
Click here For more Information about NRF Scholarships