The Ministry of Higher Education is offering scholarships for UAE nationals. These scholarships are available for pursuing undergraduate and graduate program for the academic year 2016–2017.
Its vision is to achieve leadership in Higher Education and global competitiveness in scientific research for the UAE.
The Ministry of Higher Education and Scientific Research was established by 1992 Federal Law No. (4), with a view to overseeing higher education and scientific research policies in the United Arab Emirates (UAE).
The applicant must obtain the required scores in one of the following language tests which will qualify him/her to study the degree and academic specialization from one of the higher educational institutions specified by the Ministry.
Course Level: Scholarships are available for pursuing undergraduate and graduate program.
Study Subject: Scholarships are offered in diverse fields to help students in upgrading their education.
- Travel Arrangements & Academic Supplies Allowance
- Monthly Stipend
- Travel Tickets
- Tuition Fees
- Scientific Instruments
- Health Insurance
- Hotel accommodation costs
- Masters and Doctorate Dissertation Printing Costs
- Freight costs
Scholarship can be taken in Abroad
Eligibility: In order to apply for these scholarships, applicants must follow the given criteria:
- The applicant must be a UAE passport holder.
- The applicant must not be awarded a scholarship from any other institution or entity within or outside the UAE.
- The applicant must submit a health fitness certificate.
- The applicant must submit a certificate of completion/release/deferment from National Service. The applicant must be a good conduct.
- The applicant must obtain the required scores in one of the following language tests which will qualify him/her to study the degree and academic specialization from one of the higher educational institutions specified by the Ministry.
- The applicant must obtain an unconditional academic acceptance stating the total cost of the program in the preferred major(s) and institution(s) specified by the Ministry.
- The applicant must obtain prior approval from the Certificate Equivalency Department in the Ministry for the accreditation of the institution, the program of study (major) and the duration of the program.
- If employed, the applicant must obtain a sabbatical leave from his/her employer. The document stating the study leave must include the approved country of study, degree, specialization, duration of the program, method of study (full-time or part-time) and leave type (paid or unpaid).
- The applicant must pass the personal interview.
- The applicant must sign the acknowledgment to adhere to the bylaws and regulations pertaining to the scholarship law and the instructions issued by the Ministry.
Nationality: Applicants from UAE can apply for these scholarships.
College Admission Requirement
Entrance Requirement: High school students: The applicant must score a minimum of 150 in the CEPA English exam.
Intermediate and Higher diploma students: The applicant must maintain a certain GPA (not less than ‘very good’) and meet the scholarship criteria.
Test Requirement: No
English Language Requirement: The applicant must obtain the required scores in one of the following language tests which will qualify him/her to study the degree and academic specialization from one of the higher educational institutions specified by the Ministry. The required scores are as follows:
IELTS Academic: 6.0
TOEFL iBT: 80
TOEFL PBT: 550
TOEFL CBT: 213
How to Apply: All submitted applications for countries and specialties shall be considered according to the needs of the UAE labor market and national priorities and with the applicability of the scholarship conditions for the year 2016/2017. The applicant should attach the following documents with the application form:
- A copy of high school certificate + equation if obtained from outside the UAE.
- Transcripts of 10th, 11th, and 12th grades in English.
- Unconditional academic acceptance, stating the cost of the study, for the academic year, from one of the educational institutions specified for scholarships.
- A copy of (TOEFL, IELTS) certificates as described in the above table.
- Certificate of Exemption / Postponement / Completion from the National Service Authority (for males).
- Copy of Passport
- A copy of Family Book.
- A copy of ID card.
- Parental Consent (for high school students only).
- Certificate of Good Conduct.
- A copy of educational qualification, a transcript + copy of equation; in the case of being obtained from outside the UAE, or copy of attestation; in the case of being obtained from a private educational institution inside the UAE (particularly students of graduate studies).
- For Employees: submit a study leave from the employer stating (the country of study, degree, leave duration, leave type (with or without salary), and study mode (full-time or part-time).
- Certificate of community participation (voluntary work, initiatives), if any.
Application Deadline: The application deadline varies from university to university.